TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 47 1234561116212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Are You?

Who Are You?

Let's see who it is that likes Thief. Let me start. Of course, you don't have to reply if you're not comfortable. Just post like me.

My real name is Don Adam. Married. 3 children. 39 years old. Favourite mission:LOTP

And WHO ARE YOU?

Well actually I'm your worst f-----g nightmare (just kidding) No really my name is Scott and I play guitar and sing for a living. It's not much of a living but it beats having a real job. I like chess better than thief but not by much. The only other computer games that intrest me are the Need For Speed racing games for PC. I'm also playing the voice of Garrett and others in a soon to be released fan mission. Just finished the alpha today and it is way cool. Could say more about the mission but won't. Not sure if I have permission from the author/creator so better play it safe.

Welcome to the forum you Taffer!

Mission faves Assassins, RTC ....Ambushed, LOTP, Soulforge

Fave FM's CC / CL / Equalibrium / 7th crystal / Mystery Man / Death of Garrett / Lord Edmund / The Vigil / there are others but these jump to mind as good or better than any of the original T1 T2 missions.

My name is Sarah and I'm in high school.
    I'm 16, and I like philosophy and maths.

I can't choose one OM as a favourite, but for FMs, I like Ruins of Originia, Equilibrium, The Inverted Manse, TTGM and Swamped. There are many others, but they don't jump to mind instantly.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Names Sharga
    Ok, not really.

Real name is Aaron, I'm 18 and I'm just about to graduate (thank God). Then I'll be attending an Art Institute college to study computer animation.

Don't have a job now but I have had one and will get another this summer.

I like many of the OMs, especially Bonehoard, The Sword, MOC, Trail of Blood, and Soulforge

As far as FMs I like the same ones everyone else likes. My favorite thief 1 FM is Mystery Man, probably because I helped out in it a little and knew the maker pretty well. There are too many good thief2 FMs to have a favorite.

Name..well hum..I guess it you really must know, it's
    spoiler:
    Apache..LOL made ya look.
    . Married 3 yrs with 2 boys..I work 7 days a week at 2 different jobs..
    I find playing Thief helps me relax. Other Fav game is currently Hunting Unlimited. FAV OM T1 is Undercover FAV OM T2..don't really have one. Off the top of my head I can't think of a fav FM..Sorry
    The Miracle of Modern Pharmaceuticals.
    Gotta love them.

well lets see....

My name is Garrett and i am a Thief!
    I have been stealing from the rich and givin to Poor OLE' ME!

SO, no imposters are allowed to give away any trade secrets cause this musician is playin the art of thievery and i make a darn good livin at it!

Please feel free to compete with me from the rooftops and stay away from the street lights. less don't fall into the sewers even tho sometimes this job can reak of success!

watch out for the hammers too cuz their books are really mesmerizing....

Ok.. ok.. SO i am little out of control and just love this game of thieving even though it would be nice if the people i meet here in the streets would have lips that move with their words=) Ha HA

I have my own business in the internet age and work with cgi and html and make a living at it.

I am between the age of 18 and 45 but cant remember exactly how old i am cuz of time travel and oh.. I am missing one eye!

Plus, i have one child asking,"Where i met his mom?"

Damn, doesn't that sound like the garrett you expect=)
    Last edited by dealasteal; 21st Oct 2003 at 01:19.

My rl name is Andy and I'm 32. I'm unmarried but have lived with my partner, Sarah, for 7 years and we have a 5 year old son, David.

I work for the civil service, but I am a full time Trade Union representative.

I spend a lot of free time gaming and although my favourite game is thief (1 and 2) I'm a big fan of rpgs and fps (currently playing dungeon siege).

My favourite movies are Bladerunner (Director's cut) and Jesus of Montreal.

For thief OMs, I would have to say The Sword (T1) and Life of the Party (T2).

Favourite FMs would be Hush... Hush, sweet harlot and Trial by Night (T1) and T7C and CL (T2). The problem with choosing a favourite fM is that there are so many good ones, but these are the ones I have been drawn to play again and again.
    Last edited by Taliesin; 6th May 2002 at 06:22.
    My first fanfic: The Black Heart of Winter : available for download at http://www.thief-thecircle.com/

...are you...are you...are you...

Roger Daltrey's stuck in my skull now...thanks a lot!

Me? My real name is unimportant now...when you're all in chains, powering the giant grinding wheels with your own sweat, blood and bitter tears for my own amusement, you'll figure it out on your own.

Okay: I'm the level reviewer of Half-Life and OpFor maps and mods for Hangar 16 , the only real site dedicated to SP Half-Life. Actually, I think we're the only site left for SP HL...everyone else seems to have left the party. Losers! Just because a game is over three years old...

What else? Uh...I have no life, I'm single, I dropped out of college a few years ago (major: English) (YOU try keeping up with college costs and taking care of a terminally ill grandparent...we'll see how well you do, Mister or Missus Smarty-Pants!) and never went back, and I once shot a Munchkin in the Emerald City, just to watch him die. When I hear that Horse of Another Color trottin', I just hang my head down and cry. Play it, Johnny!

[guitar solo]

And...uh...oh! I mainly play FPS games, but fall asleep playing the Quake series. Right now, I mostly switch between the Thief series and the Half-Life family of releases, and I refuse to consider multiplayer...I have very little time or patience for online play, so I stay with the SP side of things.

Favorite OMs: Return to the Cathedral (T1), and Life of the Party (T2)

Favorite FMs: Now that wouldn't be fair would it? Any FM that is beautifully-detailed and -- most importantly -- fun.
    Last edited by Silver Sorrow; 6th May 2002 at 11:26.

Well, there's not much to tell about me, contrary to what I heard a person say once in my class. She said that there should be a book about everyone coz everyone has a life. I don't comment that, just wanted a nice beginning

Anyway, I'm 17, will turn 18 this year, and begin my third and last (god bless) year in highschool after my summer break. I don't have any specific plans for the future but I guess I'll be going to University.

I've always liked to play a variety of games during the years but nowadays I've had my hands full doing homework, reading for exams, and spending time elsewhere.
    I must confess I've always liked creating stuff more than playing with what I've made or someone else has but I always try to. There are many good things to learn from others.
    I really like to write and, naturally, design maps and all kinds of other things. Almost everything I create I love...almost
    I've just contributed one FM to this community but maybe someday...anyway, that's irrelevant

Actually this didn't reveal anything about me but you maybe got somewhat of a bad review.
    I'm currently single but maybe someday...sorry irrelevant again

This's a great community, all though I don't always agree with some opinions. I guess I'm a rebel now and then.

And by the way, My names Erik
    Cheers!

Originally posted by Hidden in shadows
    and begin my third and last (god bless) year in highschool

I've had my hands full doing homework, reading for exams, and spending time elsewhere.
    We have much in common.

Taking a break

My real name is John, I'm 26 and I work in retail sales.
    I have a 4yr degree in General Studies. My hobbies are
    martial arts (love UFC and other Mixed Martial arts events)
    , reading about history, and of course PLAYING THIEF CONSTANTLY!

I have been playing first person shooters for years, starting with
    Wolf 3d in my senior year of high school. Ive played all of the doom
    and quake series, unreal(gold and tournament), terminator future shock\skynet,
    no one lives forever, strife, blood 1&2, half life series, duke 3d, serious sam 1&2, AVP 1&2 and many many more!

However, since I first played the thief 1 demo two years ago, one of the
    thief series has always been on my hard drive ever since. Thief is just
    so immersive as compared to other games, and I always have a soft
    spot in my heart for an anti-hero character. Playing Garrett and wacking
    dumb guards with a blackjack just brings a smile to my face, not to mention
    I kinda feel like indiana jones as I make my way through some of the haunted levels.
    Another reason why Thief is so special is the stealth factor which is in sharp
    contrast to your average FPS kill-fest.

My favorite original missions are:
    Cragscleft Prision, The Haunted Cathedral, Evesdropping, Blackmail, Markam's Isle

My favorite Fan Missions:
    Calendra's Legacy(Love the Keeper compound!)
    7th crystal
    Hidden Agenda
    Inverted Manse
    Lorgans Web
    Calendra's Cistern
    Willow Island

Great fan missions for other games are rare, but in Thief the problem is which
    to play first! Many thanks to all of the great designers out there!

Well, seeing as how my full bio is scattered across about half a dozen band websites and I think my label website too, I might as well answer the question..heh

My name is Josh... I'm a 24 year old musician/artist... In my spare time, I'm also a published writer (mostly poetry), filmmaker, etc...your general all-around artist I guess..heh I also have a BA in computer science with a concentration in music and a minor in spanish... Oh, and in case you're interested, my nick here, fornever, is actually the name of my main musical solo project of 7 years and somewhere around a dozen albums...

And favorite Thief Missions:
    OMs: The Haunted Cathedral and Return to the Cathedral
    FMs: Ranstall Keep and Shunned
    Can you tell I'm into horror?

So that about does it...

Who indeed?

My name is Jason Sinclair, and I'm a writer out in California. Since writing pays very little, my day job is usally contract web work, tech writing, or QA.

I also run a small press paper-space role-playing game company called Belfry Games. We should have a few products out next year.

Currently, I'm pounding out a mystery novel set in Elizabethan England. The protagonist is, of course, a thief.

My favorite OM, for Thief 1 has to be The Bonehoard, The Haunted Cathedral, and The Thieves Guild. For Thief 2, it has to be Life of the Party (of course), and Framed.

I like so many of the FM's, I couldn't begin to decide. However, I really liked the following:

Raid on Washout Central (I *loved* this one)
    Autumn in the Lampfire Hills
    The Inverted Manse
    Belboz's TTGM series (Errand Boy, Up Shit Creek, etc)
    Both of the Calendra's
    The Ties That Bind (I laughed pretty hard during this one)
    The Vigil
    The Ritual
    The Varynx Obelisk

Your turn...

I'm Mike Eyre, 34(old git) , I'm married to Rebekah (8 years) and we have a son Samuel (7).
    I too like Thief, Fav OM = LotP. I'm a house husband (Harder work than working full-time I can tell you ) My wife goes out to work as she was luckier than me
    I like this place too talking to you guys

In RL I just started a new hobby keeping KOI carp.
    I have the Builders patience on my side!
    Author of Thief2 Objects List v1, 2 & 3, Thief Book Wizard, Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co author Mixed Messages

My name's Linda, which quite a few of you already know, and I'm turning 50 this summer.

I have two grown children, ages 25 and 28, and for most of my life, I've been a housewife, except for 8 years when I was a nanny/housekeeper for some very nice people. That's is why I have SOOOO much time to spend making sure you lot behave yourselves!

I live in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada on the shores of Lake Superior and I love to play Thief, read, garden and look after my 4 cats. I have 2 Himalayan's named KoKo and Mocha, a Persian named Tasha and a grey and white tabby named Noelle.

My favourite OM's are Return to the Cathedral in T1 and LotP in T2.

I couldn't possible pick a favourite FM! My list changes daily and is HUGE! Some of my favourites include CC and CL (of course), A Smuggler's Request, The Art of Thievery, Hidden Agenda, Mystery Man, Events in Highrock and The Order of the Vine, but there are many, many more that I love.

I'm Ninett, 18 year old female from Oslo, Norway, and to quote my favorite movie "I like girls.... a LOT!"
    I've got 3 ferrets, 1 cat, a parrot and a budgie. I like computer games, Celtic music, and movies!
    My favorite OM is...... umm... I have no idea....

My favorite FM is "The ORder OF The Vine"! Yay!

And my favorite Moderator is Nightwalker! Yay!
    Go easy on me, I'm a girl :oP

I'm Stefano, here in Italy (or "Steve" in english, or "Esteban" in spanish, or "Stephanos" in greek, or "Etienne" in France, or "Mohammed" in arab......and so on ).
    I live in Vicenza...a city near Venezia (Venice)
    I'm 32, and now, after college, I'm working as medic (as my wife, Laura)
    My nick is Niner because I love the Nine Inch Nails and Trent Raznor.
    My hobbies are Battletech/Mechwarrior (since 1988) and Thief.

I must tell that, for me, Thief was a thunder in my heart.
    Many years ago, when I saw its preview, I understood that, finally, I have found what I looked for so many times.
    Story, exploration, fear, middle age, intelligence.... well ...what else I could wish more?!?!?!??!

So when Thief 1 was out, I bought it and imported from USA....even if in this I had to pay it 75 $. (I HAD TO do it.....I COULD NOT wait the Italian box for 2 months again).

I may not to explain my happyness when I found thief-circle and the FM.

Gone, but never forgotten
    My name is Joelle, I will have 51 years this summer.

I am useful myself of an automatic translator because I do not speak English.

I live the North of France.

I have 2 girls of 20 and 30 years and 3 grandchildren: Quentin: 6 years, ChloŽ: 3 years and Thomas: 1 month.

I am with the retirement, which leaves me much time to play.

My real name is Mike, I'm 20 yrs old, I'm in college majoring in statistics (and I'm currently posting on these forums like crazy to help relieve the stress of exams). My favorite OM's are RTC, Escape, and LotP. My favorite FM's are Calendra's Legacy, Inverted Manse, and Equilibrium

Hi my real name is Barbara. I have been told it means barbarian woman so that's good for Thief but on the other hand someone said it means talks a lot and to strangers. I guess that really fits better. I haven't posted here much but this is a nice forum and the best if you need help with any Thief game or FM. Nightwalker (Linda) knows me from the eidos forum where I have bugged her many times.
    Now most of you seem really young but I think here age doesn't matter. The love of this game seems to erase all barriers. I will just say I am a tiny bit older than Linda. LOL!! I also have two grown sons. At least there are grown physically. LOL!! No pets but I have gone to art school and am a traditional artist. I would love to learn computer art but don't do well with these easy to learn manuals. I used to be an avid Sci Fi reader until I became addicted to Thief.
    My home is in Maryland which is one of the smaller US States. Very close to the capitol. Have lived here all my life and am ready for a move and change of scenery. I spend most of my time on the computer now and love all the new people I have met on these forums. It would seem in my family life, I am the only one who is into computers,so no one understands a word I say. See you all around.
    Last edited by Hawklette; 8th May 2002 at 19:36.

Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm an alcoholic. D'oh, wrong forum Anyway, I'm 19 (20 in July) and I'm currently working on my Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems (i've got a little more than a year to go, I'll be graduated before I can legally drink ).

I bought Thief GOLD shortly before TMA came out, and they are by far my favorite PC games. To illustrate the effect these games have had on me: I've contracted one of my more engineering-minded friends (who also happens to be a Thief freak, even though he plays it as "Garret, the Mass Murderer" instead of Master Thief) to make us some lockpicks and tension wrenches to use (on our own locks of course ). We've had good success and have picked many of the locks around our homes.

I've been keeping busy by downloading and playing FMs from The Circle and The KoMaG.

My favorite book series is the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan (9 books already, #10 due out this year, and still more to come).

I live in Long Beach, which is in southern California (2nd largest city in southern Cali, next to LA).

My favorite TG OMs are Undercover (I love walking right by a Hammerite, turning around, and whacking him on the head) and RTC. My favorite TMA OMs are Eavesdropping and Blackmail. My favorite FMs are Calendra's Legacy, Belboz's TTGM series, the Art of Thievery, T7C, tIM, Equilibrium, Willow Island, LEE and Vigil and I have barely begun to scratch the surface
    ~element_5~

My rea name's.. Steele. Honest! I couldnt't of come up with "EmperorSteele" any other way, could I've? I'm 22 and attending college for Gra[hic Design.

When not working on my own FM, i run FF7 Universe, and i'm thinking of starting a web-comic. I'm looking to quit my Dishwashing jib in lieu of someplace like CompUSA or Circuit City.

My fave FMs include Calendra's Cistern, Death Of Garrett, LEE!, and Gellar's Pride.

Our names are Christine and Thomas. We are 80 years old (together) and dinks (double income no kids)

Our hobby is to play thief fms (unfortunately we have only time to play it on weekends). There are so much very very good fms that it is difficult to find a favourite one - for example Art of Thiefery and CL we liked very much.

Ok. My name is Mika. I'm a Finnish guy, born in 1967, engaged to be married. I live with my fiancee Mari in Espoo, which is a city in the southernmost part of Finland neighbouring Helsinki, the capital of Finland. We live well outside the downtown areas, practically in a countryside. I'm a management consultant by profession, specializing in such areas as business process development, the Balanced Scorecard, Knowledge Management, project management and team facilitation.

Thief brought me to these forums many moons ago, and I still play the game. It's the most amazing gaming experience ever developed. My spare time I spend time at our summerhouse, go fishing and hunting, sometimes horseback riding, and spend time with our dogs (two Brittany Spaniels). I've also taken up woodworking, which gives me a great excuse to keep buying new power tools. I also like to read a lot; apart from novels I also read many popular science and business books. I've been called a "Renaissance Man", which I think describes me quite well.
    Last edited by mol; 26th Jan 2006 at 02:13.

My name is Jason (I bet you never guessed that one!) i'm 33 and i'm a Thief addict. I live in the UK and work for a US software company as a Net Admin. Needless to say i spend all day reading these forums and DL'ing FM's instead of doing any work. It's a tough life ;-)

P.S. My wife hates the day i bought Thief into the house. My 3 year boy, however, laughs uncontrollably whenever i get my head sliced open by a guard

Page 1 of 47 1234561116212631364146 ... LastLast