TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: TH-Layerthorpe.... new level

TH-Layerthorpe.... new level

ok its still in buliding stages but soon to be released. so first off i need a few testers one that can help me with BSP holes and things and a few others for online testing. the pics on my site show early stages and has no skybox so thats my it looks so dark/ no sky. the level came from a part of my town where they have a music fair a great historic area and all kinds a cool bulidings and streams.

click here for PICs

i didnt show you much but i think youll like the full level i worked hard on it

if your up for the testin part drop me a line at xenomorph1@msn.com
    Last edited by grand mufti; 4th Sep 2002 at 14:36.

32.jpg looks a bit strange. There is this uge street in between it. Thats the only thing that doesnt look nice. I hope you get it released.

Looks great!

Originally posted by Omega
    32.jpg looks a bit strange. There is this uge street in between it. Thats the only thing that doesnt look nice. I hope you get it released.
    Jeah, I would add gutters or something. Maybe some sewer drainages or potholes. Just to make it look less empty.

As for the rest, it looks nice.

The pics all look good, but how does it play? What are the map objectives? Is there sufficient loot that the thieves don't have to get it ALL? Are there any far-too-easy-to-guard strategic pinchpoints? Is there sufficient shadow, or can it be made with water arrows? Are there enough torches to relight? Is the loot not so spread out that it's impossible to guard it? Any secret areas to keep it interesting for longer?

When it comes time, I'd love to help playtest the map, though. It looks really nice from the pics. Just hope I don't spend all my playtest time just sightseeing....

aaa ok these were early shots so no the uge street as you put it omgea is not there lol
    -=V12US=-.. the street was cleaned up and has all kinds of goodies
    LaughingRat.. all your questions will be answered in about a weel ill e mail you if you still want to test for me i dont want give away to much thats y i only showed a few screeenys and didt say much but i will say this its goin to be a hard level for thiefs and secret areas well theirs more then you can shake a blackjack at lol

Looks fun, I'd be happy to help test it if you need me.

The shooting range should be fun, it'll give me something to do while I wait for the stupid taffers (other than the classic "toss the corpse" game).

I would love to see your pics but BJU has all Tripod pages blocked.

that fux the house.

I don't like the last pic (7.jpg). It looks so empty. If you need me for finding bugs in your map or to test it I'm ready.

hey i can help you test it out anytime..i am working on a map right now myslef

Me and King of Thieves (AKA Lantern-Spirit) are making one too.

I won't reveal much of it...

As the level is still alpha, it's not quite ready yet.

Don't worry, we'll try to release the screenies soon.

all i have for my map is a damn layout drawn and a skybox ........... ..damn school eating away all my time > : (

=D

Im currently working on a map as well, all i can say is its going to be in favor of the guards.

I loved the look of it, but I think the entrance to the castle (?) should be more of an arch rather then just a rectangular hole. Apart from that, it looks great

Just my tuppence worth.

looks cool. all I can say is remember to make it easy enough to hide in the exit zones. I hate it when I have to keep dodging guards (or get killed) inside the exit area while waiting for the rest of my team to show up.