TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: TTGM 4: Making Tracks (2/4/2002)

Ghost

Star

[Nightwalker]

I did notice the door; there was what appeared to be a star-shaped slot... but I didn't see any star. Is there a star in there?

By "Workshop," you mean the engine workshop where the Making machine is? The second-signature machine is upstairs in that same building?

All right, I'll go back and check again.

Thanks,

Dafydd

Ghost

Finished it.

[Nightwalker]

I mostly ghosted it:

spoiler:
    There appears to be no way to climb into the well in the Old Miner city without alarming the servant-spider. Other than getting him to yell "help, help!", I ghosted the rest of it.

Final stats (for what they're worth): loot, 5843 out of 6403; I had to pass up some loot in the crypt, because there was no way to get to it without alarming the zombies... but I'm 560 short, and I don't know where the rest is.

Pockets (keys) picked: 12 out of 13. Is that all of them, due to the T2 bug?

Locks picked: 21

Time: 9:17:54 (another really long one)

I did make the key, go through Indy's escape hole, get the optional objective, do the water thingie (just another way down to the Old Miner city, I think -- no extra loot, since I'd already looted it). I don't think I missed any of the cool stuff, but I have no idea where the extra loot lies!

Great mission; I really enjoyed this one (and the previous one; I haven't played Errand Boy, only Garrett's Revenge, which I didn't particularly like; but I know EB has significant improvements, so I'll withhold judgment until I actually play it.

Alas, this one too sort of ends in the middle, floating down a waterfall. Can't someone extract Belboz's computer from the iron grip of the coppers?

Dafydd

I too miss Belboz, he was one of my favorite FM creators. I sent him an email from his last known email address, no response. *sigh* Hopefully someday he will return, maybe when T3 hits.

This is one of the greatest missions i have played, definetly in my top 5. I also played the first parts, but this one is the best until now.

Only a little bit disapointing in the end, but i think this is because it's a sequel?

I also read something about Belboz not being around anymore? Is this true, it wouldt be a great loss.

Thanx for a lot of great fun

Making Tracks Expert

How do I get in the well in the crypt? I found a key in the priest's quarters, but it doesn't seem to work.

You're probably missing a key. There's
    spoiler:
    a key labeled "Well Key" in one of the lower floor rooms in the same building as the church. It's a slightly bigger, fancier bedroom than the others. The key should be in there.

Thanks. The well key I have is rather plain and I got it in an upstairs room. I'll check around.

I meant downstairs as in "not up on the balcony where the priest's room is". I hope I didn't confuse you. If it's labelled "well key" then it's the right one. I seem to remember the distance being a bit tricky to get that key to work to unlock the grate. Try moving back or forwards a bit and trying again. If you can't get in, don't worry about it. In this mission there's always more than one way to get to where you're going so just keep exploring. You'll find another way into that area.

I did get it to work--I wasn't trying in the right spot, too worried about the zombies, I guess. In the meantime I found two other ways in and came back a third way. I missed the key that was dropped and had to return to the miner's village to get it.

Totally Lost in Making Tracks

I'm really frustrated in this one. I have both stars and the key to the prison cells but I can't find the prison. I've found it in Dromed but that didn't help. Playing on expert.

Pls help.

The door into that is pretty easy to overlook. There's a door from the Gem Warehouse that opens out onto the tracks. Turn west and walk all the way along the walkway beside the cars to the far end. Across from the end of the platform is the glassed in control room for the tracks. Jump down and cross the tracks to your right and there's a door into a building with a bit bot patrolling. Go the ramp to the left and turn left. Continue up the stairs to the first landing. Go past the Apex Room door, the Water Retention Control door and you should end up at the Prison.

this is a fantastic mission.
    Belboz is a very professional dromeders !

I've always loved Belboz's missions. I just think they provide excellent gameplay value. The whole series has been fantastic -- in fact, I recon I'll go right now and start re-playing the whole series

Stuck Again!

Thanx NW. I had already been there and had forgotten.

But... I am now stuck again. I in fact only have one star the Star of Dacorius (I think). Where is the other.

Thanx

Im in the same fix. I have placed the suns in position in the apex room, but i have to please the little ghost in order to get the key. I have only the one star, I've been over and over my previous tracks but can't find the other one.

Welcome to the forum, helix!

The Star of Penticus is
    spoiler:
    in an area behind the Platform, which is marked on your map. Walk around behind it and into a tunnel. You'll come to a spot where there's a desk on the left. Look for an opening hidden behind some plants by the desk. Once you're in there, you have to perform a ritual in the last room. (You've probably found instructions on how to do it.) After it's done, go back outside that room and look for a small doorway that wasn't there before. You'll find the Star on the wall.

Thanks mate -I was running around like a desperate burrick trying to find that star.

Cheers!!!

=HeLiX=

Still lost!

I've now found the room where u need to perform the ritual. I've guessed at what needs doing and put the hammerite head on one dais, the iron ore on another and the golden skull on another. Nothing seems to have happened?

Am I warm??????

You need a stone head,
    not a piece of ore,
    It's much closer than you think -
    I'll say ne more!

Good Luck!

=HeLiX=

Phillys,I'm currently betatesting belboz's sequal to making tracks you guys are gonna love it It's Top Notch .
    Add me as a friend on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/shanemullan
    Karras (Rust In Peace)

Making Tracks, Apex Room Help

Hey Taffers,

I need a hint: I cannot open the Apex Room. Where is the key?

Evidently, I missed something bloody obvious earlier on, because it seems like all the other posts are about what happens *after* you get into the Apex room, and I have most of the items mentioned in those posts.

Spoil me

Regards,
    Immortelle

Welcome to the forum!

Apex room key:
    spoiler:
    Have you been to see I. Jones, in the Old Miners' Town? He should speak to you and then the Apex Room key and a map appear on the floor beside him. Perhaps you just didn't notice them.

Many Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the hint.

Just when you think you've been *everywhere*....

Anyway, I finished. Making Tracks made my top 10 FM list.

Regards,
    Immortelle

welcome to the Forums! Making Tracks is also one of my favorites

did you know its part of a FM Series called The Trickster's Gem Mine (TTGM) campaign?

i suggest you play the whole series in order here there are:

Errand Boy
    Shore Leave/Up Sh*t Creek
    Making Tracks
    The Trickster's Rift/ElseWhere (Paralex Paradox)
    Chasm of the Lost Pt1/Pt2
    belboz, the author of the TTGM FM's also remade a version of "A Keepers Training" but it has A LOT more to it, it's also quite fun, it was released right before The Trickster's Rift, but it actually would go before Errand Boy

Next in the series (not yet released)

Strange Happenings At Breachfort
    THe Factory
    The Metal Tower
    Brother Squeeze

Have fun and if you get stuck, just ask, I'm always replaying these missions
    So you just sit there, stuck, afraid to face reality,
    Afraid to cause yourself more pain to face insanity,
    But nothing ventured, nothing gained..
    Ra - "Do You Call My Name"

I saw the latest missions in the series being released - so I went back to the beginning. I working through Making Tracks now - I found the good Dr Jones, but by the time I got to him, I was already almost dead. Now Im being a bit more careful, and might just manage to meet him again.

These missions are huge! Lots of space to explore, and very thiefy. With the rest of the series to play, and more in the pipeline, this could keep me going for the rest of the year.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast