TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Taffer's Tower

Taffer's Tower

I think there was a thread regarding this mission and where to find some vine arrows. I can't find the thread. Can anyone tell me where it is?

Where do I find these arrows?

Thanks,

Burrick

e-mail: taffer@tstar.net

Look in a tree close to where you start.

Taffer's Tower

Thanks for the direction, Nightwalker. Vine arrow found.

I have unlocked the front door in the tower. The objectives now require me to find everything and put them in the tower. There are already things in the tower. I guess these are not them. What am I supposed to get? Are they outside? Where are they?

Thanks,

Burrick

e-mail: Taffer@tstar.net

If you can pick it up, you should bring it to the Tower.

I have just uploaded an update to this mission. There have been a few minor changes to alleviate problems that some people had. As well, a list of tips and hints is now provided with the mission, answering most questions and revealing everything you need to know to complete the mission.

Please download the update from http://snow.prohosting.com/tomfool/thief/missions.shtml

About that speed potion that's supposed to be in the tower...

???

-Theef

An old friend from T1/G has stolen it. He hides in one of the I beams holding up the top story and balcony. Climb the steel cables.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

taffer's tower

This has got to be one of the enigmatic missions I've encountered so far.

I cannot find, before I go into the tower, anything I'm supposed to 'get' at all.

Perhaps flares? I don't know. I've looked around but am unable to find anything else. Other than trying to go through that underwater tunnel where whenever I've tried that, I've drowned, I cannot find _anything_ to get to put into this tower.

Can anyone clue me into, before I go into the tower, what I'm supposed to get and where these things are?

Or I'm supposed to go out of the tower after I've unlocked it, to get these things? The doors of the tower do not open when they are unlocked. How does one go out of the tower after unlocking the doors?

I would certainly appreciate any such clues.

Thanks

Burrick

e-mail: taffer@tstar.net

Have you played around with the vine arrow, yet?

spoiler:
    I've shot a few vine arrows at the front of the tower, and I've been able to climb up as far as the first metal platform. From there, I'm unable to find anything to sink an arrow into.

Am I after a red herring, here, or...?

Theef

BANNED
    Did you get the magic box device?
    1. Aim up
    2. Make box while aiming up
    3. Box will land on Garrets head (OUCHIES!), pick up box
    4. Drop box
    5. Fast after step 4, jump, you will land on the box
    6. Repeat

P.S. 'Using' magic box device creates a box

Yep. Been there, done that. Just built a "Stairway To Heaven" with those boxes. Still don't see the point. I could have gotten here a whole lot easier with the little red button out front.

-Theef

If you are still playing the original (2002-08-08) version, please get the new one. It's up at my site or Cheap Thief.

You can also read the hints list online.

That's about as high as you can go with vines, Theef. There's a few grates higher up but they're mostly for decoration.

OK,

So I've climbed to the top using the boxes. Bloody hard work, that. Tell me there's more to this mission than climbing and re-climbing the tower just to put stuff inside, because I don't see any other way to get things in here. The red button isn't going to do it, as I understand it.

-Theef

Well, not impossible. Just fiendishly difficult.

Broadhead, fire, and moss arrows can be used to activate buttons.
    In the time it takes for an arrow to be emitted and strike the button, you have barely enough time to reach down and grab something. It's a little easier with fire arrows since they move slowly.

BANNED
    wheres the basketball and the will 'o wisp?

Make it to the other side of the tunnel and you'll find out.

-Theef

Since I'm making my way back to old missions I never did, I tried this one out. I don't know if it's covered in another thread about it, but when I open the door, my game ends. There are no other objectives popping up for me. I'm very disappointed. Am I doing something wrong? I've played on both easiest and hardest and both times my game ends. On the easiest level, I swam through the water and made it to the other side and survived. Can't do it on hard, at least without the possibility of the speed potion, which I found later on. I figured there was no point in doing the other side if I can't figure out why my game is not working correctly. Any help?

Phil