TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: snatch and grab v3

snatch and grab v3

Hi Nightwalker or whoever can help. What do I do with all this dynamite? Is there a specific place it should be put? Do I have to make 10 separate trips to different locals with it? HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!! Spoiler or whatever.

I presume you're down in the area with all the zombies?? You don't have to use all of it, so don't panic. Just take one or two over to the rock walls at the ends of two passageways opposite the building. Put a couple of blasting caps on top of them, then go back and push in the number that was on the shelf. Everything goes boom and the rock walls disappear. Behind one is a secret area, behind another, the way out.

I'm stuck!

I don't mean to appear ignorant but I am stuck here. I went everywhere I could before descending on the elevator but even before arriving down here, all I found was a single blasting cap (I think that's what it is) and that's it. I have no key to the room with the kegs. I have no key to the sewer or a way to get there. I have no number mentioned in the scroll in the keg room. I have not a clue as to the water and fire things mentioned in other posts. I am at a loss. At this point a really good spoiler to get me headed in the right direction would be most appreciated. Thanks.
    *C*

You only have one blasting rod? Did you go up into the attic in the building where you got on the elevator? I seem to remember having more than that. The numbers
    spoiler:
    are right on the shelf underneath each explosive barrel. Just make note of which ones you take.But first you need to get in there. I seem to remember that the corpse sitting in the outer room was wearing the key.

You wont' find your way to the sewer until
    spoiler:
    you've blown up some rocks. There are two places you can blow up. One leads to a secret area and the other leads to a way up to the sewers.

Thank you

Thanks so much for the help. My problem now is that I don't know where to place the blasting kegs so I can blow up some of the rock. I have placed them on the wall with the two openings that look into individual chambers with coffins in them. I have placed them ON the coffins that are sticking out of the rock. Neither of these worked. Could you tell me exactly where I'm supposed to blast? I'd appreciate it.

*C*

spoiler:
    If you blasted your way into the cave with the coffins, then there are no more explosives required in that particular cave. To get the secret in there, you have to use some arrows on certain items. To find the sewer entrance, you have to go out of the cave with the coffins and the zombies, turn left and go through to the next cave. There's another rock wall there that you need to blow up and the ladder to the sewers is down at the far end.

I feel SOOOOOOOO dumb!

Nightwalker, thanks so much for your wonderful help. I'm sorry to keep asking questions about this mission but...

I emerged from the sewers and now I have a new objective--get the ring! I have been everywhere in this mission and I don't see a church anywhere! The objectives at the beginning of the mission specifically stated that the ring would be in the church. But I can't find a church. I don't even see anything that looks like a church. Have I missed something glaring? I feel woefully inadequate. (Don't remember what that's a quote from but I always liked it and told myself I'd use it if the situation ever arose--and the situation is upon me now!) Any help, yes, once again, would be appreciated.

*C*

There's another exit from the sewers that leads into another part of town. That's where you'll find the ring. Don't worry about asking questions, it just gives me something to do!

OK. By now I feel like a complete moron. I am in the church. I have eliminated the two guards and I CANNOT find the ring! I have been up the stairs and walked out on the catwalk by the bell but no ring. I have looked on the two pedestals and no ring. I have looked for a secret panel where it might be hidden and have found nothing. Where is it? I'm begging here. I even searched the bedroom outside the church and nothing. I will be so glad when I finally finish this one. It's become a quest now.

*C*

The ring is already in place for the weding, look for an altar with seats and a couple of guards, might have to make a dash for it (I did), since it's pretty light out.

Blasting caps, eh? I actually skipped that part myself... actually found a use for those flares

I didn't see any ring ready for the wedding. I have looked throughly on the altar and all that's there are 5 candles. There are two pedestals at the rear of the church and one of them has an urn on it which I took. But apart from the candles, there is no ring anywhere in the church. I don't get it.

*C*

That's very strange, because MechLean is right, that's where the ring should be on the altar. You have to look VERY closely because, if I remember correctly, it's very small.

i found the ring next to a light switch..try look there

The ring location changes with what difficulty level on are on.

Long, long ago in a...

Have been playing some older FM's that I missed first time around. Very much enjoyed this, but I was wondering if anyone can remember where the 2nd secret is (played on Hard). Found
    spoiler:
    the one in the crypt which required water & fire,
    , but no idea of the other one.

Sorry to beat up your memories like this

Enter the Mining Offices and look for a coat hook in the left room. That opens a hidden compartment in the office floor beside the desk.

Can't think how I missed that!
    Thank-You yet again, Nightwalker

How do I explode blasting rods???????

From what I can recall there's a detonation room filled with kegs of explosives. There's a code for each barrel that you enter in a machine to make it blow up so you put the keg where you want it, place a blasting rod on top of it then go back to the detonation room and enter the appropriate code.

Another question:

In the town part, there's a balcony with a burning torch and -I presume - a door. Is there a way to get up there or is it just for show?
    (It's the balcony in the SE of the map, right where you start - not the one near the guards' sleeping quarters)

Quote Originally Posted by Meisterdieb View Post
    Another question:

In the town part, there's a balcony with a burning torch and -I presume - a door. Is there a way to get up there or is it just for show?
    (It's the balcony in the SE of the map, right where you start - not the one near the guards' sleeping quarters)
    This mission desperately needs rope arrows. Clearly one is supposed to get up there. There is an archer patroling up there.
    Last edited by bedwine; 10th Aug 2009 at 23:08. Reason: spelling

any loot list here? Or at list some of the hard to find loot?

I got about 2600 from about 2800 possible...

I didn't venture into the area with a high density of guards. Seemed to me to crowded there

I've never made a loot list but I have an old walkthrough that lists all the loot. If you'd like it, just email me.