TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Yes, I am a bit slow... just found these

Oh damn those are good graphics. That for Deus Ex 2?
    Ugh if only my computer would be able to play that. If I severly overclock it than I might be able to.

I'm not sure, but I don't think I had seen them either!

And for reporting them, you win Eternal fame and fortune. Thanks! These shots are damned high-resolution!

Previously Important
    New aug interface is sweeeeeet, yessir.

BR796164
    Hey Eberon, thank you!
    Frankly, I wasn't much "in" about DX2 development and found them by pure accident...
    Thought this might be old stuff already.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but this is relatively old news. Those, and other screenshots, can be found at the official DX2 site. http://www.deusex2.com/

Originally posted by Deiyen
    Those, and other screenshots, can be found at the official DX2 site. http://www.deusex2.com/
    Hehe, oh well! Thanks for letting me know. They're definitely new to me :P

BR796164

I knew it, I am slow...

I could be wrong, but those DeuxEx2-site screenshots seem, oh I dunno, 1/5th the size of the ones BR796164 posted... Of course, there might be an enlarge option there that I am missing.
    Last edited by Uncia; 6th Jun 2002 at 08:18.
    Glory to the pipe, for it is the holy symbol of perfection in its lead simplicity! ...until you find a Sparq 10 minutes later.

..::get System Shock 1::..

Lol, yes, simply click the small picture and a new window with the enlarged one will pop up.

And don't worry BR796164. All the news goes on in the other forum. You just brought info into this one, making tens of new people happy about DX2.

Lol, these have been up for ages. You'd think after all the news at e3 and promises of better quality releases after e3 you might just stop to check out the Deus Ex 2 forums from time to time .

Notice the visibility gem.

I take it you know about the deus ex video?

Lol, now now Chade, don't kick the happy people out of their homes. But I agree, you guys should check out the DX2 forums.

I also say visibility gem=

And I hope you people do know about the video... If not, go look for it. It's worth it.

BR796164
    Originally posted by Deiyen
    But I agree, you guys should check out the DX2 forums.
    Which ones do you mean - deus-ex.org, or those at planetdeusex.com?

Cuz' despite the promises of ISA about the official DX (and Thief3) forums, I wasn't able to find any neither on their site, nor at DX2 site...

I only regret seeing the DE2 video a day after the Doom3 one. DE2 looks amazing, but... The bitter aftertaste remains. *giggle*

Then again, DE2 will probably not require as much raw power as Doom3. My current system is scared.
    Glory to the pipe, for it is the holy symbol of perfection in its lead simplicity! ...until you find a Sparq 10 minutes later.

Ehhh, sorry. I meant DX2 forums as in... TTLG DX2 forums. http://www.ttlg.com/forums/forumdisp...s=&forumid=102

Uncia, remember that the actual video quality of the DX video was pretty shocking, especially compared to the DOom 3 one. Deus Ex 2 will look a lot better on screen.

Yep, I know. But the thing that irks be with both of those is, that game engines are slowly beginning to look like begginer renderings. Semi low polygon, low-res bumpmaps, a ton of textures that have their Specular levels up way too high... And huge lenseflares've been a trademark of FPS games since Unreal.

A strange feeling, let's hope it doesn't resurface during gameplay. *g*

BR796164
    Yum, I like lensflares... It's Unreal engine afterall!

But I still think that the hugest lensflares were in Aliens versus Predator 1.
    (Yes, I rarely play FPSs)

/wipes excessive drool

now i know i'll never be able to run it.