TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 FM Brainchild by Sperry - 18-06-2002.

T1 FM Brainchild by Sperry - 18-06-2002.

I just found this while I was cleaning up my comp! Download it right away and open it with your newest DarkLoader! Thief: Brainchild . Tell me what you think
    Last edited by Sperry; 7th Oct 2010 at 05:50. Reason: change title

"This page is not available" ???

damn geocities... again. well, the address is right. I guess we'll just have to wait...

Thanks, this one works... ...Do you yahoo...

...it remains me at System Shock ... any hint, what I have to do or how I get out? I'm allways falling in a deep, deep hole....I can't find another way..

falling into a deep hole? hmmm... could you be more specific? is that hole found after a long tunnel?

...there is a room with 2 Zombies, in a room nearby is a little hole in the ground, I go down, than came a long tunnel with this big hole at the end. But I didn't found another way.....have I anything missed?

Downloading now why don't you upload your FM to Cheap Fan Missions Download Sperry
    Tell the rest there's things been stolen

in the long tunnel...
    spoiler:
    look for hidden doors on the left

Thiefmissions.com

I'd have it up at my site if I could ever download it, but the bandwidth cap on the site is just way too low. Folks, if you want your mission distributed, you need to either upload it directly to me or give me a link before telling everyone about it.
    - J<

alright, I sent it to cheap thief missions downloads . It should be up for grabs soon.

Thiefmissions.com

Last edited by epithumia; 15th Jan 2003 at 15:30.
    - J<

Wow.. I just downloaded it and started playing, and all I have to say is "IT"S F*#KING EXCELLENT!" heh It's maybe a bit dark and hard on the eyes, but really cool.. Love the menus... It sort of reminds me of the first level of Unreal at the moment.. Everyone should download this now!

Well, I'm off to play some more.. Just had to come here and read that hint about the long tunnel 'cause I was stuck there too...

I think this is way cool! I wouldn't mind to see some more of this kind of
    FM's,just for a change,even they do not fit very well in the Thief universe...
    But they are interesting.

(now some smartass would say "go and get yourself a copy of Half-Life!" Well,
    don't bother,I've got it ,played it and got bored with it.
    Years ago.)

Re: Announcement!

Originally posted by Sperry
    Tell me what you think
    Just to reiterate the obvious: This rocks! Somehow reminds me of Doom.. Honestly, this probably ties for me with Ranstall Keep in the "incredibly atmospheric/spooky/horror department but not quite in the Thief universe" department.. And I've just played it for a few minutes! Feel lucky taffer! Tis not an easy thing to do to one such as me! ^_~ I look forward to finishing it.. And, just to push my luck: Is there a sequel in the development? (If I'm right in assuming this is your 'brainchild' *snicker* that is) Or perhaps a conversion to Thief II? Golly, I love the dark, almost black and white atmosphere (like the aforementioned Ranstall Keep!). Nice

deadman.

P.S. You should submit for Thief-The Circle's rating!

Im lost, I dont know what to do, I found some guards and a couple of mages that are on speed and nigh invunrable to a mine that I found.

But very creepy, but nearly impossible to see anything.

Originally posted by Spanker
    Im lost, I dont know what to do, I found some guards and a couple of mages that are on speed and nigh invunrable to a mine that I found.

But very creepy, but nearly impossible to see anything.
    I found them too! Suddenly after jumping all that way (wonderful concept btw!) I found myself in a room with tons of guards and two mages *gulp* and no weapons! .. Hmm.. Wonder where you found that mine

deadman.

spoiler:
    The room with the guards and mages is to throw you off track. There's a difficult jump you need to pass in order to advance.

Okay, I'm still stuck in the long tunnel that heads towards the pit:

spoiler:
    I found a locked grating on the right and the 2 secret doors on the left...one with bones and the other with an open treasure chest and one of those generator switch box things, which doesn't appear to have any function seeing as how the levers don't move. Each room has a door which is locked...so I couldn't open them, obviously. I spent quite a while looking around and couldn't find any keys or switches for the doors or new areas to head towards, and those rooms are so dark I actually had to stop playing because trying to see was giving me a headache (I even turned the gamma all the way up and explored it in trippy neon just to give my eyes a break)...

So, can anyone help me out? (NOTE: The locations of any flashlights or lanterns would be very helpful information... No, really..there have to be lights somewhere in the mission, right? heh)

Originally posted by fornever
    Okay, I'm still stuck in the long tunnel that heads towards the pit:
    spoiler:
    There is a room nearby the generator, the ground is uneven. In this room is a ladder, which is very hard to see, go up and you will find a death Zombie, and a key beside. The Key open the door in the room with the bones.
    I hope it helpes you.
    I like this mission, it's no usual Thief-mission, more like System Shock or Half-Life. But it's to dark. I'm stucked in the room with the guards, and will try it later again...

Originally posted by Christine
    I'm stucked in the room with the guards, and will try it later again...
    Read Sperry's hint in response to my post =P
    deadman.

EDIT: I keep hearing about this so-called "System Shock" game. Never played it. Maybe I should give it a go.................................... Nah!

Thanks Christine... I had actually been in that room looking for ladders and stuff before, but it was so dark I would never have known there was a ladder there if you hadn't told me... So I made it a bit further...then got lost/stuck/whatever and gave up again due to eye strain..heh

Sperry, if you ever decide to update this mission or release a new one along the same lines, I really think that using those "motion sensor lights" from The Lost City to make it a fairly well-lit mission would maintain the vibe of the mission (you'd still have darkness all around in the distance..and the lights coming on and making that sound would actually work well with the whole sci-fi thing you have going on) while making it A LOT less frustrating.. I'm actually about ready to give up just because the darkness is annoying the hell out of me and really straining my eyes....

Oh, and is there any particular story to this mission? Is the goal just to get to the end?? Just curious since we all just sort of started out blindly without a readme or any goals or info as far as I can tell....

Originally posted by fornever
    Sperry, if you ever decide to update this mission or release a new one along the same lines, I really think that using those "motion sensor lights" from The Lost City to make it a fairly well-lit mission would maintain the vibe of the mission (you'd still have darkness all around in the distance..and the lights coming on and making that sound would actually work well with the whole sci-fi thing you have going on) while making it A LOT less frustrating.. I'm actually about ready to give up just because the darkness is annoying the hell out of me and really straining my eyes....

Oh, and is there any particular story to this mission? Is the goal just to get to the end?? Just curious since we all just sort of started out blindly without a readme or any goals or info as far as I can tell....
    The complete void of light in certain (well, most) spots hasn't really affected my eyes in a negative way. Dunno.. Mabe it's just my video card (nvidia tnt2) or how I play Thief (in total darkness, preferrebly after the sun has set so as to avoid glare, although I have window blinds in the room). Either way, sometimes it can get a big tricky with the above reality (the rooms with the spiders, a few other spots), but for the most part I'm ok with absolutely black patches. I think it would be potentially neat to use motion sensor lights as you mentioned, but it might ruin part of the atmosphere of it (i.e. it's supposed to be scary, mysterious and hard to see.. you know, when you're immersed in total darkness every little thing could scare you cos you don't know what it is).. If it causes eyestrain I think one just has to cope with it. Or perhaps your gamma setting is messed up? Too bad there aren't flares to be found

As for the goal, I believe it is to escape from this place, wherever and whatever it may be. Upon re-examination it actually reminds me of The Matrix when they show those giant plants where humans are 'grown' to produce energy for the evil AI .. It looks as though Garrett, by some technical malfunction, has found his way outside the tank that created him (or he was floating lifeless in) and now is just wandering around, wondering who he is, where the hell he is, and how to get out. It might explain some of the questions we have.. Plus, look at all those other tanks.. More things like Garrett.. Perhaps some weird genetic experiment or secret operation to create an army of clones (seen Star Wars too many times!). Too bad we can't see in any of the other "bacta" ( ) tanks; it would look neat to look at all those Garrett's. Honestly though, these are just guesses, and I'm sure I'm far from close. One other neat thing I've noticed:
    spoiler:
    remember when you fall in that tunnel (and walking on a non-metallic surface for the first time) and can continue walking until you see a hole in which you can fall to your death? Carefully look at those other openings.. That part really reminds me of The Matrix.. You know, when Neo is sucked throught that tube and falls in that pool and rescued by the "claws of life" operated by Morpheus and crew? Kind of seems like that. Basically where all the junk ends up, right at the bottom..
    .. Hmm, my imagination runs off too much. Sorry bout that

deadman.

Well, I downoaded it but everytime I open up darkloader an erroe message comes up saying that it's an "invalid Zip archive".
    Anyone have any idea what that means? I have the same problem with Spider Caves, I'd really like to play both of them but neither one works.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast