TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Curiosity T2 FM - July, 2002

Curiosity T2 FM - July, 2002

My first ever release FM, Curiosity, has been released and is now on the keep. It is a fun 20-30 minutes of taffing.

Be warned, this is my first mission so wasn't exactly designed for your benefit as much as for mine. This was mostly a learning experience for me so I can learn DromEd.

This does contain a few things that I think you might enjoy (I don't want to give too much away).

Enjoy!

Oh and sorry Norman Druart, I guess you have one more to play before you are through with all the FM's.
    (A)bort (R)etry (I)nfluence with large hammer.

Demonreaver

Sounds like fun, where's the link to the file?

It's available at The Keep . I can't believe that all these missions came out at once. Not only the contest missions, but several more besides. I'll look forward to giving this one a try as soon as I possible can, demonreaver!

Thiefmissions.com

- J<

Something wrong with the female thug on the ship just outside the seagate, and garrett(or a local thief) is unkillable in the mission

I found that too, but i still really liked this mission! How much loot is there Deamonreaver? I managed to find 2414 but can't get to the statistics screen to find out.

How does the mission end. I have fiund the secret entrance.

But it is very good. Especially the hospital and the dolls

Cool ! Immortality ! D'ont fix it though ; its great

To finish the mission:

spoiler:
    Go down the little street by the Fire Guild, there is a secret torch lever at the end.

Have any of you found the
    spoiler:
    secret closet in Garrett's house?

Originally posted by fak:
    Something wrong with the female thug on the ship just outside the seagate, and garrett(or a local thief) is unkillable in the mission
    What do you mean? I know I need more light there but it would increase the polys over the limit. Where is this immortal thief at?

Originally posted by madwolf:
    Cool ! Immortality ! D'ont fix it though ; its great
    DOH! I thought I put in the VictoryCheck script!!!!!!!! Maybe I zipped the wrong version?

What did everyone think of the clinic and the museum?

Demonreaver

Yes, my brother found the secret room. But water arrows are missing. But the junk keys were a good idea.

I have used the secret lever but nothing happened. What is wrong?

The clinic was good, especially the part with Truart.

The musem was fantastic. I liked the different steps from the old to the well-knwon watcher.

Yes, the secret objective will tick off but the game doesn't seem to end. I thought I was a shame there weren't more objectives, especially a loot one, I felt I was wandering around aimless until I found the secret entrance.
    spoiler:
    I liked the operation to remove arrows !

Originally posted by demonweaver:

Originally posted by fak:

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you mean? I know I need more light there but it would increase the polys over the limit. Where is this immortal thief at?
    - The game crashes once I "interact" with that woman on the ship
    - The unkillable thief is the player
    And I like knocking out the wounded guard and put out the arrow

The problem is I don't think that the script VictoryCheck is not on the starting point. That makes the game not end and the player not die.

The water arrows are on the top shelf, you have to jump to see them. LOL! I tricked someone! J/K

I think I will release a new and improved one soon! This version should have that female pirate fixed and the objectives fixed. I'll add a couple things in too!

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

This mission held my attention for almost an hour; pretty good for a beta version.

Demonreaver, keep at it. I think you have a real flair for creative construction. I especially liked the observatory and the toys in the sandbox.

Demonreaver this is a great Fm you made considering its your first FM and in beta version

please release a improved version soon

I eager to take the potions from the hospital

I will be releasing a fixed version of Curiosity soon. I don't know when epithumia and Komag will put them up but I will put a link up when they do.

The fixed version will include more AIs and a new loot objective. I couldn't fix the sound problem with the river due to some strange crashes that occur everytime I try so you will just have to live with it I guess. Sorry. But Garrett will no longer be invunerable and you can knockout the pirate girl without the game crashing.

Demonreaver

For a Beta, this was excellent

Demonreaver,

Nice job on this fm. I originally didn't do any reading on this one so I had no idea that it was a beta. I really like the originality. I can tell you need more work with Dromed from playing, but your atmosphere and creativity are right on the money. Great work. I look forward to fixed version. BTW, Moss arrows didn't work for me they just stuck in the dock and could be retrieved.
    The problem is choice...

demonreaver, any reason you didn't just do a regular beta test? Just get 5 to 10 people to sign up, you give them the beta mission to play with the requirement that they give you feedback on it. I can guarantee that you would get better feedback (quality and quantity) from 5 enthusiastic beta testers than from this thread, where dozens of people will play but only a 5 or 6 will respond.

Not only that, but publically releasing the beta means that alot of people that played it won't bother to play the final version (because they're bored with it, they got frustrated with a bug in the beta, or they didn't realize the previous release wasn't finished).

Just some tips for next time.

The reason I didn't do a private beta was because I was getting burned out so I rushed it out of my hair. Now that I see it I know that I should have done it another way. This is what happens when I try to do something.

Demonreaver

Curiosity

I believe that I have encountered a bug in Curiosity. On the opposite side of the river there is a play being performed (very nice, btw) and I cannot enter or go around the stage area. I can see clearly that there is a major area beyond this invisible wall I have encountered, but cannot get there. When I use my sword against this invisible wall it sounds as if I am successfully breaking down a wooden door, but I still cannot pass. Is this a bug? And can I still find the secret entrance without going that way?

It's a feature, not a bug.

The open-air theatre is my favorite part of this mission, but it is purely decorative. Just keep walking.

Thanks, telliamed. There is a lot of interesting visuals in this mission, but I think the open air theatre is the best. I was actually hoping this was a bug, though, becuase I've been everywhere else. Except for a small square that appears to be a door (but I can't find what opens it) in the factory near one of the docks, I have no idea where the entrance could be.

Please Help

I've been back into this mission twice and I just can't figure it out -- where is the secret entrance?

Like I said, just keep walking. And when you've walked as far as you can go down that street...

spoiler:
    ... There's a frobbable torch on the wall at the end of the alley.

It would have been cool if the radio station was functional, though. I was kinda disappointed that there wasn't anything interesting to listen too. I guess the RIAA exists in the City too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast