TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: makiko

makiko

I bet a lot of people shy away from the Japanese fan missions because they can't understand the objectives, but those people are really missing out on good stuff. For instance, this new Makiko fm by jis is fun. I figured out what the player is supposed to do - kill some unarmed lady. Sounds evil? Easy? An ordinary task? No way! The mission gives you plenty of weapons (by the hundreds), but the guards are nearly immortal. I estimate that it takes about 200 frogbeast explosions to kill one guard. You do not have any weapons to KO oppenents, just weapons of destruction. This was a really odd challenge, since it breaks you away from the traditional Lytha challenge. It was a load of fun though.

So what you are saying is that the mission isn't ghostable? Hmmmmm...challenging, eh?
    How about a link to the download?

You can get it at www.keepofmetalandgold.com

Ok, Xious. I took your advice and played this one. I have laughed my butt off.

I stayed in the shadows at the beginning and threw a frog beast egg. I got the attention of 4 people and contined the throw eggs one at a time until 200 eggs later 3 of them dropped. Everytime a frog exploded thay would all yell in unison. It sounded like I was at some strange sporting event. Thanks for bringing this one to our attention. I haven't laughed that hard in a while.

I have some great screenshots of glitches that occured. I managed to get the "lady" on the central tower to fall off and eventually end up on the lowest level with full run of the palce AND ME! I also got one of the archers off his tower, then he would fire arrows at the frog beasts and explode them in his face. No accounting for brains, aye?

Yeah, this is another one of those weird unique little missions. I think it would have been better with a few hundred explosive devices, though.

Strange little mission this is indeed. Haven't quite figured out a good strategy yet. I wonder if there is a good spot to run to where I can leisurely attack everyone? After reading the first post here I at least know what to do now!

Hmm no wonder they are tough to kill. She has 5000 hitpoints and the rest I checked have about half.

fyi, the English translation of this FM's objective is here:

Makiko

Objectives:
    (1) Auntie Makiko is in the central tower. Make sure her soul rests in peace.

[this is roughly the literal translation, with the same ambiguity as to whether she's evil and you're supposed to kill her, or she's actually a really nice, dead lady whose soul you want to rest in peace. My bet would be the former.]

Thanks demaagogue, that was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue
    Objectives:
    (1) Auntie Makiko is in the central tower. Make sure her soul rests in peace.

[this is roughly the literal translation, with the same ambiguity as to whether she's evil and you're supposed to kill her, or she's actually a really nice, dead lady whose soul you want to rest in peace. My bet would be the former.]
    That would just be hilarious if JIS were super-cheeky by saying "make sure her soul rests in peace", as in, "Soldier... Engage the enemy over there... Make sure he has the best funeral money can buy, God rest his soul!" .. Err, not sure that came off right, but I'll just laugh by myself if that's the case .

Now I've gotta download this...

A break from the action

I just played for nearly 19 minutes and the tedium nearly drove me insane! I had to take a break and come here. On the other hand, while hiding under the stairs waiting for my prey, the chorus music I heard was strangly innocuous. I nearly fell asleep. Not a good idea in the heat of battle.

I was trying to edit the damage of the frog eggs but could'nt find the property. Anyone who knows?

I attempted this earlier without knowing what to do, and after hitting a guy with about 100 Fire Arrows, decided it was unwinable, or that I was missing something. Now that I know, I think I will go back to what I was doing:

1) I used invisibility to get to the top tower where the woman is (whom I now know is Makiko) - I hit her with my sword repeatedly till she fell off the tower.

2) At this point, I am the only one on the tower - no one can get up to me - so my only concerns are the two archers on the towers opposite from me. I can then start shooting fire arrows at them while dodging their arrows - I can then save my game every couple of hits I make undamaged, and then reload as I take damage - I'm sure it'll take forever, but hey, gotta win it somehow!

3) Once I take the archers down, I can kill everyone else from my tower without fear of return fire!

Now I can't wait to get home and try it!!

Edited: Of Course, now that I know the woman on the tower is my target, maybe I'll see if I can simply kill her from the tower without the archers even knowing I'm there (since they didn't attack me until I first attacked them)!

Alright - so, using the Invisiblity potion, you can pretty much just sit there and wail on her with the sword. I gave her a good hundred wacks or so until I accidentally knocked her to the ground - then I went down, hit her with about 50 mines and 50 frogbeasts, then probably about 200 fire arrows - but she's still standing!!! I still have about 130 Invisibility Potions left, but I'm starting to fear she'll still be alive when I get to the end of them - has anyone actually killed her yet? If so, how long and how much ammo? Is any weapon faster than the other? I'm not wasting ammo on anyone else (except those who are standing next to her).

I had to take a break too, cause my hand was going numb!!

yeah, someone cracked into dromed and looked at how much hit-points were given to her, and it was something in the order of 500 or so...

Actually, I don't remember exactly, but do a search on it and you can probably find it.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    I made a dml fix for this weird, but funny mission

DML1

//Fix for Makiko: Kill the aunt

+ObjProp 136 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" TrapSetQVar
    }
    +ObjProp 136 "TrapQVar"
    {
    "" =1:goal_state_0
    }
    +ObjProp 50 "Scripts"
    {
    "Script 0" Trigslain
    }
    +Link 50 136 "ControlDevice"
    {
    }
    save this as miss20.mis.dml (You can paste it in a text editor, save it as miss20.mis.txt and rename it-->miss20.mis.dml, then install the FM with FM-Selector and put the dml into the FM folder)
    Instructions how to install dmls
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145374

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    By the way, from everyone, thank you Unna for what you're doing creating DMLs to fix all these old missions. It's greatly appreciated.

What he said.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Making dmls is fun