TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Hay, I need some help.

1:
    Where eactly are the two stars and I don't remember whitch bilding the hamerite prest's offis was in.

2:
    How do I lower the whater

3:
    What is the head richual thingy

Plezz I rely need help

I'm not sure what you mean by "lower the water"??? Can you explain?

The two stars are the Star of Dacorius and the Star of Penticus and they look just like what they are, stars. One of them is in
    spoiler:
    the Priest's office which is on the balcony above the church. To find the church, go through the gem warehouse from the offices and out the back door by the tracks. Look across the tracks and just a bit to the right. You'll see a doorway over there.

The "head" ritual -
    spoiler:
    This ritual gets you one of the Stars. Find the platform, marked on your map, which is just a raised platform by the tracks that allows the passangers to board the trains. Walk around behind it and you'll find a passageway. Walk down there to an area with a desk, jump over the desk and look for a low passageway behind the shrubbery.

You need the head that's in your inventory at the start, Bizute's lucky head, which you find in a chest in the barracks and a stone head from a broken statue, that's in a cave before you get to the room where you do the ritual. In the last room, there are 3 pedestals. Just place the heads on the pedestals (you'll know which one they belong on, because when they're on the correct one, a stream of light comes out). Once you've gotten all 3 places, go back out into the passageway and there's a doorway on the right that wasn't there before. The Star is on the wall.

Does that help at all? If you're still confused, let me know.

Still Need Help.

I got the star in the hamerite preat's room but the head richual only gave me a gold nuggit. I still need the 2nd star. I also need to find the key to the apex room.

One of the patroling guards, I believe has the key to the apex room, as for the ritual, if you have performed it correctly, and there is that burst in the center of the room, and you get your prize. You should of heard a door open, in the vicinity. Look around that area, for the Star of Penticus. The star's location does not change on the difficulty levels. Repeat, look around the area, for a door that opened upon completing the ritual. You should find the Star of Penticus soon after that.
    Hope this helps.

I thought Mr. I Jones gave you the Apex room key? He does on Hard and Expert, but I haven't played it on Normal, yet.

Where are the suns?

Hi, whats up. I got both stars thanx to your help but now where do I get the, "Rising and Seting Suns". Plezz Help Me!

You should state what difficulty setting you are playing on when you have questions. Things sometimes change depending on which one you're playing on and this is one of them. One of the suns is always in the same place. The Eastern Sunrise
    spoiler:
    is in a wood chest in the barracks. You need a key labeled "My Footlocker" key to open it. The person wearing it is in a large, glassed control booth out by the tracks.

The second sun, the Western Sunset, is
    spoiler:
    in a chest on a train car on Normal. Go out the door at the far end of the Gem Warehouse (the one that I told you about when I gave you directions to the Church) and turn left down the tracks. Check out the railroad cars and you'll find the chest. If you are playing on Hard or Expert, you need to check all the crates inside the Gem Warehouse. The Sunset is stored in one of them.

Is there a purpose to the iron nuget, that can be found near the key making machine? I completed the mission on expert and never had to use it for anything?

No, the iron nugget has no purpose. I asked.

spoiler:
    you do realise the whole mission can be done without swimming any of the wells, although doing so might hurt your loot hunt slightly, lol, signing machine third floor offices, stamp machine second floor offices, key making machine in warehouse besind engine.

excellent fm, long is for sure, took me 3 hours straight to get through, even then i died once by shooting the undead alittle too close, lol, spiders were hillarious.

did anyone ever figure out how to combine the stars for the hell of it.

Making Tracks - Expert

The problem with these larger levels that are cram packed with scrolls and paprus and notes and books, is that unless you play the whole thing in one sitting, you forget what information is relevant and what is just story telling. Then you try to remember where it was you read something that may or may not be important and go back looking for it, or search your ever swelling inventory and re-read everything till you come to the pertinent information.

Thus we come to my situation. I'm swamped with information collected over the past 3 or 4 days, and making it all fit into place is in itself the hardest burden to overcome. When this is finished, it will all make sense, of that I'm sure. So, one question at a time....

I have the document used to make something, a key I think, and I went to the appropiate machine, located in the large room with the locomotive. The document was signed by 1 person initially, and I went through the process of getting the 2nd signiture.
    Now the document with 2 signitures, when applied to the machine, makes a lot of noise, strobes red light, and nothing happens. I thought the door beside it would open. The document itself was spit out on the other side, as is.

I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is. Whatever comes out of the machine, I would use to continue on with this level. It might be the key to the Apex room, or the key to cells 1-5, as these are the areas I haven't penetrated yet. I think I've been everywhere else, but of that I'm not confident.

Hopefully I can finish this FM in the next 2 days, as I'll be out of town for a week and I'll have to re-learn the level from all the notes accumulated...not something I look forward to

Quote Originally Posted by Clock
    I have the document used to make something, a key I think, and I went to the appropiate machine, located in the large room with the locomotive. The document was signed by 1 person initially, and I went through the process of getting the 2nd signiture.
    Now the document with 2 signitures, when applied to the machine, makes a lot of noise, strobes red light, and nothing happens. I thought the door beside it would open. The document itself was spit out on the other side, as is.

I'm missing something, but I don't know what it is. Whatever comes out of the machine, I would use to continue on with this level. It might be the key to the Apex room, or the key to cells 1-5, as these are the areas I haven't penetrated yet. I think I've been everywhere else, but of that I'm not confident.
    You need to put the document, when it has the appropriate signatures, through the Stamping machine in the General office, then you take it to the machine in the workshop. When you have the finished form, the small door in the machine opens and the key appears in there.

You do NOT however, need to make the key at all to complete the level. There are a number of ways to get into the Old Miner's Village, which is where you will get the Apex room key. You can go down into the crypt under the church and into the waterway from there. You can go through the Water Retention center, use the code you find in the Chief Architect's office to open the big sealed door and go that way.

If you're too confused about what you need or where to go, feel free to e-mail me for more specific help.

Good grief...I forgot all about the water route under the church. I needed the code, which I forgot as well, for the water retention access route.

btw...did everyone find the super easy way to rid the section under the church of all the zombies? That was very enjoyable I'm so lazy

There are many tiny little questions about this level that I'm going to be asking about later. Disregard my opening tirade, this is a fun level.

Like I thought, everything falls into place once one little problem is solved.

Now that I've finished, there is one nagging point I want to clear up. Just inside the Psychic Shoppe, as you look at the wall opposite the front door, there is a shaded area representing a secret? door. I spent oodles of time running around here trying to find the trigger. Apparently, its not too important, as I've got along quite well without accessing it. But is this just a "textural" feature of the wall, or is there something behind it?

I went for the screenshot, but I can't find it anywhere. The Thief 2 booklet doesn't even mention what folder the shot will be located in. The "customize objectives" lists it as

F10 +alt

Can anyone tell me where in the Thief Folders the picture would be located ?

Never mind about the shading on the wall...I only now realized it represents the doorway exit to the previous FM. Probably just a marker to orient ourselves.

But could someone still enlighten me on taking screenshots ?

Making Tracks

I played making tracks and there seems to be a problem. Is this a bug or was I wrong? Here's the prob.

(1) I got both the stars of Damascus and Penticus and went back to I.Jones. But the "Objective Complete" trigger doesn;t go off. Are there any other twin stars?
    (2) Is the Cavern key that Jones promises, the key that opens chambers in Apex where we have to put the rising and setting suns or ...?

This was a mega mission. I really liked the size of the buildings. I think Garrett needs some rest after climbing up and down so many times

Quote Originally Posted by Clock
    But could someone still enlighten me on taking screenshots ?
    The Screenshots are located as *.pcx in Thief Directory. Search *.pcx in the directory. Generally stored as dump0000.pcx - dump9999.pcx in Thief Directory. Its very daaaark

TTGM: Making Tracks

i know what i need to do and everything and in reality already completed this mission but id like to tknow two things:

1) where is the Architect's office
    2) i found the hammer spiders and the servant spider but where is the benny spideR?

make it three:

whut was the Child of Karras doing when Benny and the other guard was playing "stone or coin" i heard voices but when i got around there, the game had stopped

thanks!

Where is the Star of Sunset

Please guide me find the star of sunset.
    There seems to be four stars:
    1.Dacorious Already found
    2.penita??? Already found
    3.sunrise(used for the Apex Room) Already found
    4.sunset(used for the Apex room) Not found

The Sunrise and Sunset are found... one in the barracks locked chest... one on the wall of the priest's room in the church.

Can you also help me, please? I have 2 problems. First, I can't find the 2nd star. And 2nd, I can't find the Dead Flesh Head. Hope you can help. Thanks, Hotlyx

Thank you for helping me. If you want the second star, first you'll need Dead flesh head which can be found in the same room in barracks which you have found the sunrise star. If I'm right it's the first chest on the left which even has a document on the bed next to it. Then for gaining the second star go to Trickster's Grotty Grotto to do the ritual with three (golden,dead and stone) heads

Quote Originally Posted by vijayk
    (1) I got both the stars of Damascus and Penticus and went back to I.Jones. But the "Objective Complete" trigger doesn;t go off. Are there any other twin stars?
    (2) Is the Cavern key that is Jones promises, the key that opens chambers in Apex where we have to put the rising and setting suns or ...?
    Sorry I didn't reply to this, but I've been away! I think that you have to go
    spoiler:
    to Mr. Jones after you've gotten both of the Suns and then he gives you the key to the Apex room. Once you've gotten in there and done what you need to, as well as found both of the Stars, then you go back to him and he gives you the cavern gate key.
    I haven't had a lot of time to play around with this missions, so I'm not sure of the exact requirements to make things happen, but I think that this is correct.

Dear HOTLYX, please read

I, firstly, thanked you for your advice without going to the game and check if it works. I thank you again but I guess you made a mistake. The star on the wall of the priest's room is the Star of Dacorious. I'm exactly looking for the SunSET Star. Or if I'm wrong tell me where is the church you mean. And if there is only one church (with both symbols of Hammers and Mechanists) tell me which room you exactly mean (the one on the second floor has the star of Dacorius!).

the other sun is in
    spoiler:
    a train boxcar which i s standing alone by the office building. the car is yellowish orange

Thanks ShadowWolf421

At last I found that God forsakened thing...
    But I have to remind you that the sunset was not in the train boxcar but in the Gem Mine Warehouse next to it, in one of the crates. Oh,God among approximately ten crates that was the only one I hadn't seen!!!

I had the suns as well

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    Sorry I didn't reply to this, but I've been away! I think that you have to go
    spoiler:
    to Mr. Jones after you've gotten both of the Suns and then he gives you the key to the Apex room. Once you've gotten in there and done what you need to, as well as found both of the Stars, then you go back to him and he gives you the cavern gate key.
    I had the Suns you mentioned but even then it didn't happen. I desperately need a way into cavern. This is one of those rare mega missions I'd certainly want to complete.
    I knew your reply to my prev post would be late. So no problem.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast