TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Lesson Learned

A Lesson Learned

I finally did it! The last 1% was the longest, but it's done and ready for you lot at last. I've uploaded it to Cheap Thief so it should be there soon, but in the meantime you can get it from the link in my signature.

It's a small and simple mission, but I hope you like it. Thanks to MWB and Diana50322, my testers, for their invaluable help. Diana seems to have vanished unfortunately, I hope all is well and she is back here soon.

Anyway, get on with it

Balrog
    (fingers crossed)

Thiefmissions.com

- J<

OOHH! Lovely! I'm downloading it as I type and I'll be playing it right away. Thank you, Balrog!

Gone, but never forgotten
    Downloading now
    Thanks

and I'm stuck!!

where the hell is that bloody switch in the master bedroom to open the secret door?

Master Garrett,

The switch is not far, its....

spoiler:
    under the desk, in the middle

Thank you!!!! great FM by the way...

Well done, I certainly had a fun time playing ye mission.

-Alexius-
    Last edited by Alexius; 24th Sep 2002 at 20:20.

Well, the *only* thing keeping me from ending this on a totally enjoyable note (I did like the mission very much!) was the fact that I'm stuck with only 694 loot and I need 700!! Any clues on where a 6g loot is? *grin*

Good job!
    ~Shaz

Am I the only taffer having trouble playing this one? My poor machine, which wizzes through CL and other big FMs, is choking at around 3 fps. It improved a little after I put everyone to bed, but it is still very clunky. The only place where it runs at normal speed is way over on the side of the town with the alley with the fire escape. I'm suspecting particle issues, unless there's a lot more than the 50 or so AI that I found.

Other than that problem, this is one great little FM, lots of fun. I have a funny story...
    spoiler:
    in the library I knocked out the seated guard. As I was walking away, I started hearing him take damage from something. He had fallen over his table and was being burnt to death with a candle!

Great mission . I'm almost done , I just have to find a way into that open window above the stacked crates on my way back to the room .

Originally posted by Shaz
    Well, the *only* thing keeping me from ending this on a totally enjoyable note (I did like the mission very much!) was the fact that I'm stuck with only 694 loot and I need 700!! Any clues on where a 6g loot is? *grin*

Good job!
    ~Shaz
    I finished but I'm capped out at 726 out of 900 loot and 0 out of 2 secrets. I'll try again after a break.

i knowsies where to those 2 secrets are,
    spoiler:
    firsties look in sewers vary carefully, 2nd looksie in basement of lord house. there is also gold to be foudn in a few buildings in town look high up, yes there are rope arrows that you can find in the mission. i found all loot i know i couldnt frob the gold bottle from gaurd in bar, wouldnt let me have it.
    dunno why game was a bit laggy to play, but oh well. most difficult challenge was to get into that one building where garrett says i dont think i can get up there. lol

Ignatius,

I found that with the guard too one for the bug list! Don't know why it's choppy, on my crappy old pc the town area runs slightly slow until everyone is ko. Everywhere else is fine. There are only 45-50 AIs in total I think, and only a couple of particle effects around. Sorry man...

wild_inferno9, it can be harder getting out than in , easy for me as I know, but not necessarily for everyone else. I'm still learning

Shaz, make sure the
    spoiler:
    kitchen and wine cellar
    are both cleared. Also, the
    spoiler:
    window you need to rope arrow into
    . Also check
    spoiler:
    the lord's bathroom properly
    and
    spoiler:
    under some tables

Hope it helps, and I'm glad everyone seems to like it. Except for the, ahem, features.

The mission ran very well on my computer, which isn't exactly state of the art. I did have problems with it crashing back to windows once or twice in the alley with the window that you can rope arrow up to, but it seemed to be connected to one BJed guard that I'd deposited in there. When I tried to move him, because he was in my way, the game crashed each time, so I just left him where he was. Other than that, it wasn't slow or choppy.

This is a terrific mission! I had a great time exploring the town looking for loot. I still have a bit of searching to do, since I'm a tiny bit short of the total loot available. It's very nicely laid out, with little bits of humour tucked into notes, etc. A definite for this one from me! Thanks, Balrog!

This is one nice mission! I'm not finished, just got into the house, but love it already

Balrog? Isn't that the name of a guy in Street Fighter?
    That was one addictive game, hehe..
    "why be normal when you're happy as crazy?"
    -->My webpage<--

Thanks I found 1 secret,
    spoiler:
    the goblet in the Lord's house
    , I got the first 2 you listed, Balrog- I think I missed the 3rd and probably the 4th, too. After a while I was pretty frustrated (with myself, because I knew I was missing so much) and after being over areas I'd been overy 3 times already I gave up for a bit.

spoiler:
    I'll need to double-check the ledges, the sewers...also, I had trouble picking the purse of the male 'noble?' AI wandering the streets. He had no clue I was there but I had to be literally up against him to pick it.
    . That may have just been me, though.

Thanks!
    ~Shaz

p.s., I'm not sure about Street Fighter, but the Balrog is also a mythical beast, popularized by JRR Tolkein, Dungeons & Dragons, etc.

I just double checked by finding out about Street Fighter characters on the net. I was right, there is a boxer called Balrog there, hehe..
    "why be normal when you're happy as crazy?"
    -->My webpage<--

Originally posted by Shaz
    p.s., I'm not sure about Street Fighter, but the Balrog is also a mythical beast, popularized by JRR Tolkein, Dungeons & Dragons, etc.
    That's the one I had in mind

God knows why it crashed out Nightwalker. Maybe my outdoor area is a bit too much for one one close area.

It could be! I had 3 or 4 "sleeping" guards piled up in that alleyway. It wasn't a big deal, anyway. I just had to leave them be and everything was fine.

I always stashed everyone in the alley behind the inn with no problems, but you can't beat the whole world beta-testing one's level

Big "L" tatooed on forehead

How can this be you ask? I am - count 'em $0.01 short! Anyone want to front it to me? I'm good for it!

Cassee

Sure Cassee - I left you a few coins on the floor of the balcony of the Inn.

Originally posted by Norman Druart
    I finished but I'm capped out at 726 out of 900 loot and 0 out of 2 secrets. I'll try again after a break.
    OK, now I've found both secrets and raised my loot total to 838.

Excellent job Balrog. I hope this is the start of a long and fruitful venture in Dromed.

Evil fun fact : If, from your room window, you shoot the grey-haired woman sitting at the inn's outside table, she slumps over with a slight sound and her companions don't notice she's dead. I could imagine them saying "Granny always said she'd die quietly in her sleep but I don't think this is what she had in mind." Not my usual style but it was such a perfect sniper setup that I couldn't resist.

TY!

I can't figure out where I'm missing - I did find those coins but still missing 1.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast