TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Contest 3 Missions are Released!!!

Contest 3 Missions are Released!!!

There are 16 Contest 3 Missions for you to download and play and vote on! Go at it!!!

By the way, here is a list of the Authors (in no particular order)

-Bukary
    -Komag
    -Yametha
    -THEthief
    -Cypher628
    -telliamed
    -Spitter
    -ChangelingJane
    -CookieDough
    -William the Taffer
    -Darkfire
    -Yandros

Obviously some folks made more than one mission!

(by the way, Jason, feel free to grab them and put them up at your place - same goes for any other hosts as well )
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

I downloaded them all, except the last one, Old Comrades, Old Friends. The link was broken for that one. I'll get it later when you've figured out what's wrong.

I LOVE these contests! I'm going to be busy this weekend playing these!

Are we allowed to try to guess who did what?
    I have a fairly good idea who did "Mind Master", the author of which forgot to include the gamesys.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Downloading right now but what NightWalker said i cannot download Old Comrades, Old Friends as well

Komag do you whats wrong with the download link

Last edited by Komag; 13th Jul 2002 at 02:06.

Got it! Thanks, Silver Sorrow.

Ah, man!

Completing Calendra's Cistern and Calendra's Legacy back to back was supposed to be the grand finale for my playing of all known FM's and then I was going to take a break from Thief for a while (I've owned Half Life for about 5 months now and haven't even installed it yet!)

Now in the time it took me to play the Calendras, the contest missions and 2 other FM's have come out. Time to get my Thief face back on.

Night's Recourse is somewhat William-the-Tafferesque.

The link at the Keep for Old Comrades is correct now (I changed the mission file name on the server). Hope you all enjoy :-)

And Yametha, I contacted that author that left out the game.sys for Mind Master - the correct file is uploaded now!

So, to all of you, please RE-DOWNLOAD Mind Master now There are a couple other missions that have a some little troubles, a couple with the objectives, but they work as far as I know. But go ahead and report and further problems here and I'll try to get things sorted out as fast as possible.

And oh yeah, you can guess at the authors all you want - that's part of the fun! Just don't give any big spoilers if you actually KNOW some of them or ARE them!
    Last edited by Komag; 13th Jul 2002 at 02:04.
    The Keep for Thief 1 and 2 FMs, Shadowdark for Thief 3 and Dark Mod FMs

Originally posted by Komag
    I contacted that author that left out the game.sys for Mind Master - the correct file is uploaded now!
    Translation: You kicked yourself, recompiled the zip file and uploaded a replacement.

I was pretty sure it was you before, but now the speediness of the fix has made me certain.

5 hours speedy? This is getting interesting already!

Yes, it's rather speedy considering the usual delay.

Gone, but never forgotten
    I downloaded them all

Me too
    A big thanks for everyone involved, I'm sure I will enjoy atleast the majority of these Fan Missions.
    Unfortunaly I can't play them right now, since I just sold my old slow Duron 850 CPU, waiting for a shiny new AMD XP 2000+

A whole bunch of new FM's. I'm in Thief heaven!!
    I've downloaded them all, and am playing Eastwater Bank. Has anyone finished it, because i'm stuck?

spoiler:
    I've made it inside the bank, and have been inside the account's office. In the office is a note saying there is a spare key, has anyone found it? I can't seem to get past this point. Any help?

Thanks,

You're doing much better than I am on this one, dreamer. I'm stuck earlier than that!
    spoiler:
    I've found the little lever outside and gotten into the secret place with the ladder up. I can SEE the other secret door at the top, but I can't find the trigger.
    I know I'm probably going to kick myself, when I find out what I'm missing, but I'm tired of looking. Help??

I'm stuck on the other bank mission, FCB&T Annex and:

spoiler:
    I can't get the vault open, but I have been everywhere I can think of and gotten 1 key, flipped all the switches I could find, but the vault won't open.

I've only got just a handful left to play, and so far one mission really stands out. I hope I don't run into any more excellent ones (! !) It's always tough enough trying to decide a winner, and if too many are topnotch, it's just that much harder!

sweetness!

Wow, most of these authors are new, so I'm expecting some cool new ideas and missions!
    Too bad I'm going on vacation for a week. Oh well, I'll play them all when I get back. Until then I must wait in great anticipation.

Now Yametha, how do we know YOU didn't make Mind Master and you're not just playing a little game with Komag to fool us all!?

I can help with FCBT & Trust, Hit Deity.

spoiler:
    There's a control box in the basement, like the one in the Bank mission in Thief 2. It's around the back of the metal machine thing that is close to the big robot. You have to play with the buttons to get a green light.

To the author of MIND MASTER.

Theres something wrong with this great looking mission.
    I tried to play this in THIEF game mode and the circles on the table had no colours (only brown-grey).
    But when I opened the mission in DromEd everything was OK (there were yellow, green, red colours)...
    Am I the only one that has this problem?
    If not, maybe the author could somehow fix (and Komag upload) it so that we could fully enjoy his work...

Eastwater bank:

spoiler:
    the second secret door, the switch is: if you turn around on the ladder so you are facing the direction of the 1st secret door, it is in the VERY FAR left-hand corner of the ceiling. otherwise, i am also stuck with getting to the accountant's office and and have gotten tired of looking.

How am I supposed to get near that thing?!?! (I was too chicken to investigate any closer! )

(I know I'm a terrible taffer... don't tell anyone or my reputation will be ruined! )

Anybody play The Fireshadow's Barrow? It won't start for me. I get a message that says "GayleSaver's custom scripts are required for this mission. Please install them, then try again."

Thanks, raetsal! I'll go look again. I would have sworn I'd gone over that entire area carefully, but I knew I HAD to be missing something I shouldn't.

Hit Deity, there's a light switch. Look for the power cable.

If you read the darkloader screen of the Fireshadow's Barrow, the first sentence says that you need the scripts to play it. I haven't tried to figure out how to do it yet. I may need to yell for help, as I have absolutely no idea how to do any of this stuff unless it's laid out for me, step by step. We'll see!

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast