TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Are You?

Originally posted by Sharga

We have much in common.
    Yes, we have some things in common alright. About same age and we both have contributed one FM to these here nice people. Or Actually I'm not sure how many you have released but my guess can't be too far off.
    By the way, forgot to add that I'm Swedish and live in here old Sweden.

Real names Jonathan, age 17. Im a junior in high school, bout to be a senior in 20 days (woot!). Ummmm, what else. I work at a website full time as a mod of four different forums, and in my spare time I help out at my youth group. When ever I find a spare moment, I fire up dromed, and work on my newest mission (mind you, the three in my sig are dead). Uh, I would have to say the best fm I have ever played was The Equilibrium. It got my attention in the first minute, and held onto till the very end.
    Member of the Lost Foofie Clan - Chief Builder, Collector of Magical Weapons

Mike, 32, one wife, 3 kids, 2 very small FM's, help other Thievers on various projects, even actually completed a few of them (sorry, Komag ) I've got a job somewhere in there.......did I mention my wife HATES Thief?

Her favorite expressions are: "Are you STILL playing that game?!?!" and "Are you still working on that project?!", or "Are you still online?" and the dreaded... "Do you know it's 1AM?"

Who am I? I am me

Ok...my name is Tommi, I live in Tampere,Finland, and I am a Thief addict....
    whenever I have the time. I have two jobs, a 2-shift job at a
    metal heat treatment factory,and I'm a part-time construction worker.
    I like heavy metal,and some psychobilly & punk music.
    I'm engaged to be married.We have two cats.
    Also I like to play some Operation Flashpoint...but single-player only.I don't like
    to play on net.
    Favourite OM's might be "Shipping and Receiving" for T2
    and for T1 it could be...mmm,can't remember.It has been so long since I
    played T1 OMs's.
    And there are so many great FM's I really can't tell which is the best.
    Ah,almost forgot, I'm turning 28 at October!
    Last edited by Tuska; 9th May 2002 at 15:51.

Originally posted by Taliesin
    (currently playing dungeon siege).
    My favourite movies are Bladerunner (Director's cut)
    I prefer the original BR with the film-noir narration but it is my favorite too. Just got Dungeon Siege a few weeks ago.

BTW, I'm Alan. 36 and married for approaching 6 years, one step-daughter age 14. I'm a database analyst (Oracle) at a university just North of San Diego, CA.

Author of one medium-sized T1 FM, the Thieves Quarter. Half a dozen semi-started experimental FM's. Hate to admit that I've never completed T2 but it didn't have quite the appeal as TDP. I blame my old computer for making it too hard to play at times (can you say slideshow?). My new P4 machine should make it fun but I started over with Thief Gold on expert plus Max Payne and the above mentioned DS.

FM's played? Another confession... Never played all the way though any. Tried a handful. Looked at several through DromEd. I'd probably vote for "Death of Garrett" or "Bloodstone Prison."

OM's? Hmmm... Pretty much any with the undead. Not so much the ones with Burricks.

Started playing rugby about 4 1/2 years ago (late start for an old boy). That's where my forum name originated when my daughter couldn't remember what sport I was playing and it came out "rugball." Played my way onto the 'A' squad of my div. II club, the North County Gurkhas. Just wrapped up the season near the end of April with a very hard-fought win on a long road-trip.

Hi! I'm Cathy, age 47. One live-in boyfriend (10 years) and 5 cats (Cassidy, Barlow, Sugaree, Althea & Darkstar). Oh yeah, in case you haven't guessed yet, I'm also a Deadhead! I work as a NT Systems Engineer and love Thief, but I'm not a developer, so no fan missions here.

I love the forums here and all the helpful folks!

Hi. I'm Ben. 20 yrs old from England.

I'm in my final year, studying Computer Games Design (in all but name) at the University of Teesside.

Favourite OMs: Thief Gold: Cragscleft Prison, The Haunted Cathederal, Undercover and Constantines Mansion (Can't remember if that's the name of the mission... The first mission in Constantines house). Thief 2: Probably the Bank level and Life of The Party... If that's the mission I think it is...

My favourite FM is The Seventh Crystal. Great stuff by Saturnine.
    (8¤

My name is Guillaume although I usually go by Gui. It doesn't matter anyway since people always butcher my name I was living in Toronto for a while but now I moved back to Calgary after completing a degree in Computer Sciences. I work for a small online software company here.

I'm not doing any work on FMs currently although I am helping a few taffers with their work. After finishing SoS, I don't feel like doing any new FMs for a long time!
    Last edited by doaal; 12th May 2006 at 17:05.

My name is John and I'm an alcoholic. Oops, wrong forum for that...

I'll be 60 years old this year. Have a degree in chemistry and mathematics, and work as an environmental engineer. I design and build things to make cleaner air and water. I also clean up chemical waste dumpsites, and chemical and oil spills. Remember Don Herbert, "Watch Mr. Wizzard"? I'm a protegee of his. Work in an office with a bunch of other engineers who couldn't change a lightbulb.

Married, kids are all adults with kids of their own.

For an old geezer, I'm also a computer geek. My only store bought computer was an IBM PCjr in '83. Since then, I've built my own with components. Current system has a webcam on it, uses MS Netmeeting, so we can watch grandkids grow up.

Am also a '60's musclecar buff. Owned them when they were new. Recently finished building a replica of a '66 Shelby Cobra. Little 2 seater sports car with a healthy V8 in it. Drive it nearly every day. What a blast to drive. Hang out at a site called clubcobra.com as jack21 where other Cobra owners and builders gather.

I love Thief, and love playing FM's. For me, it's a great stress reliever. Whack 'em, & stack 'em is my favorite play mode. Rarely play a mission on expert if I can kill anybody. Up until Calendras Legacy, one of my favorites was The Ritual. Lots of really tough opponents to whack! Whew, wears me out just thinking about it. Then I go back and gather up all the dead and unconsious bodies and stack them all up on one central place to see how big of a pile I can make. Then I gather up enough loot to finish the mission.

I love missions where I can wander around and explore everything. I call these, "Universal Studios" missions. I love exploring from rooftops, and missions with "Second Story" work.

Prior to Thief, my favorite PC game was the Wing Comander series. My radio callsign was Viper6. I'm a Viet Nam vet, and my radio callsign was Viper 6. The "6" designation meaning I was the group leader. Anyway, that's why it's not too thiefy for Thief.

So now you know.

the truth, the whole truth and nuthin' but the truth

My real name is Gus and I'm 18, my favourite Thief-level is The Sword

-Burt
    /me for president

Hello

Hello, my name is Andrey, i'm 21 and i'm finishing fhysics faculty of Moscow State University (seismology) this december. My hoobies: bicycle (using and reparing it after that), photo/video (i'm amateur cameraman at our enthusiastic StudTV (student tv), but hope to become a pro) and thief games of course. Music interests: Pink Floyd, Nightwish, various techno/industrial tracks (Thief/System Shock style).
    My favorite Thief levels: Return to Cathedral, The Lost City and Shipping... and Receiving.
    I recall when i accidentally saw first Thief demo, i was preparing to a tough exam next day. I was so stunned by style of this game - i've played the demo for a couple of hours each time from the beginning, before i think " there must be a way to save a game"
    Thanks God, i passed that exam next day anyway

Hi there,

this is my first time writing here. Although this forum has helped me out 100 of times the last months when I was stucked.
    My name is Heike. I'm a 31-year-old girl (o.K. woman - where have all the years gone?) from a little town near Hamburg (Germany). I hope my scanty english is readable
    My daughter Lara is 15 month, my partner Claus 46. He is blind, but he loves the cool and partly creepy sounds and atmosphere in Thief + Thief 2.
    At the moment I am a full-time-mum-and-household (Yeah Thorin, you are right, it is much harder than "normal" work).
    I love playing thief after a hard day.
    My favourite FM-Mission is
    The Art of Thievery (where is the gold hammer for this great work, or at least a 10).
    There are so many other Missions I enjoyed to play, it would be very boring for me to write down and for you to read the complete list.

Thanx to all FM-Builders. What would my evenings look like if I had no opportunities to download all those cool missions.
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

H-ee-rr-ee-'s LIZ!!!

Hello, it's me. I'm Liz, in case you thought I was trying to trick you with my nickname.

I'm in my late twenties (can never remember exactly how old), married 2 yrs, with 2 "composer" cats and no kids. (DINK -- for now) My husband and I are both Investment Accounting Supervisors, which is either more or less exciting than you would think, depending on whether you find finance to be a sexy profession. We live near Philadelpha, Pennsylvania, USA. Between the two of us, we've also lived in Michigan, Washington, Illinois, California, Indiana, and Maryland.

My first computer was a PC Junior, back in the early 80's. I've been on the internet since the late 80's. (Anyone remember Prodigy? Right before AOL came out?) My first RPG/Adventure game was King's Quest. Ever since then, I've been hooked on any game that plays like a book (I love to read). My favorite games today? #1: Thief; #2: Baldur's Gate; #3: Yeah, right, like I have time with all these great Thief FMs!

I have a background in theater and music dating back over 20 years. I occasionally perform as a classical musician, and will rarely make an appearance with a band for some rock/jazz/alternative tunes. I also have significant editing experience, as I spent high school and college years as a newspaper/yearbook editor. I also have edited fanfiction, and have even had the recent opportunity to do some FM storyediting. (As well as a little voice acting, right Slyfoxx?)

In my spare time (what spare time???), I have a volunteer position with my fraternity (Sorority for those of you who don't know about "women's fraternities), and am studying for a professional designation. I use Thief as an escape mechanism from all of this!

(Oh, and Hit Deity, my husband should talk to your wife, because I hear the same comments!)

It's great to meet everyone! Happy Mother's day to all of the moms out there. I caught sight of a few: Nightwalker, Lady Jo, and others. Oh, that reminds me: I'm about to become an aunt (again), and my sister is naming her baby....

spoiler:
    GARRETT!!! Yes, it's true.

[Edited Text -- What I didn't know when I posted this was that I should have been celebrating mothers day as well, as I was going to become a mother. Interesting, in retrospect. Also, feel free to check out my post three years later where I forget and introduce myself again.]
    Last edited by lizanneh; 14th Apr 2005 at 00:12.

Okay, so I wasn't entirely forthcoming.

Y'know, I kinda left some things out about myself...I just realized that! I sorta feel bad about it, but it's hard to be a shadowy aspirant to World Domination when people know something about you beyond "he shows a definite tendency towards using pliers on people who disagree with him"...but the hell with it. I'm never gonna rule the !!#$%!! world...who wants it, anyway??

All right, what I left out: my name is Eric, and I'm 27. I was born and raised in Oklahoma, home of the Severe Allergy Attack. I spent some time in college before being derailed by a shortage of funds; while I was there, I switched majors from Psychology to English, since in English, they don't require you to talk about your emotions, and more importantly, I wouldn't be expected to train mice to burp "Yankee Doodle". On the other hand, I was expected to read Chaucer...in retrospect, I'd rather have eaten the live mice whole and kicking. Okay, so I have no appreciation for the classics. So sue me. I'll return to education one day, but until then I've been using an icepick to jab myself in the face, just so I can handle poetry discussions. ["Poets are sensitive. There. What's to discuss?"]

So I've been messing around since then, building my writing skills; I lean more towards comedy writing, which means that you'll never see my name in the credits of Saturday Night Live, unless it's followed by "Kicked Chris Kattan in the nuts repeatedly". I hope to be worthy of that particular credit someday. So in lieu of a real job, I started reviewing for Hangar 16. Did I already mention Hangar 16? I did? Can I mention Hangar 16 again? No? Well, never mind.

Who am I?
    My name is Michael E. Ellis.
    I am 36 years old.
    Never been married.
    I am a chef at small country club in Carthage, Missouri.

It was just then that RUtaffenMe's door was busted down and several men with dark suits and sunglasses yank him out of his chair.

" You must come with us Mr. Ellis. We have a few questions to ask you."

Cutpurse-In-Chief
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

I am who I am....

My name is Cassandra, my nickname is Boo (don't ask I don't know where it came from) I am 41 female married and just moved from Canada to the U.S. I have 2 sons - 13 and 14. My husband pays me to stay home and play Thief - woe be it to the one who updates my Direct X!!!! I think he is tiring of me calling him a taffer though! I have soo many favorite fm's and I admire all of you who create for the rest of us who can't. When I am not playing I am gardening, reading or learning a new language. I also love to cook/bake. I am currently putting together a cookbook and playing the muse/co-author for my husbands fantasy novel. Lastly, thank God/Goddess for A/C - its hot in VA.

who i am

I am a woman named Laddy who is of indeterminate age
    spoiler:
    you think I'm going to tell you!!

who loves playing Thief........
    I am married, no kids, 3 cats, 2 dogs.
    My fav mission is whichever one that I am playing at the time. Love all of them
    keep them coming!!!!!!!

Re: I am who I am....

Originally posted by cassee
    I would just like to say hello to another lady taffer with so many similar interests. I am a bit older and envious that your husband even understands your addiction. LOL!! You seem to like most of the things I do except I'm not into cooking. Art and photography instead but I do love learning new languages. I also love reading and mostly fantasy and Sci Fi. Small world it seems. I'm sure you must have been helped with any FM problems by Nightwalker who is from the US and moved to Canada. I live right above you in Maryland and wish I was farther north also. I went to Alaska in December and loved it.
    I also have to sons who are older as am I. LOL!!! I was wondering about your remark about DirectX. I have updated it and my Thief doesn't show up as well. I was blaming it on my new video card. Let me know if there is a difference.

Hi, Hawklette. It is nice to see so many lady taffers showing up, isn't it? I just wanted to correct one thing, though. I'm Canadian, born and bred. I moved to Northern Ontario from Southern Ontario, so that's probably where the misunderstanding showed up.

My name is Beatrice, best Garrett age (36), married, no kids. Computer‘s my baby...
    Is there a life besides computer games?
    Since my first game (Corridor 7 – does anyone remember this? with pixels as big as chessboard squares) I’m addicted to this stuff, but no game ever gripped me like Thief did. I played it again and again, played even Deus Ex Thief style (only three absolutely necessary kills in the whole game, good feeling!).
    Could hardly live without those fan missions. I love especially the city missions (more please!), CC + CL of course, Autumn in Lampfire Hill, Events in Highrock, A Smuggler’s Request. (OM: Life of the Party city part)
    And I really love those very creative contest mini missions – and I’m so happy there will be a contest again! Thanks Komag!

@ silver sorrow: sorry about not answering your last mail – computer ate it up before I had the chance...

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan Davies and I'm 29. Got the nickname of Rippy for some reason when I joined the Royal Air Force in '95 and currently serving in St. Athan, South Wales. My work is repairing mainly fighter aircraft of the RAF and I'm on call call to go anywhere to fix and get flying any lame ducks.

I'm currently repairing a Hawk trainer aircraft (the same ones the RAF display team the Red Arrows use) which had a birdstrike. For any animal lovers out there, I'm afraid the bird came off worse in the incident and is now in birdie heaven. As for the jet, upon landing the pilot quickly realised that the nose undercarriage had not retracted properly and was forced to let the nose drop to the ground and skid to a halt. Nasty!!

Thief one favourite is probably Assassins, Thief two, too many great ones to choose from!!

I've loved all of the Calendra series and The Art of Thievery, there are many others I've loved playing including T7C, Equilibrium and A Smuggler's Request.

No friends of mine are into Thief in any way (much to my dismay) so looking in on this forum is a real life saver!! My thanks goes out to everyone who contributes, even the annoying stirrer types

Hi,

My name is... umm... can't remember. I'm just about to finish my 4 year MEng degree (which would make me 22) and will soon have a job writing Linux software. This is all in Cambridge, UK.

Favorite Thief level? Maybe Assasins? Or perhaps Undercover.

Thief 2? That would be... tricky decision... Lord of the Party? Blackmail is good also.

The Inverted Manse is my favorite FM. Closely followed by The 7th Crystal.

David Vrabel.. ah... perhaps this is my name? Yep. I'm boring. I use my real name.

My name's William, I'm 19 and starting college soon, (so I'm penniless at the moment)
    I'm taking College Prep courses in Business and Accounting. I'm about 5'11, 185 pounds.
    Bespecticled(sp?) and a bit pasty (your basic geek) I enjoy good food, and imported cheese. And probably drink more tea than the whole of England. (weird 'lil dude aren't I?)
    I'm taking Martial Arts and enjoy staying in the shadows(ninja Garrett)
    I'm looking for a career in either PC game design or CG FX for Movies. I'm an avid reader and Thief FM designer.
    My favorite Thief Mission is: OM=THC FM=T7C
    My current Thief FM projects include:
    *Midnight @ Angel Bridge
    *Garrett & the Sinister Y-Box
    *Psycho~Logical
    *Essiance of Time
    And a "Komak Kontest" mission
    I'm not a bad guy, I just play one in real life.

hi, I'm jolene a mom of 2 boys and I'm an artist.

I'm a thief nut!

Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456712172227323742 ... LastLast