TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Need help with Bassett's Keep

Need help with Bassett's Keep

My objectives are not showing up and I would like to know what I am SUPPOSED to do. I am not having any trouble navigating I just don't know what I NEED to do. No spoilers, just objectives.

Well, hello Nightwalker...what took you so long?

That's very strange, Shadow Creepr. I'd suggest dumping the mission and redownloading it. There must be something wrong. Anyway, just in case you don't want to do that, the objectives are:

On Easy and Medium:

1. You have heard that Lord Bassett has just bought his wife a new tiara. You'll need it plus any extra loot to get 4000 loot minimum.

2. You managed to lose your sword in a card game. It's rumoured that one of the guards is keeping it as a momento. Do the right thing, take it back.

4. Lord Bassett is trying to help the mechanists start rebuilding work. He has to go down. Take him out.

On Hard, the above objectives, plus:

5. Bassett has acquired a Builder's Chisel, which he plans to sell to the Mechanists. Don't let it happen. Steal it.

6. Once you have completed your objectives, make your way back to the small tunnel.

There you go! Sorry for the delay, but I was actually watching TV instead of playing Thief this evening.

It's odd but the objectives are checking off but there are no words next to the boxes.

I had already found the tiera and the sword but I would have been in trouble on going back to the tunnel if you hadn't told me. I would have been walking around going "what next"?

I don't want to reload because I already have a nice stack of guards I'm working on.

Thank you for your assistance.

Update: O.K. this is wierd. I reloaded another FM, then quit out of it. Reloaded Bassett and NOW the objectives are there.

Alright....who's been messing with my PC...fess up now!
    Last edited by Shadow Creepr; 5th Oct 2002 at 00:05.

I had fun with this game. I missed a secret but I think I know what it was:

spoiler:
    There was a discolored wall of stone in the tower where they were practicing (which was hilarious). I never could find a trigger for the wall but when I came in the back way though the other tower and went up the stairs I found a door. When I opened the door and went down the ladder there was a silver reward and what looked like the other side of the stone door. The only thing is I couldn't get that door to open from either side. I also kept hearing that wicked voice but I never could open his gray door. Was he there for show? He was crazy (mad) sounding!

I give this mission

Wow! Someone playing this old thing again

At the bottom of the tower (Where the haunt sounds are)
    spoiler:
    There is a switch behind a pillar under the stairs. Flip that and go back down the corridor about half way on your left is a secret room.

Thanks for playing Shadow Creepr
    I have the Builders patience on my side!
    Author of Thief2 Objects List v1, 2 & 3, Thief Book Wizard, Bassett's Keep, The Ring, The Game, Karras' Diary, Secret Weapon and co author Mixed Messages

Thanks Thorin but I did find that one and the one in the
    spoiler:
    tower that opens the wall on the walkway.
    It said I found 2 of 3.

Also
    spoiler:
    the door at the end of the corridor where the lock up is , that is the voice of the mad man that I want to know if I can get to him.
    Last edited by Shadow Creepr; 5th Oct 2002 at 09:39.

spoiler:
    Nope, just an empty room with a VOTrap

Shadow Creepr, the trigger for the secret you missed is
    spoiler:
    in the little room the archer stands in, up by the practice area. Look beside the window, top right side, for a tiny lever. It opens the door you saw down below.

Thank you, thank you!

I'm playing on EASY because I like starting there.

So my requirements are :

Get 4000 loot
    Get your sword back <-- check
    Find Basset and Kill him

I've found 2 secrets.....but I can't get into Bassets Room.

I've been to the Keep......where the crazy guy is. Been in 4 of the 5 rooms (one will not unlock) I've gotten my sword

I've gotten... 1136 in loot so far, the tower, keep, and weapon room key, and the builders chisel.

I've gone back and forth but I haven't found anything else to unlock....

Please HELP!

q

spoiler:
    At the top of the stairs up from the basement, turn left down the hallway, past a guard in a guardroom on the right. Follow that hallway to the very end and the door there leads into Lord Bassett's quarters. You need his "spare key" to open it. Have you found it yet?

If you haven't found it yet, it's
    spoiler:
    in one of the secrets. There's a spot where an archer stands overlooking the walkway to the double doors into the main compound. If you look on the wall near the edge of the window opening, there's a tiny lever. It opens a door down in the foundation under the walk to the compound doors. It's not right down at the bottom, but in the level at the top of the first set of stairs up. The key is in there.

OK I need to know....Where is the tierra located at?....no hints please just the location and how to get it...I have done everything else!

Do you mean the tiara that is just loot? If so, then here's a section of an old walkthrough that should help.

The other door out of this room unlocks with “Bassett’s Spare Key” and takes you into another hallway. Pick open the first door on the left and enter a bedroom that seems to belong to Lady Bassett. There’s a diary on the table and a coin, worth 20g. (1356), sitting beside it. At the far end of the hallway is a door that has a sign beside it saying “Lord Bassett’s Private rooms” but for some reason the spare key won’t open the door. It does, however, unlock with the “Keep key”. Inside, you’ll see Lord Bassett walking in and out of the room, as well as a guard Kill him to complete another objective and take the “Lock up” key that he is wearing. There are a bunch of moss arrows in the room to the west, but nothing else of value. Go back down to the Lockup door, use the key to open it, pick open the chest inside and pick up a tiara, worth 3250g.(4606).

There is another tiara. There is an unoccupied building opposite the entrance to the guards' practice area, whose ground floor has a table and apples on the floor. There is a tiara in the attic of that building, but I think the one belonging to Lady Bassett is indeed the one in the lockup room.