TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914192429343944 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Are You?

Hello, my name is Nina I'm 40 years old and married - and have a 13yearold son. I live in Oslo, Norway.

Me and my husband run a small company offering services for networkadministration and webdevelopment.

I've ever really been hooked on a very few games, although there's been quite a few taking the rounds in this house, as all 3 of us like playing games. Can't have all work and no play! Starting from the beginning, the games I found hard to stop playing is:

Echo the dolphin on Sega! (good old days )
    The Neverhood, great game, lots of fun and puzzles.
    The Myst triology - of which I found Riven the best
    Oddworld series - really childish games with lots of laughs! Main carachter has a great personality

But number 1 will have to be Thief! This game never ends, as there are so many fantastic FM's that keeps coming from this very generous community
    Actually, I recently was aided by this community in getting hold of Thief Gold, Thanks a million!, but must admit some of the FM's really are better than some of the OM's.. You guys probably could make a living out of what you do!

I found the game by pure chanse, and immediately loved it! Sneaking around and clubbing guards from behind hehehehe Love it! I don't care too much about the undead missions, but love the thiefs highway!

That's me in a nutshell, *waving hello to all*

Great thread!

My name is Pawel. I am 25. I live in Tatra mountains (Poland).

Interests: my wife ( ), theory of literature (esp Harold Bloom's theory of influence), philosophy (esp mysticism and deconstruction), poetry (esp Wystan Hugh Auden and Juliusz Slowacki), Thief and DromEd (obviously), basketball, science-fiction movies.

Favourite OMs: "The Sword", "Return to the Cathedral".
    Favourite FMs: "Midnight in Murkbell", "The Inverted Manse" and many more!

I teach literature and history. Next year I'll probably start working at Jagiellonian University in Krakow. I am currently writing book entitled "Samuel Zborowski: Juliusz Słowacki's rhetoric of the sublime" and preparing an article about rhetoric in romanticism for university handbook "Lektury polonistyczne". And, unfortunately, I don't have much time for Thief (and DromEd) now. (I hate RL!)

I created four Thief DM ("The Statue", "The Cartographer's Note SFX", "Misja bez Celu, Poczatku i Konca", "Zdradliwa Monika") and one FM ("Old Comrades, Old Debts"). Nothing important yet. But I'll probably start building my new full-sized FM "The Cartographer's Note" in November. I hope you'll like it. I also take care of The Master Guild: Dark Society. It started as Polish Thief community, but right now we have members from USA (Will the Taffer), Canada (Mike), Australia (Shane), Germany (Hrothgar) and Czech Republic (Lazarius)! And it's great!

You can read more about me (and see my photos) here.

I also want to say that there are Thief fans in Poland. I am not the only one. There are many interesting Polish Thief projects (DMs and FMs). And we managed to created very active community with our own sites and forums. Unfortunately, most of us don't speak English very well. Therefore we don't visit TTLG forums often. It's a pity.

But I try to visit this forum as often as possible. I just love its members! You're wonderful!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

My name is Russ, I'm 34 and have a wife of 10 years and a son who's 8. We live in Lexington, KY, USA.

I actually played T2 first, I was hooked on the demo which I downloaded after reading the glowing review on Gamespot. I've hardly played any other games in the 21 months since, and have gotten TG as well as published a FM (Eastwater Bank for Komag's Contest 3). It's replaced Master of Orion II as my "old standby" game.

I have degrees in Math and Education from Vanderbilt, and taught high school math (everything except calculus at least twice, my favorite was geometry) for 7 years before coming to my senses and realizing that the crappy pay, lack of respect and long, stressful hours weren't worth it anymore. Then, I left grad school about a year into a doctoral program to take a position as a software engineer. I'm the team lead for the communications subsystem of the Windows drivers for a well-known brand of inkjet printer.

Like many of the folks on here it seems, I am also a musician, being an accomplished guitarist and mediocre keyboard player. I was in an prog alternative band called Cousin Itt in Nashville in the 1991 timeframe; our main claim to fame was the song Sacred Ground, which made it to #2 on WRVU (the Vanderbilt college radio station). Other than that, we pretty much sucked. I also managed to write a 7-movement orchestral suite based on figures from Greco-Roman and Norse mythology in 1994, but then our son was born and I've never really had (ok, made) the time to do much more composing.... until now. I'm helping William the Taffer with Deceptive Perceptions II by providing some of the music & sound effects. I hope it will be decent enough he'll want to use it.

Interests:
    Music (Rush, alternative, new age, 80's metal & nu metal, jazz, baroque & romantic era classical)
    Thief G/2 + D2
    Coding for the mud where I'm an admin, Frontiers II. Come by and say hi sometime! http://www.frontiersmud.org
    Favorite Reads: Louise Cooper (my handle comes from her Time Master Trilogy), Michael Moorcock (all the eternal champion series)

Favorite OM's: The Mage Towers, LotP, The Sword.
    Favorite FM's: Raid on Washout Central, Hallucinations, T7C, Mindmaster, Embracing the Enemy, DP, OC/OD.
    My Upcoming FM's: See my signature.

That's about it....

Yan
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

Hi, all. My name is Jeff. I'm 30 and live in Washington, D.C. I grew up in various places along the American East Coast, and have lived in New Haven, Cambridge, Baltimore, and Hungary. I think of Maryland -- and the D.C. area -- as home. I have a law degree and an interesting job in international affairs.

Interests of mine include literature, linguistics, urban planning / architecture, and music (mostly indie/obscure, and I play dulcimer and sax). I also love to backpack and travel, and have trekked places from Kyrgyzstan to Death Valley.

When I was 13, I enjoyed playing the classic C-64 games (Realms of Impossibility, Mail Order Monsters, Mindshadow, Mindwheel, Fahrenheit 451, Phantasie, etc.), but later abandoned the hobby. I rediscovered gaming in the last few years, and, besides Thief, consider Grim Fandango and No One Lives Forever to be genre-toppers. I like a satisfying and deep story along with fun gameplay. Humor is great, too.

My favorite OM's are standard: Assassins and LOTP, though I liked many others. I've enjoyed virtually every FM I've played. Escape! and T7C stand out in my head at the moment. I particularly like cityscapes, realistic buildings, human inhabitants, and few boxes to stack. Ghosting is mostly great, and though I hate to kill, I like the opportunity to KO inconvenient AIs. I'm also amazed at this community and the great FMs it keeps churning out.

Well I'm more a lurker than a poster but anyway....

My name's Shannon but due to my nick in lots of games, and because it's rather close to my real name, I usually go by Shaz.

I'm 29, deargodI'llbe30nextmonth*panic*....oh umm. I live in Louisiana, where the air is thick as soup due to the humidity, mosquitos grow to the size of small children, and alligators roam the streets.

Sorry, I exaggerated on the 'gator part.

I'm currently unable to work due to health reasons (and been this way a couple years now) so I tend to play computer games....a lot....multiplayer, single player....gives me something to do (my other big thing to do is read, I'm an avid reader).

Thankfully my hubby is fully supportive of my addictions....err, hobbies.

I really don't know if I could list favorite missions...there's usually something I like in all of them. I don't like having to do NOTHING but sneaking (usually), I don't like lots and lots of undead (usually)...I love my blackjack, and use it frequently. So missions where I can sneak about and do some knockin' I tend to enjoy a lot.

*goes back to lurkmode*
    ~Shaz

It's nice to see this thread popping up again and more people contributing to it. Shaz, you should post more and lurk less. We'd love to hear more from you!

The Old Guy !!

Hi from the midwest of the good old USA ! My name is Tom and in July The big 65 hits me. I see a lot of "young people" play these FM's too !! Thats great -- AND I hope you all have very good paying jobs BECAUSE ..... The Oldgeezer(thats me) needs that Social Security Check each and every month !!
    My favorite FM was CL and I am waiting for the next fan mission to be released. Some day,with the help of my 13 yr old grandson,we hope to tackle dromed and perhaps??
    Take care all ........... The Geez

Lonzboy here, I'm new. Cool thread. My real named is......Lonzboy! LOL. IMHO this is a cool forum. I'm a printer, and I've hit the five-0's, I'm afraid.I can see from some of your posts that it's not so rare around here! Canadian eh? And proud of it. I don't get on the net much, don't have time, but I'll be around here whenever I can. I love thief!!!

BANNED
    My name is Simone (rhymes with "alone"). My hobbies are spellcraft, snowboarding, iceskating, anthropomorphic manga, building stuff (The Builder should be proud of me ), playing Thief, and shopping. My fave mission is LOTP. I'm 13, and in 7th grade at Laurelridge Jr. High. My fave subjects are world history and science. I'm on the swim team and the skating team.

Real name is Rachid, 27 years of age, 3 year relationship with gilrfriend Ingrid, My Cat unfortunately passed away from kidney disease yesterday
    I have a Dutch mother and Moroccan father, i was born in Eindhoven, a town in the south of the Netherlands and I still live there..
    I make music for a living doing parties and big happenings with my band.. The Nighttrain.
    i play keyboards, Le Key (look in the ttlg photoalbum) percussion, drums, saxophone, guitar and i sing. i'm currently working on my first CD which will feature various styles of music, due out in November.
    i also earn money with some freelance concept design and occasional studio work.
    besides that? i play thief fm's a lot, i'll ride my cannondale mountainbike anytime the sun shines, practice some martial arts and i like to draw cartoons and creatures..

well that's about it..

Greetz,

WJ

It is I, Gloria Creep!

Hi, nice to meet you all.

My name is Gloria (Creep), I'm 47, got three lovely daughters, a man in my life, a dog, a pig and 6 little birds in a cage and I'm a teddybearmaker.
    I teach other people how to make teddybears and I make teddies for people who wish to put the remains of their deseased (when they are cremated) in the inside of a teddybear.
    Furthermore I like treehouses, trolls, The Provence (in France), the music of Loreena McKennitt, pictures of angels and cherubs, pigs, making things out of concrete or clay ....... a.s.o.
    As I earlier somewhere in these forum stated: my family things I'm a nutcase, but I'm just Gloria Creep.

I am Erik Willems, from the Netherlands, a 31 year old webdesigner for eBay.

I have been playing thief since I bought the Gold version....

The game was so damn original, although the graphics weren't that good. But the idea of a man alone in the shadows, able to sneak up to those darn bastards in their fancy guard clothing was just too much fun.

I always try to knock out/kill all of the AI's.....

A month ago I barely dared to look at DromEd, but thought i would give it a try....

the result is here: Something up there.....

And this is me:

Favorite fm's: Calendra's Cistern, Willow Island, and in fact all that take more than 2 hours to play, and don't leave you clueless

Thanks to all of you for your tips and making fine fm's.

Erik
    Last edited by ewillems; 25th Sep 2002 at 12:12.

I'm Federico Agnoletti from Italy (Forlì... I wonder if someone knows it, it's a calm, and small city)
    I noticed that there are lots of veryNorth-European people posting in TTLG!!
    I haven't seen many italians, but I may be wrong because I didn't read this whole thread!

I'm 19 and i'm going to enjoy at least five year of university(telecommunications) ...
    .... but after the 13 years of school already done I'm not that much motivated!!

Oh, and talking about pets... Is it normal a canarino(Going to take the ITA\ING dictionay... Aha! ) ..a canary that's going to celebrate his 19° birthday?
    I know that canaries aren't so long-lived... what's behind that?
    A well balanced life-style, a genetic cross-over with a parrot or an ancient pagan ritual that bounds it to me... hmm, must hid it from those suspicious Hammers...

I'm D. William W. from somewhere in the eastern US area.
    I'm 19, a student and salesman.

I'm a really boring guy in real life. 6.2' tall, 195 pounds, sorta pasty. With an accent that's not common where I live.

I'm a born computer geek with poor people skillz
    A website designer by hobby.

A Thief fan of course, and Dromediting comes second nature I guess.
    I've taken, and aced highschool psychology, so I use those methods in my spookier Thief FM's.

My other hobbies include FPS PC games, reading, amature film creation, photography, and classical music. I'm single and I'm constant need of money (which probably explains the latter) I start college in about a year, and will proabaly major in computer science, public speaking, and psychology. I'm also trying to start an acting career.

~Will
    I'm not a bad guy, I just play one in real life.

my real name is nico, im soon 15, i live in honduras (im very bored here...), the next year im going back to finland, i have a dog, have a lot of homework, and i like to be in the computer dromeding and listening mushroomhead... my favorite OM: assasins, precious cargo, soulforge FM: Old Comrades, Old Debts, Oswald's Patisserie, Deceptive Perception, Warehouse 51, Space Thief, The Art of Thievery, Equilibrium, etc.
    () ()
    (OO)
    .(..)

Rachel Y. Wimsatt. I'm 13, live in Indiana, am a student, and love writing poetry and songs. I am 5'7" and I am soo not telling u my weight.
    Last edited by Cookie Dough; 15th Nov 2002 at 17:16.
    "if I throw up a cat what will you throw up?"
    -DarkViper

Hello, I'm Andre Poerschke (also known as sir Andre in Christine's FMs ), I'm 15 years old, and I'm living in Hannover, Germany... ehm... now I have no ideas what I can write about me...
    Last edited by Pistole2k; 17th Dec 2002 at 09:39.

153 posts and I just now see the thread. Man, I really need to check the forum more often! My real name is Roger, in case that wasn't obvious. I used to be known on this forum as ROK. Don't know how that changed, don't really care. As long as I'm still allowed to visit and post, I'm good with that I'm 40 and live in Florida. All the Brains here in this forum from all walks of life and different age groups. It's just amazing! I'm a hands on guy. I'm a mechanic, Maint. Tech and I build computer systems from time to time. I've also worked in the field of electronics assembling, inspecting and testing for Fujitsu America LTD. Too many smart people here. Makes me feel like an oddball. Let's see... Everything's already been said, I don't want to be redundant. Oh, o.k. here's something nobody has said. I used to be a REAL THIEF A rather good one too. I had better standards than Garrett though. Even though we were both hired to do jobs, I would never break into any ones home. He's a master though. Once my tools were taken away I could never break out of my cell. Unlike Garrett who can use a stick or a fork to pick a lock. Now I'm happy just to play Thief. If I screw up, I can just reload and start over instead of actually having to deal with being dragged to the police station and booked. Or be chopped to little pieces and eaten by the living dead Believe this or not, it's your decision. If you think I'm strange well, you're right and hey, it's my story let me tell it the way I want to I don't like undead missions but there are times I get into them so I can kill them all off. There are too many good FMs out there to decide which one is the best so I'll go the other way. I only have one mission that really gripes me and that Sakuras Dragon Eye. I can't get that one to play. I get to the gaurd and try to take his key or BJ him and the mission crashes to my desktop. Well, thanks for your time. That's all about me that I'm sure you want to hear. Just remember:

spoiler:
    There's no lock I can't pick. No place that I can't enter. No one is safe. BWAAAAAHA

AH, now I see why Pistole told me to look up this thread.

Is it so that you published a picture with me on it without telling me?

Alright, it does not matter after all, I'm that unconspicous chap looking down on a keyboard, hardly visible.

So, lets have a look:

Alexander W. Drong form Hannover, Germany. I'll be sixteen in ten days.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!
    Dusty (my nick) Dustin my full.
    Pain in the butt at times.
    4 kids.
    Been shot at and missed and shit at and hit.
    Owned and operated numerous businesses over the last 50 years.

Will post link to photo and extended bio later. Web site is currently under re-construction. EDIT Up and running: http://nativeartdesign.net/page4.html

Mostly at the Eidos Thief forums since about the same time I registered here.
    Have contributed some worthwhile stuff for the FAQ's.
    Done some poems and stories for both forums, and like most of us have contributed a truckload of useless manure to both.

Although, on second thought Manure does help things grow.
    Last edited by theBlackman; 24th Feb 2004 at 16:35.

playwme
    Evening.
    My name is Brent Harzmanand I am 31 years old. I grew up in Kansas. Went to Jr. College for 2 years, joined the Army for 4 years, went back to college for 2 years. While I was in the army I met my wife and now live in Germany. I have been in Germany since 1997 and love it.
    I have one daughter age 3, and a second child due any day.
    I first tried Theif from a demo mission and have been hooked since.
    My favorite weapon is the black jack. I love to sneak up on everyone and give them a nice remembering of me. The superstars have big contracts with shoe companies and such, I have one with the makers of asprin.

I used to be somewhat active with the forum with Edios, but have not had much time lately, with the little one on its way.

I have played (I think) every FM that has been posted and love 90% of them. I believe that a lot of them are way better then the ones that Edios made for Thief 1 and 2.

I am still loyal to Thief, and eagerly awaiting for Thief 3 to come out. Until then, I have other games that I am playing to keep busy.

brent

Long Finger

Hi all,
    First of all, I have been reading this thread almost a year ago, but never got to it to introduce myself. I have not been on the forum for a long time. Only recently I have started to read the forum again because I was very busy with other things. Since a few months I have been able to spend some more time here due to getting unemployed. I don't know how long this periode will be because I am in the process of starting up my own little IT company and that could take a lot of time.

I was scanning the forum for my nickname and discovered that Lytha once hinted that I had been impersonating a new member with big ambitions. Well that wasn't me. So I thought it became about time I introduced myself here.

My real name is Ton, I live in Holland in a small village near Utrecht which is right in the middle of the Netherlands. (Holland is actually only the western part of the Netherlands for the purists among you). I am married for 13 years, no kids 49 years old no pets (although we will get a cat soon). I did a lot of different jobs: bicycle repairman, motorcycle engineer, electronica engineer, shop salesman, film operator in a cinema, assistent manager, international truckdriver, private pilot but for the last ten years I have been working in the IT in several disciplines like building software and hardware maintenance.

At the moment I try to be of service for the Thief community by doing some reviews for a translated FM and am converting my own FM to a multi lingual version for which I needed and got the help of others.

Oh jeah, my favorit FM's are Calendra's Legacy, the 7th Crystal and the series that Cristine Schneider made the Lord Ashton series. I usually hate the undeads. I was first introduced to Thief by playing the Thief 2 demo. After I had played all the available T2 FM's I bought T1 and played all the T1 FM's.

That's about it I guess. Nice thread is this. I like the cooperative atmosphere of these forums.

Long Finger
    Last edited by Long Finger; 14th Jan 2003 at 14:53.

My name is Corey, I am a 34year old guy and live in Binghamton NY. I must say I am glad to see so many older pepole are into thief, Ive had pepole say Im to old to get int PC games.
    Just let me say, It is better then what I used to spend all my time doing > partyyyy!!!!
    Any how, I must give a very special Thankyou to all the Origional Thief 1 and 2 authers and creators and Definately to all the Drom ed ites / Fan Mission creators. It is like ............well almoast like Christmas every time I come on and find a new fan mission. Great work guys. Also thankyou to to the pepole (Nightwalker) and others who have a great memmory and can help when someone gets stuck . I played most missions on easy and am starting to play some again on Expert....Nice !!! My favorite mission...hmmmmmmm....any mission that pis@#$% me off !! Because it means it is a challenge !! Calendras Legacy impeticular. Midnight at murkbell on Garett , awsome!Ive played every fan mission available to this date.

Well happy Taffin
    Corey in NY

Wow, this seems to be the thread for, ahem, mature taffers who own cats, so I guess I might as well jump right in.

My name is Peter and I am a mere youngster of 54 years. I work as a research scientist in the Western New York area. (We call it Western to distinguish ourselves from a certain city about 400 miles away geographically and about two worlds away culturally).

My significant other and I have a small gray tabby named Guinevere, who is seventeen (!) years of age, and a totally psycho Siamese (aren't they all?) named Tasha. No relationship to Nightwalker's cat of the same name.

Lesse, what else, fave Thief missions... What's Thief, is that a game or something? Just kidding, Thief is a way of LIFE!!

OMs: Song of the Caverns, RTC, Ambush, LOTP
    T1 FMs: Calendra's Cistern, Mystery Man, Lorgan's Web, TOOTV
    T2 FMs: still working my way through the best ones: ask me again in about four months.

FW:FW:FW: SO TRUE!!!

As possible general interest, EIDOS taffers, also have a Who's Who:

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthr...threadid=14105

Page 4 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678914192429343944 ... LastLast