TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: Timoteus Oct/02

Timoteus Oct/02

Well, I can finally announce that public version of new Guild's production, Timoteus FM (by Timon), is ready!

Polish fans are already having fun with this FM. But soon you (also) will be able to download its (Polish for now) version from FilePlanet.
    And I will (possibly) try to prepare English translation next month. (There are just sooo many documents in this mission)...
    This huge mission (with lots of puzzles and secrets!) will provide at least three hours of nice gameplay. I hope you'll like it.

Visit the Guild for more info (and screenshots)!
    Last edited by bukary; 5th Oct 2002 at 12:44.

Thiefmissions.com

I sure would like to put it on my site, but since the web server still serves php scripts as application/octet-stream, no web browser I have will view the site beyond the front page.

If someone wants to upload the mission to me, I'll be happy to add it to my archive and save everyone else from the steaming pile of crap that is Fileplanet.
    - J<

Oh yes, Bukary, please please get it into English I would so love to play it as your other mission was terrific! Thanks and Good Hunting!
    It's not how you win, it's how you play the game! HAVE FUN!

Sounds wonderful! I can't wait for the English version!

Yan
    Death's Cold Embrace - Info and screenshots

I'll wait for the english version while I'm waiting for the english version of "L'Arsene."

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Is it impossible to play in the Polish version? I played a German mission (and several Japanese) that had no translations or very poor translations, and was able to complete the mission. Epithumia - I love what you said about FilePlanet - I for one am always happy to wait in line (with a big goofy smile on my face) for the 35 to 45 minutes in order to download any files from the "steaming pile of c$%*".

Originally posted by epithumia
    I sure would like to put it on my site, but since the web server still serves php scripts as application/octet-stream, no web browser I have will view the site beyond the front page.
    Yes, I know that server is misconfigured. We wanted to place the whole site on php server, but... it is forbidden... Therefore we will replace all .php(s) with .html(s) soon... Sorry for all the trouble.

If someone wants to upload the mission to me, I'll be happy to add it to my archive and save everyone else from the steaming pile of crap that is Fileplanet.
    Thanks, epithumia! Here is download adress: http://www.fileplanet.com/dl/dl.asp?...master/tym.zip. It should be active later today. As for the pile of crap: I haven't had any problems with Fileplanet yet (5-10 minutes of waiting only)...

Originally posted by The Fire Eater
    Oh yes, Bukary, please please get it into English I would so love to play it as your other mission was terrific! Thanks and Good Hunting!
    Thanks! But "Timoteus" is not my mission! It was created by other Guild member, Timon... If you like my OCOD and if you like to be scared, you will have to wait for my next project, "The Cartographer's Note"...

Originally posted by Snekay1Kenoby
    Is it impossible to play in the Polish version?
    Well, there are lots of - sometimes - quite difficult puzzles and secrets in this mission, so it will be difficult to play without reading every book and scroll, but... it is possible!

And some screenshots for those of you who have problems with php:

Last edited by bukary; 5th Oct 2002 at 21:58.

Here, here, I am with Norman Druart on this one. I will wait for the English version for this and L'Arsene.
    The problem is choice...

So, instead of putting it on Jason's free & fast website - you'd rather us? :
    Q: What are the requirements for FilePlanet's subscription service?
    A: You'll need:
    Internet Explorer 5.0 or newer, OR Netscape 6.0 or newer (latest version strongly recommended)
    Cookies must be enabled on your browser
    Must not be behind a firewall that prevents connections to secure servers.
    Must have JavaScript enabled on your web browser
    A valid credit card for monthly subscriptions
    Is there some reason why Jason's Cheap Mission's download page shouldn't have the file as well for those of us who don't want to pay $6.95 to play the FM? Sorry to be testy here, but I think it's in the author's best interest to have many places for people to download and play his/her FM and I have never had problem 1 with Jason's site (thanks so much Jason btw...I've never gotten the chance to say thx for all your hard work on the site).

p.s. - I just noticed we're "neighbors" (i.e. Houston) Jason - so if we (Apache & Myself) ever finish our FM "SSDD" - I can just drop a cd off to ya?
    Last edited by Garrettwannabe; 6th Oct 2002 at 00:03.

I agreed with Garrettwannabe that all missions should be free to download either at the TTLG or Cheap Missions Download or The Keep of Metal & Gold. People like me cannot afford to pay $6.95 American to play these fine missions.

Ooppsie...I apologize to the author(s) for their respective games...I apparently wasn't paying close enough attention to the notice about it's release However, Bukary, I still really liked your mission and will look forward to this one (screenies look terrific I might add) from Timon when it does get translated Ta and Good Hunting!

Here's what is says on FilePlanet"

"Do I HAVE to pay to download?
    No. You can still download for free from the "FilePlanet Public Servers" above,"

Originally posted by Garrettwannabe
    Is there some reason why Jason's Cheap Mission's download page shouldn't have the file as well for those of us who don't want to pay $6.95 to play the FM? Sorry to be testy here, but I think it's in the author's best interest to have many places for people to download and play his/her FM and I have never had problem 1 with Jason's site (thanks so much Jason btw...I've never gotten the chance to say thx for all your hard work on the site).
    Oh! I was misunderstood... I hope that Jason will be so kind and allow "Timoteus" to be downloaded form his site. I simply do not have the ability to upload this mission for him.
    And BTW, I did not have to pay for downloading anything from FilePlanet, so I don't understand what do mean by "$6.95"... Is this the price for downloading without waiting?

And some screenshots form Lady Jo:
    http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/...eid=1033907918
    Thank you!

Hi, the $6.95 is for the month. When I want to download a mission from File Planet , my download accelerator starts to download the mission then a screen pops up, asking to open or to resume, I tell it to open then brings me to a page where I can download from 2 different locations. I picked one and then it says that I am not registered. So I started to register and Ive noticed its $6.95 for the month. That is the problem Ive encounter. I just dont want to make a federal case out of it. This is the problem Ive encounter, that's it that's all.

Just to clear things up a bit regarding "file planet downloads"...they offer two types. Private which is a paid for service or Public which is free but long wait times. I also use DAP but it will only let you access one server at their site, not the usual four (I have a 56k and that's my quota for dial-up links) otherwise you can still use it and I do for the sake of resumes So I cancel out Windows downloader proggie if it comes up first and then switch to DAP. So hopefully that is made a bit clearer as to how it works The only registration you are obligated to do is just a general registration to use their site and nothing more is required unless you want to sign up for their special services...i.e. Private download sites or GameSpy Arcade, etc. Ta and Good Hunting!

Thiefmissions.com

Lady Jo was kind enough to upload the file to me.

Sorry about my disparaging remarks about fileplanet, but when I was originally populating my archive, I had to sit watching stupid flash ads for hours trying to get the missions that the TTLG folks couldn't send me. I understand the point behind fileplanet and think it serves a useful purpose, but I often think wistfully of the old days before everything was so commercialized.
    - J<

Sneaky1Kenobi

Pause and resume DL with dial-up

BTW, I have a dial-up connection and I found a FREE DL utility that lets me pause and resume my downloads. It is called GoZilla and you can get either the free version or pay for more stuff at www.gozilla.com

Hope this helps a little for all you slow poke dial-ups like myself........

Bukary, sorry for being a lil testy there & thanks for letting us know about the FM. I personally just hate using FilePlanet and have gotten spoiled by Jason's site I guess.

Thanks again -

FilePlanet's PAY-FOR-SERVICE is meant to trip you up and get you to pay for it, but there's always the free option down the page......

And it got me, too, the first couple of times after they changed that.

This mission looks really good! I'd love to play it, but as for L'Arsene, I'm putting my hopes on an English version of it!

I hope some kind taffer would offer to do the translation!

- Mika L

WARNING!
    Timon is preparing new, better version of "Timoteus" for English-speaking fans (better AI routes and difficulty, improved puzzles etc). It should be ready (with translation) next month. So...if you don't want to play it now... just wait for improved version...

I dont speak Polish but i love a challenging Fm so decided to play. I haven't been disapointed, this is a great and challenging mission!! I've been stuck a few times, but have gotten pretty far, and now i'm stuck. I think i have an objective of
    spoiler:
    finding a notebook

but i've looked everywhere and cant find it.
    spoiler:
    i have a ton of keys(some that are hammers) and been down to the area with the combinations lock and have opened every door i can see

Can anyone help?
    Thanks

p.s completely off the subject, but did u know that Polish is the only word that is pronounced differently if it has a capital letter?? or so i heard polish Polish

Yes, I know that polishing Polish is what I should do every day...
    As for your question:
    spoiler:
    Do you mean a book in the library, ON the bookcases?
    And did you give Timoteus your scroll?
    And did you destroy one of the walls in the basement?
    And did you find the labirynth?
    And did you open secret door in the bathroom?
    And did you get to the secret room with guardians near (in) the library?
    And did you find easter egg (Super-Key that unlocks almost everything)? Even I don't know where it is...

Last edited by bukary; 7th Oct 2002 at 17:23.

Bukary
    spoiler:
    Yes i have given the scroll to Timoteus and then got another objective, which is what im having trouble with. Yes i have found the labryinth, and the book with all the combinations, near the secret in the bathroom. Which wall am i supposed to blow up?Is the library you speak of the one with the circle of glass on the floor that looks into the rooms below? if so i have looked in there and haven't found any book. I did see that the top of the bookcase has a hole in the middle, but i can't see what it would do. I found the secret in the office nearby. I do have a silver key that seems to unlock just about everything, but i cant remember where i got it, there are so many keys in this mission. Check behind all of the furniture, and vases in the rooms that are numbered. Also i have a couple of keys that are numbered 3 and4 and i haven't found a use for them, do you know what they do?

Thanks in advance!