TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Karras' Diary Sept/2002

Karras' Diary Sept/2002

Here you go Taffers
    Enjoy
    Only took a day to upload
    I have the Builders patience on my side!
    Author of Thief2 Objects List v1, 2 & 3, Thief Book Wizard, Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co author Mixed Messages

Gone, but never forgotten
    Downloading now

Thorin, your mission is great!

But I have two questions:

spoiler:
    I can't find a way to open the secret safe in warehouse B

spoiler:
    I used a gear on the basement lock of warehouse A and the lock seemed to open, but I still can't open the door

Erluk:

spoiler:
    for secret switch to open safe in warehouse B look high really high, beside beam.

My problem is i cant find that stinkin diary yet, been many times over the map, somehow this loot hunt i managed to miss alot but know a couple of spots where i left something, only hints as to diary please, i know the map pretty well now. any way to get into the doors in bank inside the bank that is, wont highlight but still anything behind it like maybe a vault. if not oh well, must be missing something big,

Hello wild_inferno9,

the diary you find

spoiler:
    in the huge graveyard-tunnel-room (with the bones of the foreman). Look for a hidden button in one of the pillars.

I hope this may help you. And I hope this hint is right cos up to now I've only played the beta-version.
    Last edited by Dinksmallwood; 1st Feb 2003 at 18:21.
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

wild_inferno:
    Thanks, I missed that switch. By the way, Dinksmallwood is right about the diary.

Dinksmallwood:
    How long did it take you to translate all the texts? Looks like an impressive ammount of work.

PS: Hast Du das wörtlich übersetzt? build time == Schaffensdauer und so?

Originally posted by Erluk

spoiler:
    I used a gear on the basement lock of warehouse A and the lock seemed to open, but I still can't open the door
    spoiler:
    Both the Warehouse A & Bank gears work on ordinary doors within their respective buildings as well. In the case of Warehouse A you need to go the 'highway' again ... I wasn't able to find anything of value in the that part of the warehouse so if you do please let me know. As for the bank ... its a bank.

Fabulous mission Thorin and excellent story line and sequel to Theif II. HURT ME mode can be really tough when you're walking around without weapons for a couple of hours. Yeah, didn't pick up on the obvious.

Cool puzzles, spider, rope tricks and hideaway for the sword. How were you able to make the 'machine' spark fire effects? As usual I missed one of the secrets and came up short on total loot. Got killed several times, would have been nice to have at least one noisemaker (or was this one of the things I missed) but still had a tremendous time.
    Last edited by DreamWalker; 1st Sep 2002 at 20:46.

Hallo Erluk,

ich hoffe, ich störe den Thread nicht so sehr, wenn ich jetzt in deutsch antworte. Das ist zu so später Stunde etwas einfacher

Ja, Du hast recht, es war ein ganz schöner Batzen an Arbeit, die Texte zu übersetzen. Als ich Thorin in diesem Forum kennenlernte, erwähnte er, er baue gerade an seiner neuen FM. Und da habe ich ganz lapidar (und sehr naiv ) angeboten, seine Books zu übersetzen, ohne zu ahnen, daß solche brillianten Texte dahinterstecken. Als Thorin mir die englischen Books mailte, habe ich zuerst gedacht, ich bekomme einen Herzinfarkt. Ich dachte, ich hätte nie englisch gelernt, weil ich all dieses altertümliche Englisch las. Nun, als ich den ersten Schock überwunden hatte und weil ich auch nicht gleich das Handtuch werfen wollte, habe ich mich schlau gemacht, wie dieses Altenglisch funktioniert. Teilweise habe ich die Sätze Wort für Wort übersetzen müssen, dann geguckt, was da in deutsch steht und dann versucht, herauszufinden, was da nun stehen soll Das war manchmal nicht ganz einfach, da ich die Texte übersetzt habe, bevor ich die Beta-Version der FM hatte.
    Mit einer reinen Wort-für-Wort-Übersetzung ist man bei solchen Texten spätestens ab dem 2. Satz hoffnungslos verloren. Allein die ganzen deutschen Synonyme für englische Redewendungen... puhh.
    Nun - lange Rede, kurzer Sinn: Ich habe noch nie in so kurzer Zeit so viel englisch gelernt
    Und ich hoffe, euch deutschen Taffern gefallen die Texte

Mit 'Schaffenszeit' meinst Du wohl den Part in der Info-Readme? Ich habe mehrere Versionen von dieser Datei mit deutscher Übersetzung an Thorin geschickt, daher wußte ich bis jetzt gar nicht, welche er benutzt hat. Ich finde Schaffenszeit klingt bei einer FM wesentlich besser als z. B. die Direktübersetzung 'Bauzeit'. Gerade habe ich versucht, mir die endgültige Fassung der FM zu downloaden - bei 85 % ist mein PC zusammengebrochen Das Leben kann soo unfair sein.
    Jetzt bin ich stinkig und gehe ins Bett - schmollen
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

well i been playing on hurt me, found weapons realtively early, lol, helps when you find the easter egg . however was only able to locate 2806 out of 5500, now why is that, where oh where did thorin stash all this loot. oh well i give ya for design and story, liked the hammer look, lol. thanks for direction on diary i musta passed that button about 50 times. all objectives met except for the loot requirement.

Near the closed gates in the graveyard area, cover by vines, is a lock, which I haven't been ably to open? Any purpose to it?

ANd wild inferno, judging by your loot amount you probably never made it inside the hotel, get on the wall in the back yard to Karras' house, and look at all the windows on the building, one of them is openable.
    spoiler:
    Also in the bank, beside one of the tables, is a hidden switch (I'd tell which one, but then that would spoil the fun, plus if I had to look, so should everyone)!

My loot total so far is 4720, still too short of the minimum 5500, anyone else had better luck with finding all the loot?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 1st Sep 2002 at 22:54.

Originally posted by Auriga2us
    Near the closed gates in the graveyard area, cover by vines, is a lock, which I haven't been ably to open? Any purpose to it? ... (I'd tell which one, but then that would spoil the fun, plus if I had to look, so should everyone)!
    Same goes for what opens that lock ... except you won't find it until after you accomplish the
    spoiler:
    diary objective

Could any of you brilliant taffers help me out? i am stuck in the first part of the mission. I cant get into the bank. I went through the sewers and i am swimming in the canal behind the transmutation building, but i cant climb out. I looked around and have no idea what to do next.

Climbing out is possible, and that's what you should continue trying to do, try different areas if necessary. Don't worry about the bank yet, there are many other things to do, and you haven't even really started the mission. Be patient.

It's tricky climbing out of there, for some reason. Try mantling out almost directly behind the guard that is standing there.

Dream walker I did specify the location,
    spoiler:
    as being by a desk, (with only 4-5 desk in the bank, it doesn't take a genius to find it)
    the least you could have done was name the general location of the key. I hope its not bug that I can't find it, there was something recently posted on the Cheap Mission site about a "fix" that needed to be downloaded if you downloaded the big file? It kept giving me an error when ever I tried so I just moved on with the game?

Auriga2us, could you please be a little more careful about revealing specific details in your posts? This is a brand new mission and it would be a shame to reveal everything and spoil the fun for everyone.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 1st Sep 2002 at 23:33.

Auriga2us -
    spoiler:
    Once you've put the diary in place, go downstairs and look on the table to the right at the bottom. There should be a gear there, plus a note.

Thiefmissions.com

The fix was jist to fix the patrol points of a bot near the bank that gets stuck behind a pillar. Nothing earth shattering. Sorry to those who tried to download miss20.zip and couldn't; I fixed that a bit ago. Also, currently both the single zipfile and the split version have the fix incorporated.
    - J<

I am very confused, what do I need a charge for considering I have no fire arrows to explode it with???

What charge?? I don't see a reference to one above. If I can help clarify anything for you, feel free to send me a PM. I betatested this mission and I'm quite a way through on the final release, so I'm fairly familiar with it.

spoiler:
    When I get the key to the gate in the grave yard after getting the diary on the stand, behind one of the statues is a button, which opens a door to a lava room, inside the chest ia a charge ( a huge mine used to blow up door and stuff, like in the cathedral mission in Thief 1 where you get the eye and need to blow open the door at the end)? I don't know what to do next, since the gate closed behind me and there is nothing to do?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 2nd Sep 2002 at 00:04.

Auriga2us, PLEASE use spoiler cover for the details about the mission! I didn't realize how far into the mission you were, which I why I was confused about your problem.

spoiler:
    There are fire arrows in the room behind one of the other doors. There is also a passageway behind a third door that ends in a locked door that you can't open. Try using the charge to open it. The gate out of this area will open again if you just walk up to it, by the way.

How do I open the other doors, since they are still closed, and I don't have any fire arrows? Are there more secret buttons somewhere?
    Last edited by Auriga2us; 2nd Sep 2002 at 00:25.

Auriga2us
    spoiler:
    open the other 2 the same way you opened the one to get access to the charge

You're on the right track, its just that this mission doesn't end like most do. You get to have some fun on the way.

Incidently, the info I give you earlier was a hint.

But I have no more arrows!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hits head against wall*

Ouch, I heard that one, Auriga2us
    spoiler:
    check the bottom of the pillars in the statue room and you should find what you need

Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast