TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Quote Originally Posted by Aydin_metal
    But I have to remind you that the sunset was not in the train boxcar but in the Gem Mine Warehouse next to it, in one of the crates. Oh,God among approximately ten crates that was the only one I hadn't seen!!!
    The Sun is in the railroad car on Normal and in the Gem Warehouse on the other two difficulty settings. That's why it's important to state which difficulty setting you are playing on when you ask a question about FMs, because stuff sometimes changes or moves around.

Where is the star of Penticus?

Please tell me where to look for the star of Penticus. For crying out loud I've been searching for it for days. Does it have to do something with the pentagonal kitchen? Or maybe with the doorknob in one of the chests in the barracks? I'll be eternally grateful for any help.

Welcome to the forum, Momento Mori!

The Star of Penticus is the hardest to get. You need to
    spoiler:
    have "Bizute's Lucky Head", which you find in a chest in the barracks before you start this, then find the Platform, which is marked on your map. Look behind it for a passageway, go down it and on the left there's a desk. Climb over the desk and crawl into a small passageway behind some plants. Follow this and look for a room with a broken statue. Pick up the head it and continue to the end of the passageway. There's a room with 3 pedestals, where you place the two heads I've mentioned, plus one that was in your inventory at the start of the mission. When you put them on the correct pedestal you'll know because a beam of light shoots out. When all 3 are in place there is a small explosion and a nugget appears in the middle of the room. Leave the room, walk down the hallway a little and look for a doorway (on the right, I think) that wasn't there before. You'll find the star in there.

Thank you!

Thank you fo r the detailed explanation! You've no idea where I searched for that pentagram. Next time I play in the dark I'll get myself stronger glasses. Thanks again!
    Wisdom is earned not given.

I loved that mission, anyone have news about the next capter ?
    thanks

Help Please!

Help! How to get the Cavern Key from I.Jones? I had both the Twin Stars as well as the Rising and Setting Suns. But he says "I won't give you the key until you do what I say." Probably I didn't follow something he said. I'm too impatient to play it all over again. Anyway,I tried a Hard Save saved before meeting him and I did all that's specified on the Objectives screen. Neither those objectives got complete(checked) nor Jones gave me the key.

Here are some doubts..

(1)
    Are the Star of Penticus found by doing the HeadSie ritual and the Star of D... found at Priest's Office (near the Immortal Karras Book) the Twin Stars?

(2)
    Is the West Sun found in Apex room and The East Sun found at the Wagon(beautifully depicted, I like Trains any type..) the Rising and Setting Suns?

(3)According to the Apex Map There are a couple of rooms to be opened in the Apex. I think the Cavern Key is the key to open those rooms.(But I'm very much doubtful of that). How to open those compartments at the Apex?

Thank you in advance.

If you haven't done anything in the Apex room, then that is your problem. You need to
    spoiler:
    use one of the Stars on the plate on the wall beside each of the doors, then go in and put the Suns in their proper place.

Got the Water Cavern Key

Found the Key from Jones (Thanx) but where's the Cavern? I think its down the Rails where there's a Warning Put up. Am I right? If not,where?

The Cavern is
    spoiler:
    behind a locked gate very close to where you find I. Jones. There's a pedestal beside it that you use the Tri-key on.

lost on Making tracks

Iam lost on the Making Tracks mssion, I have no clue as to how I am suposed to lift the curse. Any help or hints would be very helpful.

BANNED
    LoL... I forgot, I think it has sumthing to do with the mission the ghost child gives you, and by the time u finish the mission u have lifted the curse, I remember some specific things about it, like how to win... so if u tell me the objectives, it will refresh my memory and i can give you specific help

spoiler:
    YOu have to get some items, one is a zombie head in the barracks, one is a skull i believe, and the last if there are only 3 as i remember is a statue head you find in the area where im gonna talk about
    spoiler:
    Go behind the train station platform thats against the rock, and behind it is an area, in there is a little guard post, within that area are a few passages, one leads to an area that i talked about with the statue head
    spoiler:
    u have to put the items on the pedestals, youll know if they are in the rigth spot, then a door opens up with one of the stars i think or the north sun or sumthing like that, ive seriously gotta replay this....

Thaks for the info it helped alot

BANNED

Making Tracks

Where are the 2 sunsets?

You really need to mention the difficulty setting you are playing on when you post these questions. It makes them easier to answer.

The Western Sunset, on Easy, is
    spoiler:
    in a crate on a railroad car, outside the door to the Gem Warehouse.
    On Hard and Expert, it's
    spoiler:
    in a crate inside one of the storage rooms in the Gem Warehouse.

The Eastern Sunrise, on all settings, is
    spoiler:
    in the Barracks, in a footlocker in the bunk room. You need to find a key labeled "My Footlocker" from a guard in the control booth to unlock it.

making tracks

well i just played this mission, totally excellent

i thought i would just drop a line to anyone who hasnt.

it is a great mission. huge, took several hours to beat. has lots of good scripting and tons of areas. theres a little bit of breakin/entering, a little big of adverture/cave hunting, a little bit of puzzle solving. lots to keep people interested. and a good story, and creepy atmosphere. i loved the tasks... reminds me of soulforge where u have to do one thing, to get a certain item. then use that item to make a new thing, etc. lots of innovative tasks. And it seems to have some optional objectives, almost like an rpg. not much custom voice acting but thats the only complaint. A good way to relax and have a fun mission.

Thiefmissions.com

Optional objective

I must really be missing something here; I'm playing on expert and have finished everything except for the optional objective. I've done several searches and can't find anyone talking about it, so I guess it must be really easy. Can someone give me a hint? Thanks!
    - J<

Thiefmissions.com

I was indeed missing something, but of course yoou always figure it out immediately after you post. A hint, for those who may also be stuck there:

spoiler:
    Go roof hopping in the miners' village
    - J<

Need SERIOUS Help with Making Tracks

One of my problems is that there's often a day or so between my play times. Such is now the case. It's been over 24 hrs since I played this mission.

I've found the child ghost, and he gave me some instructions. (not sure I remember exactly what those were) Is this kid the ghost of I. Jones? I think he is.
    Anyway, what is it that I'm now supposed to do? I already have the Western Sunset, and I have 2 heads; the Golden skull and the red head - Bizmuths (or something). Everytime I go near the kid he says if I don't do as he asked I won't get the key...what key is he talking about? Where do I look for everything I now need? Do I keep looking around the ruins where I am, or do I need to go back to the other parts of the map? (how do I get there?) Btw, I'm playing on Normal. I've been reading the back posts on this mission, but I need more direct help. And don't be afraid to give me a spoiler and ruin something. It's been a long time now, and I'm quite at a loss here to know what to do next.

This has been a very good mission, excellent in fact. It's too bad I have a real aversion to spiders because I killed them all before I realized they were the old hammers. I kinda thought they were, because they seemed to be talking as I was killing them. I missed the full joke on the timid one who ran away. I thought that was what was happening, but I killed him too fast. But I have to say it was a nice touch, a timid spider lol.

Anyway, someone please HELP!!!

I ran into the same problem with this mission, as I had to play it over a number of days. I found myself forgetting what I'd read, etc. What you need is NOT down in the area where you found I. Jones. (The "child ghost" was him.) You need to go back up and look for The Eastern Sunrise and 2 stars, The Star of Penticus and the Star of Dacorius. You need the two heads to find one of the stars. As a hint, find the platform that is marked on your map and look behind it for a passageway. .

Wow, that was a speedy reply, thanks Nightwalker. Luckily my quicksave game was right before the child ghost, so I just replayed his instructions. But I have a question. I really scoured the map before coming down here. If I didn't find the twin stars then, I don't see how I'm going to find them now. The same thing with the other sunset. Unless they're in the Apex room, that the ghost just gave me the key to. Where are the twin stars? Where's the other Sunset? And why does the ghost say I have to give him the stars, but the objectives say to keep them for myself? Do I really need to come back to the child ghost, or am I done with him?

He doesn't take the Stars, but you need to come back to him, once you've gotten everything and done the Apex room. He'll give you a key.

Here's where you need to look for your missing stuff:

The Eastern Sunrise is in a chest in the barracks (the same room where you found Bizute's Lucky Head.) To unlock that chest, you need to get a key from a guard that is standing in a control room overlooking the tracks. It's got lots of big windows, so you shouldn't have any trouble recognizing it.

The Star of Dacorius is in the Church. You need to go upstairs and into the Priest's office. The Star is hanging in a frame on the wall.

The Star of Penticus is the hardest to find. As I said, find the Platform on your map, then you need to get to it. It's not much to look at, just a plain raised platform for passengers to use to board the train. Look around behind it and you'll see a passageway you can follow. When you get to the place where there's a hole in the tracks, look to your left and you'll see a desk. Jump over it and then look for a small hole in behind the bushes. Crawl through, follow the passageway and keep an eye out for a small room on the left. In there, you'll see some bits of a broken statue. Pick up the head (3rd head for the ritual), then follow the passageway to the very end. In this room, you'll find 3 pedestals to place the heads on. You'll know when you've got them in the proper places. Once that is done, go back out into the passageway and just a little way down, there is now a doorway on the right that wasn't there before. Inside, you'll find the Star hanging on the wall. You also need to do the Apex room before you go back to I. Jones. Now that you have the Stars, you use one of those, inside the Apex room, to open two side rooms and you put one of the suns on a plate on the wall. Then go back to Jones to get your key.

Thanks Nightwalker. Ok, I've done all that except for 1 thing. I don't remember seeing a church? There's no church mentioned on the map, and I just don't remember it. Can you tell me where the church is? (meanwhile, I will be looking for it)
    But I do have the Star of Penticus and the Sunrise and Sunset. So once I get the other star I can do the Apex room thing.

Nvm Nightwalker, I found the church and the 2nd Star. (I just bumbled across it). So I'm off to the Apex room to do that.

Yes Long Finger, she is quite amazing. As a matter of a fact, she never ceases to amaze me too.
    Last edited by BadArm; 15th Jan 2003 at 11:55.

Long Finger
    I wonder how you do that everytime Nightwalker. You seem to have a buit-in encyclopedia with all the FM's you have ever played. I have been playing that FM some time ago, but I should have had to look at a walkthrough or replay the game to give this answer. You seem to know everything by the top of your head (or is that not good english? gobbledegook mayby? or doubledutch?) Anyway you did it again! My complements!

LOL! Thanks very much, both of you. I'm always glad to help and your English was just fine, Long Finger, other than the fact that the usual phrasing is "off the top of your head" rather than "by the top of your head", but the meaning was quite clear. Some missions I know very well and can just about close my eyes and play them in my head. A lot of others I have to either load up a save to check and make sure my memory is reliable or check my ever-growing pile of notes!

Nightwalker Help! I need the help of that amazing mind of yours again.

I returned to the ghost of I. Jones and Death took him away, but he left me something called a Tri Water Key. Not having the slightest idea of what to do with this, I jumped into the well near where I was talking to I. Jones. (I did try the key on a frobbable plate near some gates, but it wouldn't open them) So back to jumping into the well. After I drowned a few times I finally found a chamber with a skeleton holding a sword. There was some loot in there, and I think that was where I got the blue pyramid called the Water Key. I jumped back into the water and I found an opening with a gate across the top of it that won't open. There are Zombies up there because I can hear them. Since I couldn't open the gate, I swam on. I came to another way out of the water. In this room there was a frobbable plate that when I put the water key on it the door opened. This led me to an area of the church I hadn't been to before. There were 4 rooms with upside down hammers on them. Oh yeah, I also got another key some where. I went into these 4 rooms and I was given much more Holy Water and some more warnings about the curse. GREAT right? Now What???
    What am I supposed to do next? The only objective not ticked off is the one that says to "Enter the Tunnels Beneath the Old Miner's Village". Is the Old Miner's village the area where I met I. Jones? What tunnels? I'm pretty sure I have to use that blue pyramid key I. Jones gave me, but where do I use it? Where do I even look for a place to use it? And what about putting the 2 stars together, aren't I supposed to do that? I'm stuck, I don't know what to do next.
    (PS. I hope you're still on today. I wanted to finish this mission tonight)

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast