TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerite's Brutality

Thiefmissions.com

Hammerite's Brutality

A new Thief 2 fan mission has arrived: Hammerite's Brutality by T. Nagy Levente.

Grab it while it's hot: http://thief.math.uh.edu/missions/
    - J<

Gone, but never forgotten
    Downloading now

I've got everything done except setting one prisoner free.
    spoiler:
    I've unlocked the only door I can in the cells, but the pagan inside won't come out. I tried BJing him and carried him out with me, but that didn't work, either.
    What am I missing?

is it normal to feel this giddy when you hear a new user map is released?

/me rushes to download....

Thanks to a little help from diana, I've finished the mission. It's really a very nice effort. Fun to play and not too long. Good job!

How do you get past the pathologically violent guard in this one?
    The slightest noise and he comes in and knocks the living daylights out of me, even through the locked door if I'm so much as halfway up the steps. His key also seems to be superglued to his belt.
    The one time I managed to get past him, at the cost of most of my health, I did 20 lengths of the corridor with him breathing down my neck then the novelty wore off.

I didn't have any problems with that part. I removed the grate, waited until he was close enough to pick the key (use "lean forward" to get close enough) and then unlocked the door and went the other direction from his patrol route, when he was at the far end. There are lots of shadows to hide in, though I really DID wish a few moss arrows had been included with the equipment. He never alerted at all. Just make sure he doesn't hear or see you. Then, he'll be on first alert and will notice when you try to pick his key. Maybe that's what's happening to you.

Distant Quasar

Are we still talking about Thief?

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    I've got everything done except setting one prisoner free.
    spoiler:
    I've unlocked the only door I can in the cells, but the pagan inside won't come out. I tried BJing him and carried him out with me, but that didn't work, either.
    What am I missing?
    Nightwalker, if someone was "BJing" me, I probably wouldn't want to leave either!!!!

Turns out had the wrong person, anyways!

Right religion, wrong sex.

hmm, i seem to be stuck in the same boat as nightwalker was. i've done all the other stuff except set a prisoner free. any ideas?

You're probably making the same mistake as I did and assuming it's one of the prisoners in the cells where you start out. It's not.
    spoiler:
    There's a room where you find a switch hidden behind a banner. It opens a door down the hallway past the forge, that wasn't open before. Go look around in there.

ahh right - i remember the door now, and i wondered what was behind it.

thanks

I have a key that doesn't seem to open anything, although there are three doors that I would love to unlock -- one near the entrance, one near the large statue, and one connected to the two rooms with all the machinery. I believe I have slashed every banner there is, but have not found a switch behind any of them, either. What am I missing?

I,m stuck at the same place as you. I can't find the key to the three doors and I can't find eny swich behind eny banner.

Me too!
    Can't find any switch behind a banner. Can't find the key for the three doors. I'm gonna blackjack myself HELP!!!!!!!!!
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

Not to frustrate you more but ....

There are doors that frob but make no noise and do not enter into game play.

The door next to the statue is very important though.

spoiler:
    The key is red/rose gold and you get it off a Hammerite.

Did you climb the ladder up to the attic room? You have to
    spoiler:
    go through the door up there to another section of the building to get the first key. The door up in the attic can be tricky to get open. I had to bash it a couple of times with the hammer that's lying on the floor. I don't know exactly what made it work, but it eventually opened and you go through to a second attic room and down another ladder.

Thank you, Nightwalker and diana50322. I think I have to buy new glasses:

spoiler:
    I searched the hammerite in the room with the lady two or three times without finding that key.

Many thanks for the hints

The most important

Oh,

I've forgotten to mention that I enjoyed playing this mission very much. And if any other FM-Builder is reading this:

You are all GREAT (I repeat: G R E A T) with feeding me/us with all that cool FMs and spending all those hours in front of the screen for me/us. I admire you all

I replayed this mission again last night. It's a very fun mission and I'd like to say "Thank you" to the author. Since you've elected not to give us any contact info, I hope you're reading these posts! Good work!
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Aug 2002 at 20:38.

Thiefmissions.com

I collected the comments from this thread yesterday morning and forwarded them to the author. So far I haven't heard back from him.
    - J<

I very, very hapy!!!!!!!!

Many thanks for you!!

(all thaffers ,who play my mission)

TNL
    (T.Nagy Levente)

I am SO glad you decided to post! Thank you so much for the lovely, fun mission.

Thiefmissions.com

This morning I found a message from the author containing a map showing the level and where the loot is; I put it up in my archive as a hints page. So visit http://thief.math.uh.edu/missions/?search=hambrt1eng#m and click on the "H" to see it, or (why not) just click here: http://thief.math.uh.edu/hints/hambrt1eng.html
    - J<

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast