TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Who Are You?

I'm Wynne. 23. Single and neither looking nor not looking. I like all kinds of music, but particularly classic rock. I love the Moonlight Sonata, Pink Floyd, and the Who. I like fantasy and sci-fi and mystery in my stories. I have a pet dog I named 'Taffer'; she's a golden retriever/dachsund mix, and I also have a mouse named Silk. I work in department 82 of a very, very big store. I write, draw, paint, sing, and do a bit of voice acting in my spare time.

I played a female servant in Geller's Pride, the woman at the very end of Order of the Vine, a client and a party guest in Resurgence, and Elizabeth/Seraphina in the 7th Crystal. That's all I can remember; I may have forgotten some, my memory bites. I'm also doing one voice for T2X and two or three voices in CoSaS, although I'm not sure I'm allowed to say what roles. (I'm probably being overcautious, but I want to be certain.)

My thief playing style is that I try to do each mission to frame a kind of known thief, sometimes deliberately playing the amateur in order to make sure I have no profile so the cops can never nail me down. I pick my prototype before I go in, and then I stick to it--the ghost, the klutz, the revolutionary, the psycho, the polite professional, etc.

Hi, my name is...what?

Hi, my real name is Anthony Oliver.

I live in Orlando, FL. I'm 18. I'm a freshman in college, well you know what I really mean. Thief is the game that is making me persue a career in the gaming industry. Preferably the programming field. I'm still a newbie programmer in C++ and Basic but I love C++ more than anything. I owned Thief 1 TDP a year after it came out and I forget what year that was. I own all of releases. When I got Thief Gold and tried out Dromed, I got scared of it and haven't touched it since then. When I got Thief 2, it sorta rekindled my interest in dromed but that interest has been low for quite some time......until now . In a couple of minutes after I post this message I'll create a topic announcing my first fan-mission that I'm going to create for Thief 2. Since it's summer time, I'm out of school so you might think that I have lots of time in creating my fan-mission?? Well I do but I do other things besides level creation. Mainly, I'm catching up on my PSX RPGs where I have a backlog of about 15 unplayed RPGs. I don't plan to beat all of them in my summer vacation!! They are there in case I go through a dry spell of having no money to buy games while I'm in college and (by the looks of it) after college. Speaking of money. I am currently without a job but that will change soon. When I do get one though, I'll have to choose between PSX RPGs or Thief level creation or come up with a way that I can do both . I'll most likely do both so, don't worry about me giving up on dromed again. It will get really tough, however, when I go back to school. This time I'll have a job and go to school so, that leaves me with hardly enough time to do what I want to do in my spare time. So, I've decided that when I get to that bridge, I'll put my PSX RPGs on hold and concentrate on Thief level creation.

I wanna join the "Psycho Siamese" cat club, too!! My mentally-challenged Siamese cat was named Sabrina, and she really was psycho. Cross-eyed, too, the poor thing. Best birder and mouser I've ever had, and the sweetest disposition of any cat I've ever known (you know how some of them can be moody).

Anyhoo, back to more manly things.....

I would also like to remind everyone that there is a Photo Album link at the top right of these pages. Get in there and scare the living dayligh--.... er, show us what you've got!! Don't be shy. (As you can see, after taking a look around in there, you can't be any "weirder" than the rest of us. )

Nice, didn't know that was there...... this will be handy for the next "is Komag/Digi/HitDiety male of female?" post.
    Jam tomorrow;
    Jam yesterday;
    Never jam today.

oh no! and they had and go finallly put my picture up **ShadowWolf frantically tries to paint over her pic, gets extremely tired and blackjacks herself** *BOINK**

I just stumbled across this thread, and what fun to "see" the faces behind the name tags! It would be great if one year there could be a big Thief convention somewhere -- get all dressed up like your fave Thief character, hide in the shadowy corridors of the hotel, pick the locks on the rooms, bonk the other guests on their unsuspecting heads, . . . well, maybe I'm getting a little carried away here . . .

I was so shocked to discover that Nightwalker was like me -- a woman and over 50! And I have 5 cats -- all Singapore drain cats saved from the pots of the local restauranteurs (heh). I've been a professional musician since I was 14 and have had the good fortune to work with many great artists over the years since. I studied fine arts and figure painting in college. Was assistant editor of 2 blues magazines, one out of Chicago and one out of New York. Used to own my own graphic design and computer imaging business. Then I went through a rough marriage break-up, smashed up my world and jumped off- planet for a while. The only things I took with me were my i-mac, a loaf of good bread, a jar of peanut-butter (Skippy super crunch!) and US$50 cash. Oh, yeah, and my little old Amex card! When I returned from the River Styx, I found myself in this wonderful little tropical paradise, doing nothing more complicated than singing the blues for a living.

Just to let you know -- it's never to late to correct a mistake. It's never too late to start again or to build something out of nothing.

I've had the best guy in the world living with me for the past 2+ years. He bought me my first Thief game and doesn't mind all the hours I spend at it. My cats will often lie around the pc, sometimes ON the pc, and watch me play. I don't mind when they paw at the screen trying to catch something there, but I get pissed when they decide to jump, walk across, or lay on the keyboard while I'm building or playing.

See ya!

to ShadowWolf421

No, they are mongrels:-) But great grandfather of one my dog was thoroughbred wolf

awesome i love malamutes, german shepards, huskies in fact i love dogs period. i like cats too but im more a canine person

Originally posted by lynx
    It would be great if one year there could be a big Thief convention somewhere --
    There have been several.....

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=66552

My name is Anthony, I am 24 and live in Maryland with my cat, Bob. I work in the securities industry, creating databases and workflow automation. Before Maryland, I lived in Florida, spent a year of college in Pennsyvlania, and my early childhood was in New Jersey. Besides gaming, I have a lust for economic theory and play with spreadsheets in my spare time. The rest of the time I pretend to be a writer.

I've gone by Duodecimal exclusively for six years now, and post(ed) under this name in the JumpGate, Eschaton, GalCiv, MOO3, X, Civ, Alpha Centauri, and the old Ultima boards, in some much less frequently than others.

My favorite OMs are Assassins and LOTP.

As for dromed-work - I've made one so far, No More Clients for Monty (KoMaG contest 4), and I started work on a second one this week.

I am Andy, 18 years going on 19. I'm studying for my A levels in Biology, Maths, Economics and Chemistry. And I throughly hate programming. Next year I will be at Cardiff studying genetics. I'm famous for typos.

I live in Swindon, UK - famous for its over-the-top mass of useless roundabouts. I'm a regular Unreal Tournament player who's into the whole clan thing (my UT name being [PiNK]Taffer ). I am also mad about Thief 2 especially because it's a nice change from the said action game, and I have a modest collection of 110 FMs for both T1 and T2.

I named my hamster after the thief we all respect and fear. He's lived the longest out of all the hamsters that i've had.

My favourite T1 mission has to be Songs of the Caverns, closely followed by Assasins. For T2, the best one has to be LotP and Precious Cargo. My favourite FMs are The Art of Thievery and Hidden Agenda. My prefered style of play is ghosting, an idea I got from Lytha, Lytha doesn't seem to like me though since i'm part of the op-hoe-ish Quakenet basts.

Outside the home, I love playing squash, going to town, cinema, etc.

And dromed... I've tried it, failed miserably. Well, I created a super short mission with 2 rooms, some loot and swords, and a round pillar (for which I was proud of)... I deleted the mission out of embarrasment and haven't opened dromed since.

S'bout it, you can all go back to sleep again :E

Hit Diety

There have been Thief Conventions? Cool! And in Chicago -- Blues Town, USA! Maybe I'll be able to hook onto the next one . . . oh boy oh boy oh boy

Wow, I never thought when I started this thread that there would end up being so many pages of replies! It is so awesome that the posts just keep on coming... Nice to meet all you taffers!

My name is Omer Joel, aged 21 next week, and I'm currently a "freshman" (got to love those wierd American academic terms ) studying Biotechnology in some hellhole college in northern Israel. I get to playing Thief only when I get back home at weekends (here up north I hve internet access, but not a computer cpable of running Thief).

My favorite T1 OM is THC, in T2 it's a close call between Blood, Blackmail and Life of the Party. My favorit FM is The Inverted Manse (I love undead missions!), and my favorite System Shock 2 deck is Medsci. I'm currently working on a Shock2 FM, and once it will be finished I might try my hand in T2 dromeding.
    Modeller and project leader of the Citadel Conversion Project.
    In his house at R'lyeh dead Cthulhu waits dreaming

Can't believe I've missed this one for so long.

Anyway, my name is Craig, I'm 32. I currently am in the Air Force Reserve, and I've been activated to active duty status until ?????? Normally I'm a truck driver. I live in Salt Lake City, Utah.
    I just got back 2 weeks ago from the middle east.
    Here are some pictures : http://www.466diamondback.com/

I've been playing Thief, Thief II, and trying to DromEd since like 1999.
    DromEd never was nice to me
    Anyways, I've been on the boards forever it seems. I lurked for about 5 months before joining
    My favorite orginal Thief 1 mission is Lord Baffords. I can't help it, I just love playing that mission. I also like Assassins a lot too. When I bought Thief Gold last year for the first time, I fell in love with Thieves Guild.

My favorite Thief 2 mission is Masks. Lots of places to sneak and hide.
    My favorite fan mission is probably Calendra's Legacy. I also liked The Order of the Vine, Lord Edmund Entertains, and The Vigil a lot.

Hi to all. My real name is Bruce. Droluk is a rather obscure nickname. I'm 52, married with two stepchildren. I'm a partime teacher and househusband. I live in the beautiful little town of Ashland in southern Oregon.
    I love Thief but generally play RPG's and TBS games. Probably other middle-age gamers have the same problem with me--no one I know shares my love of computer games.
    I love these forums--people are genuinely kind and helpful. And I love the FM's--it blows my mind that people put so much work into a creation and then offer them to us all. I feel touched that the creators have shared their world with me.
    My favorite fm so far has been 'Crom's Blade.' I found the cathedral in 'Insurrection' to be totally staggering.
    And I don't have cats.

Originally posted by Devilock
    oh gawd....

I see your point HIT , but to avoid being called Devil OCK ( can't you just "C" what that could lead to .... ) I've chosen the sig I use.

Bonus points: Can anyone identify the source of my handle?

lock
    It's a drink only served on Bourbon Street.

John

btw I'm John and I live in Houston, Texas, USA. I'm single & 35 years old and was born in Austin. I first acquired Thief when I bought a sound card several years ago. It came with the TDP version. I've always wondered why no one has written a motion script to make the AI cops skip while chasing Garrett. Anyway I first started pc gaming with Rats Revenge on an old Tandy computer that had no floppy drives but loaded from a cassette tape. From then I played King's Quest series, Doom, Heretic 1 & 2, Hexen, Quake, Half Hife, C & C series, and I still have some wad files I made for Heretic 1. Occastionally I play Flight Simulator when I need to relax.

My home page is http://www.geocities.com/john9818a/index.html

My favorite OM from Thief 1: Song of the Caverns - Where is the hermit?

THief 2: First City Bank

FM: Too many good missions to list.

John

Anyway I first started pc gaming with Rats Revenge on an old Tandy computer that had no floppy drives but loaded from a cassette tape.
    Oh man! I remember that! The old Commodore PET!! Cassette tapes! I had forgotten about the STONE AGE! They have better graphics on business billboards now!
    Oh, that takes me back....

The Tandy belong to the high school I went to. In '83 we bought a Compaq portable, and to answer lizanneh's question about Prodigy, yes I used on our Compaq two-floppy no hard drive pc. I've been trying to get away from AOL.

I had AOL.
    Later I cancelled AOL and went to Road Runner.
    AOL bought Time Warner who provides Road Runner here.
    I use Netscape.
    AOL bought Netscape.
    I work at a retail store, and now we offer AOL internet service.

I don't think anyone in this world is capable of screaming loudly enough.

It's ok. I can still

John

The World will know of me when the times comes...

Hi, my name is John, and I'm a kleptomaniac.

I love rooves, but my footing is awfully unsteady on tilted ones.

I sold my power cutters, so no more bikes for me... didn't have anywhere to put them anyway.

Let's see... Oh, I'm going to Uni this fall. Finally I get out of this hellhole.

WOW, I'm really impressed with the diverse group of people around here. It really makes me happy, I had no idea girls played video games, never mind girls over 50! What a wonderful day this is.

Anyways, I'm 20, and a guy. Not much else to say.

Shouldn't there be some kind of huge poll to ascertain the average age and sex of taffers frequenting the Thief boards? It would have a whole lot of options though.. All the way from 8 or 9 into the 80s? We'd want it to be accurate.. None of that 25-40 crap for TTLG! It's a thought. Also, what about plotting every taffer's approximate location on a world map? I'm sure there'd be dots in every geographical area . If only we could have some annual meeting/get-together somewhere.. Hey, it works for a MUD I used to be heavily involved in (still have 7 or so characters stored there but too lazy to exp ;p) and some of the people who play it are all over the world. We could have a meeting for America, others for England, Germany, Norway, etc.. Or maybe split it up even more if there are enough in a certain area. My dream of meeting others with the same obsession will never be fulfilled will it? If worse comes to worse, I guess I could get desperate and drive to Utah to Komag and Purah ..

I already posted about myself I think.. A few pages back probably.

deadman.
    "I cannot see anything admirable in stupidity, injustice and sheer incompetence in high places, and there is too much of all three in the present administration." -M.M.Kaye, The Far Pavilions

Yeah! Let`s have one BIG party!

Page 6 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101116212631364146 ... LastLast