TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: T1 FM Payback...Stuck

T1 FM Payback...Stuck

Revisiting a few FM's I never quite finished. (How I played 98% of them in less than one year is still a mystery to me...guess I kinda like this game)

Stuck in Payback. I've gotten to the place where you get weapons and cleaned out this area via the blackjack. Found a passage behind a painting but can't go any farther. I've climbed a ladder and tried the 'ol jump/grab/mantle to no avail. Can't seem to jump far enough to grab hold.

Suggestions

feeling not so

SlyFoxx

So you've found the passageway behind the painting in the Art Gallery and climbed the ladder to the loft? If that's where you are, I'm afraid all I can tell you is that the jump to the beam can be done. It's not as far as it looks. Maybe you're trying too hard and slipping off the edge of the platform just as you jump?

Hummm OK. I'm usually pretty good at jumping and knowing just when the last possible moment to leap has come. I'll just hafta give 'er 'nuther go.

feeling a bit more but not as as I'd like to feel.

SlyFoxx

ppayback

ok found weapons found secret passage jumped the beam (easier seems to me standing looking straight at the left side of the beam and looking slightly upwards) shot the guard as suggested but then what? am trying to shove my way through into the room but am obviously too fat!!

You can't actually get into that room. All you need to do is kill the nobleman in the room with a broadhead and then leave this section the same way you got in. Then exit the mansion and the mission will end.

payback

well thanks for that - not sure its worth the bother but I like to finish a mission at least.

Sheesh! 8 years later - and I sound extremely dismissive. My apologies. What happened to my capital letters? Someone must have nicked them.
    Last edited by nickie; 30th Mar 2011 at 13:15.

Thank you so much. I will try that. I did the jump once but it seemed so far I didn't try again.

i'm also stuck i've got the hey from the bottom asylum, what now? it doesn't open any of the cells down there 'cus it wont even highlight them and i've tried all cells in cell block 1 and the asylum on the second floor. i can't even get into cell block 2 and the key doesn't open it.

I'm going to load up a save and see if I can remember what you need to do next.

Edit: You can't get into Cell block 2 through the door in the torture room. If you've got the key, then you've been on the elevator, right? You need to ride it all the way to the top floor to get to Cell Block 2.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 30th Mar 2011 at 14:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I'm going to load up a save and see if I can remember what you need to do next.

Edit: You can't get into Cell block 2 through the door in the torture room. If you've got the key, then you've been on the elevator, right? You need to ride it all the way to the top floor to get to Cell Block 2.
    the torture room is the top floor, i can't get further up than that. maybe i have an outdated version of the mission?

There's a lever in one of the side rooms off of the torture room that opens a set of gates that leads to an elevator.

yes i know that i have the cell key from the bottom floor and it seems the elevator can only take me to the torture room and the two asylums beneath it. what i'm wondering is how to get into cell block 2. are you saying there's another elevator?

I'm sorry. I seem to have been confused myself! I went back and checked and what you are missing is the cell block key There's a door in the same corner as the door that leads to the Commandant's office. Go through it, through the next door and into a hallway where 3 Mechanists are standing. One of them is wearing the key you need. Sorry for the misdirection.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 2nd Apr 2011 at 16:10.

yes i found it now, a well hidden key thank you for the help. and you mean hammerites and not mechanists right?

I was obviously having a very stupid day! Of course, I meant Hammerites.