TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Last Stand

Thiefmissions.com

Last Stand

I just put up a new mission, Last Stand by Dark_Sneaker (Jacob Mikkelsen). Get it while it's hot: http://thief.math.uh.edu/missions

August is certainly shaping up to be a good month!
    - J<

How to go on?

I downloaded the FM yesterday, but got stucked after a few minutes.

spoiler:
    I found the key to the 'mask-room' and went from the mask room to that little jail. There is a cell which I can't open. But I can't find any key for it.

Any hints?
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

spoiler:
    check under the table near the cell door.

I'm stuck farther on. I've been through the mansion and I'm apparently missing a key?
    spoiler:
    There's a bookcase upstairs that lights up and clicks, so it must unlock with a key. There's also a door up here that requires a key. There was a hint that a spare key was hidden somewhere, but I can't find it.
    Help?

Hi Nightwalker!

spoiler:
    Have a close look at the bookcase on the left.

I really liked this mission, it was great fun!
    Well done Dark_Sneaker!

Thanks, dreamer! I would have sworn I had, but maybe I need new glasses!! LOL!

spoiler:
    Must have been that book that you have to frobb twice that through you off N.W.

I have taken care of the Captain but have not found the horn (though I swear I can hear it) nor have I found enough loot to complete the misson. I'm about 200 short.
    Also there is a floor safe in the bank and a hatch on the ship that I can't find a switch or key for.

Any ideas?

Hi diana50322,

the hatch on the ship you can open

spoiler:
    with a small switch on the back of the light which is in a deadend (with the guard) behind the cargo-room.

The floorsafe in the bank you can open

spoiler:
    by frobbing a lever behind one of the tables. You have to jump on it and lean forward to see it.

Hope I could help. I'm short of nearly 200 loot, too. Anyway this is a cool mission with strange design.
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

Finally done, thanks the dreamer! I can help you with your problems, diana.

The floor safe in the bank -
    spoiler:
    Find the note on one of the desks that says the person has something saved in a secret place. Look behind that desk for a lever. That opens the safe by the other desk.

The Horn -
    spoiler:
    Go into the cargo storage marked with #2, through it, down the passageway and all the way down to the very end of the last passageway, where you'll see a tall torch stand. Look on the back of the stand for a lever. That opens a safe cover on the deck of the ship, way up at the point in front.

Loot -
    spoiler:
    I think the hardest thing to find is a necklace sitting on a fireplace mantle. It's in the first office, after you go through the secret door from the shop where you get the equipment on the shelves. There is also 250g. in nuggets right near the very end. Have you been there yet?

Thank you, Dark_Sneaker, for a terrific first mission! I had a great time with it.

Well, thanks for the nice words about my mission

Thanks Dinksmallwood and Nightwalker!!!

I really should have found that. And I did get new glasses!

I had to get the
    spoiler:
    nuggets
    and then go back for the horn so the game wouldn't end before I got it all and still I am short 255g of the total. Well at least I finished the mission. I like to try to find the max loot but seldom do.

Oh and a bit of extra fun ... break the glass by the front doors of the bank (?) and mantle up into "town" and have a walk around. You can go right through the buildings.

I cant seem to get past the mansion part near what I presume is the beginning of the level

spoiler:
    I have the run of the mansion having KOd everyone but cant find a way to proceed. Why does the walkway on the third floor light up ? Is this significant ?

So far this is a great looking mission, much kudos to dark_sneaker.

steelman -
    spoiler:
    It sounds like you've gotten the key to the Mechanist facility, gone across the metal walkway (that's the one that lights up, right?) and into the room where you find the weapons. Go up into the attic and look for a coathook on the side of the telescope stand. It opens a secret door behind the counter downstairs.

Most of the plot can be seen from one of the servants wiew, on the 2nd floor of the townhouse/mansion there is a red book beside one of the beds. The mechanist place is dedicated to be a millitary ministry

I finished this one last night.

Some feedback:

Good story, but the English translations need work.

You have to frob the book TWICE to open the bookcase. The first time I didn't think to frob it twice, so I just beat it open. Ditto for the door that goes to the "mechanist place". You can just beat it open.

Lots of little bugs where objects were inside of other objects. I missed the diamond on the captain's desk because it was not visible from most angles because it was inside the desk. Ditto for every object in that room full of pedestals.

Double thumbs down for the switch mounted on the torch. It's not even logical to think that a switch on land would open something on a boat.

Thanks for a really fun FM Dark_Sneaker . I had no problem with this one untill the very end , I can't find a way out . I have a tendancy to press every button and move every lever I come across , maybe I closed off my exit ?

No, the exit doesn't close, at least I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
    spoiler:
    Board the boat, cross it and jump to the platform on the far side. Explore the left hand wall for a doorway. It's hard to see until you're almost on top of it.

Once again , thanks Nightwalker .