TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oblivion T1 1999.09.17

Oblivion T1 1999.09.17

I have read previous threads but am a little confused. I am attempting the trial with the skulls and the pressure plates in expert. Am I wasting my time because I read that the door won't open? Is it pointless playing in expert?

You can complete that Trial, but the mission itself won't end on Expert. I'm not sure about the other difficulty settings, as I've never tried them.

If you can't figure out Trial 3, look here:
    spoiler:
    Enter the room but don't step on any of the pressure plates that you can see on the floor by the pedestals. Mantle up onto one and move to the center pedestal, which holds 4 skulls. Toss the skulls off to the side of the room, jump over to one of the outside pedestals and down on the floor, again avoiding the pressure plates. Put a skull on each of the outside pedestals. Three of them depress with only one skull. One doesn't. Look by the exit gate and you'll see another skull. Put it on the pedestal that didn't depress, so it now has 2 skulls. It will go down now and the gate will open.

Thanks Nightwalker, it finally worked after a litle messing around and the portcullis finally disappearing altogether. I now cannot access Trial 4. There is a note that mentions the "meeting room". Where is that? There are also a myriad of locked doors. Any thoughts?

The key to Trial #4 is in the Abbott's room and the key for that is worn by one of the mages in the Communion Room. I don't remember which doors I got open and which I didn't, I'm afraid. If you can be specific, I could go back in and look. It's a pretty confusing level, so it's hard to keep straight.

Sorry NW, I should have checked my facts before annoying you (again)!

I haven't found the communion switch (the door to that room is locked) or the Abbot's Sitting Room mentioned in the scroll. There are still a few locked doors that escape me. Can you assist?

No need to apologize, Phillys! I'm not in the least annoyed!

Some of the doors open with hidden buttons, but they're all over the place. In one of the rooms there is a scroll listing the rooms where you'll find the buttons. It says the Repentance switch is in the Skull Keepers room, the Library switch is in Brother Ripkin's room, the Communion Switch is in the Abbott's Sitting room (the bedroom is the room you need a key for in here). It also says that the Scepter gate opens with the four trials switches, the Grotto Gate opens with the Builder's Sceptre and the Gates to the four Trials open with keys held by the Patron Priests. Another scroll says he lost the key to the Skulls Trial room in the Repentance Holding cells. The buttons are hidden in fireplaces or behind/under things, as usual in the rooms mentioned. Does that help?

Thanks.....but where is the Abbot's Sitting room?

This mission is a real maze, isn't it? Lets start from the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the room with the big statue with the bell over its head. That's easy to find. Walk ahead from the bottom of the stairs, so that you're facing the windows and through them you can see that huge skull across the way. Turn left, go to the end of the hall and turn left again, go down to the end and turn right. The Abbott's sitting room is the first door on your left.

Thanks Nightwalker, I have now got past trial 4 (with your assistance) but guess what....I'm stuck again!

I'm in the catacombs and have found and pressed four switches. What next? How do I exit the catacombs? Thanks as usual.

Go back out to the room where you got the sceptre and mantle up onto the railing and from there, back up to the top.

How to get in?

Either I am really slow (which I probably am) or I can't find an entrance...

Before enterting the chapel/building, I have to find a way in.

I see a waterfall to the left, which I can probably jump onto. There is a stalagmite (or stalactite) with a little ledge cut into it.

I have tried jumping to that.

I can see in the chapel, possibly for a button/switch to shoot at, but nothing...

Go easy on me if it is more simple than I thought....

Thanks!

The beginning of this mission is just a sample of what you'll find in the rest.
    spoiler:
    Go back and look in the water under the stone walkway right near where you started. (Across from the skeleton.) There's a hole you can swim through.

one of the trials is "out of order" how can i get in, i ended all teh other trials cause im playing on normal. please help me!

----edit

Ok forget my question, so i found the scepter, and i found the hidden exit of the throneroom, but what i m not found is the way back/up to the temple i found some switches but, there is nothing on go if i pushed them!
    Last edited by flying_hope; 11th Jan 2004 at 21:57.

Hit the switches and go back upstairs

I am totally confused. I am doing a mission titled Oblivion where the goals are to find a chisel, get $650 loot and escape through the Oblivion Gate. I am short about $30 and was wondering if I missed loot in the beginning before I had to walk through a night sky to get to another door because now I can't get back into that first area again.
    Reading the messages here for "Oblivion" everyone is talking about trials and a totally different scenario from what I have in the mission I am playing titled Oblivion. What gives?

Bummer! Never mind. I surely AM confused. Playing the Tower of Illusion not Oblivion.
    In that case, does anyone remember where there might be a small stash of loot well hidden that I have missed somewhere?

How to get the scepter ?

Hi guys,

yeah i know this post is dating from 2004

i'm actually stuck in the room with the holy water fountain and i don't know what to do, anyone can help ?

d. 2014
    i played this a few weeks ago,i have the scepter,how, can i get off that ladder without falling,its to one side of the opening i tried jumping but fall down,could someone help,

I know I must have been able to get out of that area in the past but I just tried and I can't get off of that ladder either. I just found an old post here that says this is a known bug. That on some computers, the ladder is off to the side which makes it nearly impossible to finish the mission.
    edit: Yes, that's definitely a bug. I found this post by writchards that confirms it.

Apiai, I just don't remember the mission well enough to know what you need to do next though I do have a very old walkthrough that someone else wrote. I can send you that. It might help. If you'd like it, email me.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 1st Nov 2012 at 11:28.

Thanks for replying guys, but i've abandoned to finish this mission, i've seen with french players that the 2 doors next to the foutain should be open after pushing the button at the entrance or by clicking on the foutain.
    May be i'll try to play it again one day.

Trail 3

I don't know if many people play this older fm these days but I was wondering if I could get help with it. I am stuck at Trial 3. I have the key and went down the hall but was confronted with only a brick wall. I can sorta walk through said wall on the right side and see a archway leading into a room with skulls and tile floor and what not but can't pass through this wall into said room. I am wondering if this is a bug or glich caused by patch 1.19 cause I have found nobody else having issues with a wall.

I really can't remember the details of this mission as it's been years since I've played it but this is what I've got in my notes about Trial 3:
    Trial 3: this is the skull room. Enter the room, the door will close behind you. There are four .plates near the pedestal walk carefully to the exit port and get the skull on the floor. Place it on the NW pedestal, now QS here!!! Quickly place a skull on each of the Plates, the NW pedestal should have 2 skulls on it, this should open the port and reverse the ceiling. Exit into the bedroom with the skeleton on the desk, get potion and read scroll.
    When done return into the trials entrances.

I think it would be a really good idea to have two Thief installs. One that's the original game and then an updated one for the newer missions. It would save running into issues and I don't think anyone knows exactly what might crop up, especially with these really old missions, when trying to play them with NewDark.

It's gotta be the new patch 1.19 because I have looked all over and nobody has the same problem. I see people actually having problems with the skull room itself. but I am LITERALLY hitting a brick wall that is blocking the archway into the skull room. Like I said before I can kinda sorta noclip through one corner of this wall and see the skull room just the other side, but can't pass through it.

Yes, it is. I loaded it up with the NewDark version and ran into the same wall. Loaded it up in the original game and there's a doorway in that wall.

If you'll read the two posts above yours, you'll see that there is a bug with that when you play with NewDark. You really should have an install that isn't updated to NewDark to use for the old FMs to avoid running into this sort of thing and save NewDark for the newer missions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast