TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Ok Thanks BrokenArts for the info.

John

pLS! help ! making tracks mission

hmm..... i have a question and a fear about that.

the question is: with the key marked and both signature on paper i will stamp on the silver insert.... but what kind of object i must put on the exit of that machinery ?

the fear is about a unmarked object founded on the bottom of the cauldron, under the boiler...into the fireplace (exactly rear).
    If is that the object that i must use, can i will found another ? that object i've losted on the lava upper the ladder of the cauldron.

Please don't tell me to restart all the game !!!

wrote to me at sterlinowi@inwind.it !!!

thank you and sorry for the bad english.

ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzz....hmm ohhh Ronf....taffer.... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz

You dont need the thing near the cauldron just the completed form.

sure ???

well thank you..!

this is a great mission and i want to go on without the fear for some bugs or everything...

Also thanks at who's made this very beautyfull mission.

The mission was made by belboz, who gave you the advice above! All his missions are terrific!

mission complete !!!

great ! good job folks, it'a very creepy mission here.

waiting for the next capter now.......

any hints as to where I can find the 2 stamps for the form? I got both signatures.

also- any clues as to where I can find the second star, I found the first one
    spoiler:
    on the wall in the office of the hammerite priest

I don't need explicit answers, just an area I should pay more attention to maybe...
    I've drained the water, I've finished the first task that the spirit gives you (well the second according to the objective list, but the only one I could do given what I'm missing) and (aside from zombies and
    spoiler:
    the civillian spider
    I've knocked out or killed every enemy I am aware of yet. so I'd appreciate any hints, thanks belboz for another great mission.

PS- belboz 2 things, there is an error in the mission (clipping) when you are outside near the docks/pool area, if you climb to the outside of the second story metal door (large door controlled by a lever) on the smythes warehouse building, you can walk through the door if it is closed.
    otherwise, while the objectives, puzzles, and story are excellent in this mission, I felt as though the maps were harder to follow and the area seemed less 'alive' in that the town seemed devoid of anyone other than hammers and mechanists, and 1 single keeper. no public stores (although there were independant warehouses and the 1 mechanist architect) no public roads, no bars, no break at any point from one big maze of either crates or forts. I don't know, I enjoyed the mission, and you are my favorite FM author, but to be honest, this is my least favorite in your series. (sorry)

I can't help with your first question as I don't think I've ever gotten that far on Expert. I keep getting waylaid with other things. I have finished it on Hard, though and I loved it. I didn't find the lack of "public" buildings out of place. It seemed to me to be a rather private area, so it fit.

For the second star
    spoiler:
    look around the "platform" that is marked on your map.

I found it, thanks nightwalker (and how did you know I'm playing expert, I am, but I don't remember saying so....)

You didn't say. I'm psychic, too, don't ya know?? Actually, you don't have to do that many things to the form on the lower difficulty settings.

There's no public building because its in an old hammerite quarry. Its also not in the town, the town is 50 miles south. The area is owned by the hammers/mechanists, anyone else there are supporters of the mechanists. There are no public shops, because its a religious industrial site. the only shop there, is the magic shop as hammers/mechanists needed someone to supply them and the miners things they couldn't get else where. The keeper is undercover, like a spy.

sorry belboz, it's more personal pref anyways (on my part), but I did enjoy the mission and thanks for contributing such great stuff.

Finally found some time to play this mission. Great, fresh ideas and mods! Love the architecture and mysteriousness of the mine and all.

I don't mean to sound negative, but...what's with the rather time consuming and changing grocery list? I feel like an errand boy and haven't even finished the level yet (on normal, no less). Too much back and forth if you ask me. I'm almost to the point of giving up.

I get kinda of impatient with that sort of stuff.

I hope this is taken as constructive critism.

Justice01

Clarify yourself, do you mean, changing of Objectives? Or what. If your stuck, either browse through the thread for answers, or come back and ask us. What is on your mind?

Yes, changing objectives. Usually that's a good and exciting thing, but here is just feels too much like work. All the running around, getting signatures, back and forth; hard to explain. Maybe I need to take a break from T2.

My mom always told me I would go blind if I did that too much! ...ummm..T2...that is.....

You dont have to do the signature route, there's an easyier one in the crypt, or get the cistern control document, and go through the cistern.

I've spent over 6 hours for this mission. But I've not done any objects yet!!

Pleaese help me...

Where is the "lucky head" so-called what is used for headless ritual?

It's in
    spoiler:
    a chest in the barracks, I believe.
    You don't get many objectives checked off in this one until almost the end, so don't worry about that. You'll get there.

>>NIght Walker

Thanks for your advice. But I can't found that at the barracks. Is there any chests in the barracks? which floors is there?

Please give me some advices.

Hang on and I'll go check. You didn't say what difficulty setting you're playing on, but I don't think the head moves. I'll be right back.

Okay, I'm back. I checked on Normal and Expert and it's in the same place on both, so it probably is on Hard as well. The barracks is the building across from the shed beside a garden. Go in the door, turn left, then go into the first door on the right. You'll be in a dining room. Walk across and through the next door. That takes you into a bunkroom. The first chest, closest to the door, is the one with "Bizutie's Lucky Head" in it. Does that help?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Jul 2002 at 15:41.

Thanks again.

Sorry, I did't give enough informations. I'm playing on Expert level.

And I've walked in the barrack for one hour.

It was definitely in the chest I mentioned on Expert. Did you possibly pick it up earlier and drop it somewhere, thinking it wasn't of any use? I'm afraid I can't be more specific than I already have been about the location. It's very close to the door where you enter. Are you positive you are in the right building?
    spoiler:
    There's an area with a garden with a scarecrow in it and a wooden shed beside the garden. The door to the barracks is almost straight across from the shed door. A mechanist guard patrols out the door and down by the garden, then back in the door and upstairs in the barracks.

If you check your e-mail, you'll find some screenshots I took. Hopefully that will help.

making tracks (stuck in)

I'm playing expert level:

I have the well key but it does not unlock the well grate

I have the 2 stars, but Jones tells me to do what he told me to do (?)

thanks

I'm not sure about the first question (I think I picked it open) but for the second one,
    spoiler:
    do you have the two Suns and have you put them in the proper places in the Apex room yet? You have to do that before you get what you need from I. Jones.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast