TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Sisterhood of Azura Part 1 - Estheridge (13 Jun. 2002)

I'm a big fan of your missions Ben Hur , keep them coming .

yes yes!

I haven't finished the mission yet but it's nice and challenging and as I said before, I really like the story. So keep em coming!

Helen M.

Thanks for that vote of inspiration Nightwalker.
    The main reason for me redoing the Hashishans was I was stumped after doing the 2 back halls of the Azura mansion. I have a notebook full of notes and plot lines for pt 2 and 3, ( ok , the only thing the notebooks got in it is Aunt Aggies birthday )
    doing this last mission has left me somewhat peeved as this is the practise run for Azura part 2 rying out new things.
    I thought the HV2 would be finished by now but
    I've been trying out no kill objectives and making the 3 difficulties different from each other, with dromed crashing a lot it's becoming a bit, er, most annoyingly difficult
    ( was easier with the plain old hack n slash ! ).
    I'm starting college in 3 weeks so I won't have the time as much as I've had before.

Cheers
    Ben Hur

School has to come first, of course, but we're a patient lot. Just drop us little tidbits every once and awhile and we'll happily wait as long as it takes for you to finish the mission.

stuck again

Hey Ben Hur (or anyone),

Sometimes I can't tell if I'm just motor control challenged, if I'm doing something wrong, or if there's something wrong with the game. OK here's my stuckness.

spoiler:
    I'm at the end of some street and up high I can see a wooden thingabop sticking out. I attach a vine arrow to it, and climb up, but find I can't mantle the wooden thingamabop. I can't break the window and jump in there, either. It's one of those windows with criss crossy stripes.

On to the next window. That, I can break, but I can't climb in---it's too small.

Is it me, is there another way in there, what??? I have a feeling I might find that little rascal Joshua in there and I really want to get in!

Thanks

Helen M.

spoiler:
    You are in the lane behind King Street I take it.
    Have you been in Lord Wilson's flat and found the 2 secrets ?
    I think not if that windows still there !!

Ben Hur

hmm

It has been a few days since I was in that place and I don't remember how many of those I found. I remember something... I will check again. Thanks for the hint!

Helen M.

I can't find either of the secrets in Lord Wilson's ... I see the lighter colored square in the kitchen, but can't figure out what makes it open up. I'm finding this mission to be very confusing. I keep expecting to find a change in objectives as I gather more information, but that is not the case.

square in kitchen

I think I pressed that a coupla times. Not sure if anything happened. I heard a noise like a coke machine maybe?

What do you find confusing about this mission? My only confusions come from

--secrets being more important to the plot than usual
    --no clues about where I can kill old Josh (hoping to stumble across him)

Looking for a Keeper ... this reminds me of a mission I played twice some time ago. I sneak into a Keeper compound filled with rogue keepers ... they're all hard to see and/or invisible just like Garrett. That was a great mission!

Game on,

Helen M.

spoiler:
    Have a look in the closet across from the kitchen

arg!

This is one example of me being a silly gamer!

spoiler:
    That frelling closet! I have been in there about three times looking around---and saw nothing! I am blind over here! Arg!

As usual, thanks for the tip. I haven't been back "in" yet. Waiting for dark :-p

Helen M.

Glennicus - Originally Azura was going to be one big giant level of humungous proportions, but, by the time I'd got round to doing the Big House it was apparant
    that it would have to be split over a couple of levels.
    By the time you get to the Mansion ( end objective) you should really hate the Azura, the mechs, the murders.....
    Which sets the mood for Part 2
    ( plus I didn't know how to do new objectives at the time )

Cheers
    Ben Hur

What confused me was the conflicting objectives. For example, going to the Tipple Burrick was one of the last things I did after cleaning out the rest of the town -- consequently, I encountered documentation discussing the "raid" on the inn that had happened earlier, but actually hadn't happened yet because I hadn't been there. Also, there did not seem to be any purpose -- stated in the objective -- in going to the inn, but in hindsight, it seems implied that the purpose was to meet Sara, whom is not there. So, that makes the "Find Sara" objective clear, but, really, it should have been a new objective after we discover that she was no longer at the inn. It just seems to me that this mission is supposed to have a linear narration, but it doesn't because of the way the objectives were structured -- and I'm usually much more interested in a mission with a good (and unique or novel) narrative technique than anything else. That's not to say I'm not having any fun with this one ...

This is new:

DOH! Ben Hur, I wrote the above before I saw your recent post (didn't realize we'd gone to two pages). I hope I don't sound too negative up there ... my critique is a result of my failure to attempt a completion of the objectives in order. I do not have -- or ever will -- any ability to create a mission, or understanding of how it is done, but I imagine that it would be easier to put up a gate blocking off of the starting area, with a key to that gate in the inn, forcing dumb players -- like myself -- to go in the inn first, rather than putting "new objectives" into the mission. What I like the best about this mission is that I don't feel like a loser for not ghosting it ...
    Last edited by glennicus; 7th Aug 2002 at 22:14.

raid

The thing with the raid is, they don't attack you unless you go behind the bar. And the first time I went in there, I didn't go behind the bar. I came back later with my 7 magic gas arrows and had me a good time. :-p

Helen M.

My turn...

Well, my turn from some questions - I'm rather stuck.

I found the Eye.

I found Sara.

spoiler:
    Dead, from two Mechanists. I took care of them and wandered that new part of the city. Found the open window with the overhanging piece of wood, climbed a rope arrow to find myself back at the Lord's place. I've already found both secretes in the mansion.

Where the HECK is Joshua (I think I recall his name right)? There one person left standing in town, even with all of the re-spawning. He's standing by an open window, and he's got a wall of inpenetrable something saving him from my arrows.

I've wandered around a bit in the Sisterhood, stopping before the room with the two guards and the cannon because I just can't figure out how I'm to get past them.

I managed to escape the Church with my life after my little teleporting adventure in the tomb.

I'm out of gas arrows and tired of having to kill guards to get past them (I prefer to sneak up and blackjack). Is the only entrance to the main Cathedral through the front doors? I can't find any other way, although I have a key to the back.

Thanks for any help

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

spoiler:
    He's in the library with a green sword, you have to kill him not just gas him

Thanks, Ben Hur. I blackjacked that guy a LONG time ago.

How about getting in to the Cathedral?

spoiler:
    I found the little dead end tunnel at the east end of the moat. And I managed to take out the guard in the front entrance only to find that the next set of doors lights up but appears to be otherwise unfrobbable. I managed to finally get rid of the guys with the cannon, AGAIN to find that it's another dead end. I even went back to the jail cells, the last place of awake people left, and blackjacked everyone there, including the folks in the cells. No dice. Grrrr... Help?

Thanks!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Ahhh... nevermind. After taking care of Joshua, it simply ended when I returned to the entryway.

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

roannok,

When you go in the bar and come back out there are more cops on the streets than there were before. One is standing near the front door, so you can't go out that way, and there are several more in the back so you can't climb out the windows. It doesn't matter if you don't go into the bar until your other objectives are complete and you have taken care of everyone else in the city -- they appear out of nowhere. It's a really cool effect, too.

oh yeah

I used an invisibility potion to get past them.

Hey Melissa, how did you kill old Josh? I had knocked him out also, but now I'm going to go back and drop him on the campfire. That's how I got rid of the two guys who were after Sarah. I didn't want her to wake up with them in the room, so I carried them out and dumped them on that fire. Ha ha.

Helen M.

Killing Josh: one whack with the sword took care of it

Guards attacking Sarah: How did you stop them?!
    Your mileage may vary

saving sarah

Well, I had gone through it once before and been killed, so this was on the quick "reload." I ran in, not sneaking, with my gas arrows ready. I threw open the door and got them one, two, fast as I could. That left her standing on the bed.

Isn't this a wonderfully violent little mission? I love reloading and trying different tactics.

I've just finished this mission for the first time. Very well done!

A couple of things.

I ducked under the bar in full shadow in the pub and let the cops and the citizens fight it out -- reloaded and then the citizens won. From then on all I had to do was lure the bad guys back inside the pub where my trusty thief alter ego finished them off. I'd run in along the right side of the roulette table and then between the table and the back wall. The AI chasing didn't seem to think they could fit there so they'd just stand looking at me with their backs to the stairs and my thief pal came up the stairs and wacked them from behind. They wouldn't even take their eyes off me while being hacked to pieces. The only damage I actually inflicted was killing Joshua. I kept thinking maybe there was a way to lure him out too but roped out above the table so he couldn't get out. I may try this later. Causing a fight between AI is a Ghost bust but I worked it for all it was worth anyway.

Still haven't figured a way to pick the operator archer's quiver on the cannon. Neither could I turn the cannon off. What's the button in the office just before the cannon do?

Thanks a bunch, Ben Hur. That's a couple of nights worth and I'll likely go back in and try some other things. Well done! I had a great time. Thanks again.

I won The Sisterhood of Azuna

I've gotten pretty far, but now I have to find a backdoor to the mansion where the Sisterhood is situated.

I have the key, but I have no bloody idea where the door is.

Can anyone help me?

Last edited by Taffergirl; 15th Mar 2003 at 13:50.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast