TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Virtual Asylum, help I'm stuck!!!

Virtual Asylum, help I'm stuck!!!

I am stuck at the part of Virtual Asylum where the fire arrows are continously flying in the small wooden tunnel. I have tried to run down the tunnel behind a fire arrow but it seems to be a dead end. Anyone out there that has figured this out? Thanks SMW357mia@aol.com

I would help but I didn't get that far! I can't get past the two guards guarding the portcullis at the bottom of the wooden staircase. There is a big lever but this doesn't open the portcullis. Help anyone?

What is a portcullis?

Give me more of a description, maybe I can help you. I am at the area past the preying mantis monster.

The lever opens another door... If you go back to the previous room..well, it's outdoors I think, but you know what I mean (the section with the stairs, a fountain, and a wooden walkway) you can jump up on the railing and walk across to the new opening in the wall.. Then follow the corridor, and you'll come back out to the opening overlooking the lever and the 2 guards... Standing at the edge of the opening and facing the gate, look on the right wall for a button that opens the gate....

Thanks. I will try lunchtime.

Boy, am I jealous. I can't even get that far. I am stuck in the courtyard with the guard on the wooden deck upstairs by the doors and the servant who walks down the steps to the well and returns upstairs by the guard. I've tried putting out all the torches, looked for a secret door or something, all to no avail. Can anyone offer some assistance? By the way, I still only have water arrows. Should I have found something else by now?

There's a door behind the guard.. Put out the torches and then make your way up the stairs and across the wooden deck.. Be careful not to let the servant see you as he passes by... Just make your way across the deck, sneak behind the guard, and open the door.. You'll end up at the room with 2 guards and a lever, where you'll probably need help again..it's a stumper...so see the questions/replies at the beginning of this post if you have trouble...

Thanks. I made it! I can't tell you how often I tried sneaking by that guard on the balcony. I made it to the room with the lever and am now back trying to climb up on the railing to get to the opening. It sure is hard in the dark! TTYL

Well, I am to the burricks after crossing the room with all the pipes and picking up the rope arrows. I have tried jumping across the space from the end of the ramp to the far door with no luck. Am I on the right track or is there another way?

Other than the water arrows, flash bomb, and rope arrows, was there anything else I should have picked up along the way?
    Last edited by Spanky; 30th May 2002 at 17:00.

End of Virtual Asylum

Here I am again, adding to a long-forgotten thread. My question is in regard to the very end of the mission. I have even completed the mission by grabbing ol' Thumper out of the chest, but there is one thing I have been unable to access.

Here goes: Across from the double gates that contain the final room with a bunch of boxes, there is a door. There are two guards in this last puzzle: One is in the crate room with the chest containing thumper, and the other walks around and his path takes him into the room I am referring to. Just to be sure, the door to this room is between the two enormous generators against the back wall of this larger room. Okay? Okay. In this room there is a table with a strange box on it. The door to this strange box is a miniature sewer door. You know, the hexagonally shaped door that usually open up into a sewer of sorts. Well, this little strange box is locked and I can't find any way to open it. I've tried the only key on the level that I was able to find. I tried roping onto the tops of the stacks of boxes in the crate room across the way from this room. Still, nothing. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. Has anyone been able to access this little box? I'm dying to know what's inside. My best guess right now is that it might be the sword and simply another way to finish the mission. Oh, and neither of the two guards in this room appeared to have a key on him. I killed them easily by letting them chase me into the water and then climbing in and out as they drowned trying to catch up with me.

As usual, I've probably given far too much explanation, but I hate to leave anything unclear. Thanks for any help.

spoiler:
    I don't where to go now. I have been in all the four rooms at the start and opened the gate at the top of the main stairs and robbed the room with what looks like a swimming pool below it. What do I do now? I believe I need to put a torch out somewhere but still have no water arrows and I still haven't come across any pressure plate or secret button. Help!!!