TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Long Finger
    I saw that NightWalker isn't online so I fired up Thief and Making Tracks.

spoiler:
    . I think You are about finised now. Go to the place where you met the ghost of I. Jones. South of there you will find a gate that is not opened yet. Now you can open it. Jump in the hole and...

Good luck

Hey Long Finger,

It doesn't work. I went back down there and there is a set of gates near where I met I. Jones' ghost. There is a frobbable plate next to the gate. I placed the Tri Water Key on it. This is the key that I. Jones gave me before Death took him away, after I did the jobs for him. It's the only thing I have left that hasn't been used other than the 2 Stars. But the gates still don't open. I think I have to do something with the Stars, but I don't know what. So, I still need help.

BANNED
    True, how does Nightwalker do that, she has like a big book of thief or something....
    Post a question and some way she has the answer (even if shes never played that FM before....)

BadArm, IF you get the obj, and I. Jones gives you something,
    spoiler:
    next to the gates in the cavern, (where I. Jones is) theres a plate on a pedestal, use the thing I. Jones gave you on it, and VLWALA! Gate open.

Edit: You dont do anything with the stars, the thing that I Jones gives you is the key to 2 small gates IN the cavern area down near the water.

Well now I duno I believe it. I was putting the Tri Water Key on the plate the wrong way. I was using the "R" key on my keyboard to drop it on. That doesn't work. I had to first bring the Tri Water Key into the middle of the screen using the right mouse button, and then I had to click the right mouse button a 2nd time to place the key on the plate, and then the gates opened. Viola! (phew)

Long Finger
    Bringing the key to the middle of the screen and then ''use it'' on the lock or a door is exactly how you use a key. Dropping it in front of a door will not open that door either. I got confused by that one too a number of times, but it is still logical behaviour being a key.

Clearinghouse

key for cells 1-4

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker
    How to make the cell key -
    spoiler:
    Once you have the Keymaker's Form, take it to the Stamping Machine in the General Office. Put the form on the plate at the top end and a new form appears at the bottom end. Pick it up and go to the Workshop where you'll find the "Item Making Device". "Use" the completed form on the side slot and a door opens to reveal the key for cells 1-4.
    I have Keymaker's Form. Can not do key for cells 1-4!!

clearing, are you playing on Expert? If you are there is one more step to take before you can make the key. You need to acquire 2 signatures on the form. There is a second signature machine upstairs in the Warehouse. Put the form through that, then go back to the stamping machine in the General Office. Run the form through that machine, then take it to the Item Making Device in the Warehouse and you should be able to produce the key.

HELP on Make Tracks

I'm playing the great mission Make Tracks but I can't find the Penticus Star anywhere.
    A cyst should have opened somewhere (according to the ancient papyrus or a scroll) and I can't find that one.

I very much like to play this mission till the end, so can anybody please help me?

Gloria Creep

Hi, Gloria

Did you find the place where you perform the ritual with the 3 heads? If you did, then:
    spoiler:
    after you've done that, just go back out into the hallway and look for a doorway on the right that wasn't there before. The Star is in there.

If you haven't found where to do the Ritual, then:
    spoiler:
    find the Platform, which is marked on your map. Look behind it for a tunnel and follow it to a spot where there's a desk on the left. Jump over the desk and look behind the plants for a small tunnel. Follow it and on the way, in one of the side rooms, pick up the head from a broken statue. At the end, you'll enter a room with 3 pedestals. You should have a golden skull that was in your inventory when you began the mission. Hopefully, you've found "Bizute's Lucky Head", which was in a footlocker in the Barracks, during your explorations. Put one head on each pedestal in this room. You'll know if you've got it in the right place, because a beam of light comes out of it. When all three are in place, there's a small explosion and something appears in the middle of the room. It's just loot, so pick it up, then go look for the room I mentioned above.

thanks Nightwalker, I'll try again. BTW I did find the hall and performed the ritual already.

Gloria Creep

I'm playing making tracks on expert and have completed all my objectives
    execpt finding the plans to the mine. Can anybody help me?

oops I reread all the posts and retraced my steps and achieved my objectives

Making Tracks - Twin Stars

So far I am totally impressed with this FM - very, very good. Feels pretty much like a "real" Thief mission. But I am now stuck, having played all day and completed exactly one of the objectives.

Does anyone know the location of the Twin Stars that I am supposed to take back to the ghost? I've been looking for a long time, now.

So far I have got the Architect's plans for the pump room, and opened the pump room door, I have made the key for the cell block, and I have placed the two suns in the Apex Room. But none of these appear to be getting me anywhere near my goal. So apparently I need the Twin Stars before I can go anywhere else - and as far as I can tell, I've been just about everywhere there is to go so I am starting to wonder what I've missed.

Never Mind - I found it. The only thing I missed in the game was a bit of loot and a map.

What a great FM. Congratulations to the author.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!! Great mission...is there another to follow this one??

The author Belboz was suppose to make a sequel to this one, (god I wanted to play that one, and test it too )

Some Thieves, (if you can believe it) stole his computer, the cops confiscated it, being held as evidence. That was back early December, haven't heard a thing from him since. I do hope he makes it back soon. He has made some kick FM's. Would love to play another one of his gems.

Here is the post about it, http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=10424

Making Tracks key stamping machine

I have not been able to find the stamping machine. I read in one of
    these posts the Hard only had to get the signatures and not the stamp
    on the document. My document has 2 signatures and won't produce a
    key...I've read that the stamping macine is in the General Office...
    what general office in what building and is it true that I shouldn't have
    to get the document stamped to produce the key????

I think you have to get one stamp on Hard and two on Expert. The Office is a building not far from where you started. There's a name plate on the outside of the building and the General office is upstairs. It's labelled too.

Making Tracks building

What name is on the plate on the building, etc. I'm in the building with
    the other machines. What does the stamp machine look like is it on a
    desk?? I know I'm going to feel real stupid when I find this thing and I've
    passed it 50 times. Sorry. BC

Update: I found the room and the machine and I feel better because
    I haven't been here 50 time before...just a few times!
    Thanks for the help.
    BC
    Last edited by coreyb2; 6th Jul 2003 at 22:09.

I'm glad you found it. It's a big mission and it's really easy to get turned around and forget where you saw something. The first time I played it, I was only able to play a little bit at a time and I found myself forgetting all the clues and where things were. It was quite confusing. Great mission, though.

Looking for one of the suns

I have both of the stars, but can't seem to find the rising sun/eastern sun.
    Any clues?
    Have finished the headless ritual.

- mostly

By the way, I love this mission.

It's
    spoiler:
    in a locked footlocker in the Barracks. The key is worn by one of the guards in the control station, that has all the glass windows overlooking the tracks.

The eastern star

Thanks Nightwalker.
    You rule

Just minutes after posting I read the earlier ones more closely & found my answer.
    Just finished the mission. A good one.

- mostly

Ghost

Looking for several things!

[Nightwalker, or anyone else]

There are several things I'm still missing.

1. The second star. I found the Deciduous Star, or whatever it's called (D-something), but I can't find the other one.

I believe I have to perform a ritual to summon it... but I haven't found any masks yet (except some loot masks, which of course I can't place anywhere). I need three: a tree mask, a demon mask, and a beast mask. Kind of stumped where they may be.

Also, can I still do the faceless ritual if I've already done the headless ritual? Do I put the masks on the same pedestals?

I did the headless ritual, but all I got was 100 loot. For which I'm grateful; don't get me wrong. But I need the stupid star!

2. I'd like to make the cell key. I need the second signature.

Nightwalker wrote earlier:

clearing, are you playing on Expert? If you are there is one more step to take before you can make the key. You need to acquire 2 signatures on the form. There is a second signature machine upstairs in the Warehouse. Put the form through that, then go back to the stamping machine in the General Office. Run the form through that machine, then take it to the Item Making Device in the Warehouse and you should be able to produce the key.
    I don't know what "upstairs in the Warehouse" means. I have looked through Smythe's Warehouse (I'm at the docks, looking due east at Smythe's Warehouse), the gem warehouse, and everything else that looks warehousey, but I have not found any second-signature machine. (I did find the stamping machine in the office, but I need to do this first.)

Can you give me more specific directions?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Dafydd

Also, can I still do the faceless ritual if I've already done the headless ritual? Do I put the masks on the same pedestals?

I did the headless ritual, but all I got was 100 loot. For which I'm grateful; don't get me wrong. But I need the stupid star!
    spoiler:
    you only do the one ritual with the heads. The texts are a little misleading and make it sound like you need to do something with masks, but you don't. After the loot appeared, another door opened out in the hallway. You probably just didn't notice it. You'll find what you need inside that room.

As for the second signature, I think that post I wrote was misleading.
    spoiler:
    The machine is in the Workshop, which I believe is marked on the map. (I hope that's right, because I haven't played this one in a long time.) I think the door into the Workshop is near the Platform, though again, I'm not sure.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast