TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Cistern T2 FM Oct/02

The Cistern T2 FM Oct/02

Well, to stop all the head scratching, I have gone back over The Cistern with my trusty iron and smoothed out a number of bumps. The mission is now much more playable and has a new little area to explore. So if you fancy a spot of sewer skulking, you can download (7.48 megs) it here.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 3rd Jan 2009 at 16:43.

Gone, but never forgotten
    Downloading now

I'm liking it, but I can't find the remaining 205 loot to finish obj and How do I get out?
    The problem is choice...

This is a cool short mission, gumdrop

Great architecture and great idea

spoiler:
    with the filling-up water and the loot that appears

Sa'pem, you don't need to get out the cistern. If you've found enough loot and the hand of glory the missions ends.

Do you found the loot

spoiler:
    in the pool near the hand of glory?
    "Don't dream it - be it!"

yes, I found it. I am playing on the hardest difficulty, and I am at 3595 out of 3800 needed. I cleaned out the tombs and the cistern area (I think) I am just hoping I didn't miss something before I dropped down.
    The problem is choice...

Sap'em, I fear you have to replay

I had the same loot-amount at the first try on 'hard'. Then I replayed this mission and found

spoiler:
    a health potion and some loot in a little niche in the 'diving-area' where you have to open all those underwater-gates by underwater levers. When you dive through the last lever-opened gate you first have to go up to breath some air. There are two niches, one empty and one with the potion and loot.

Did you already find that?

I also remember
    spoiler:
    two gold pieces under two crates beneath the ladder to the highest lever in the cistern.
    But I guess you've already found it.

Thank you, Dinksmallwood! I never found that way out, so I missed the loot there, as well. I went out the same way I came in and never found the air hole up above that spot or the loot. I'm restarting from that point.

doh I was afraid that was the case. I think I have a save from before the point where I dropped down. The flooding cistern is something unique to fm's I believe, something Gumdrop should be very proud of.
    The problem is choice...

Great little mission gumdrop!!

I guess I am not the only Tomb Raider AND Thief fan out there.

I about cried when I droped into the tomb and heard Lara's Music.

Now it looks like I will get to hear it again as I go after that missing loot.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Originally posted by diana50322
    I about cried when I droped into the tomb and heard Lara's Music.
    Haha...I about cried (with laughter) when I read your sig!

Here are some more tricky loot locations:

spoiler:
    2 bags of spice in a small room hidden in a corner of the manhole key room to the right of your starting point.

1 purse next to a pile of bones on the edge of the pool that leads to the underwater gates.

1 gem behind the bars in the water pump room where the first Bug Beast patrols.

1 nugget under the first lever after rope-arrowing down into the cistern.

4 scattered coins next to a pile of bones in the cistern gate control room.

1 purse next to the dead Keeper's body in the Bug beast's nest.

1 tiara at the bottom of the pool in the tomb.

Here are the locations of the two secret areas:

spoiler:
    Both are in the tomb section, but you will need a rope arrow to reach them. The first can be accessed by looking under the rim of the pool, the second is over the other side in the South East corner. Look down the sides of the actual tombs themselves.

I hope this helps and thanks for playing.

You're welcome, Nightwalker.

So I hope in the future you won't blackjack me again. My headache is almost gone and I'm still appalled that you caught me with your BJ while I was sooooo distracted with Thorin

Dinky writes on her private list: Don't forget to keep Nightwalker's attack in mind and try to catch her unexpected!

Sorry about the headache, Dinky. I just couldn't help myself!

Next time I'll make sure you don't see me coming!

LOL

Well, next time it should be YOU who don't see ME coming!

At least I hope so

OK, OK, OK, I think we better shake hands and forget about your 'attack of violence'. I can't blackjack you in return ... I will need you for all the FM-hints

How about a hug? We'll be friends and gang up on the guys!

(Dinky opens her arms...)

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    We'll be friends and gang up on the guys!
    Count me in!!!!!!

By the way, I was ROLLING when you two were fighting to kiss Thorin on line!

Done on Hard with 160g. missing from the total loot. I'll have to go back and try to find it sometime, but that's enough for now. This is a very fun mission for something that was only supposed to be an easter egg in another mission, Gummie! I really, really enjoyed it (especially the "flush" lever! LOL!). Thank you so much for doing the extra work to make it a bit more playable for everyone. It's terrific!

back to dial up...

already missing my dsl.. Thanks for the loot list Gumdrop, I really didn't want to restart that mission and now it looks like I won't have too. This is one very nice mission. Are there any more like it in the future?.. (looks hopeful..)
    The problem is choice...

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    Thank you so much for doing the extra work to make it a bit more playable...
    Well I did feel guilty about you poor Taffer's getting stuck. Still not happy with the loot placement though.

Originally posted by Sap'em
    Are there any more like it in the future?
    Yes...But it won't be released for some time yet. You'll have to slug your way through two other missions before you reach it, and when you finally do I would suggest packing a fresh pair of pants!

Oh, and no offence Thorin, but I'd much rather kiss your dog. That's a darn fine looking pooch!

Gummy! You need a girl friend!

Said through megaphone: Step away from the computer and slowly put down the mouse and no one will get hurt. Now close your browser window and open DromEd AND GET BUSY OR WE WILL GIVE YOU SOME UNNECESSARY VENTILATION!
    Last edited by diana50322; 15th Oct 2002 at 10:35.

Gummy! You need a girl friend!
    I have...But it hasn't helped.

The tranquility of the forum is shattered by a horrendous screaching sound. All eyes turn to a woman holding a strange cone shaped object...Then to the man sitting at a table who's ear the device is aimed at.

*Gummie slowly slides out of his chair, looks around, and decides to make a run for it!*

LOL

"Come back here damn it!"

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Heh heh...

Sorry to interrupt the fun here by getting back on topic, but....

I LOVE THIS MISSION!

After Thief, Tomb Raider is my favorite game series of all time (although MOO2 is right up there too.... can't wait for Moo3 to come out), and The Cistern was probably my second favorite TR mission ever, so this was a real treat! I was blown away by the flooding room, and without having looked at it in Dromed yet, I can only guess you have two rooms and used a teleporter, which was very clever.

In case you ever are inspired to do another TR level for Thief, may I suggest my #1 favorite of all time.... St. Francis' Folly!

Cheers on a great job!! The textures and architectural style were perfect, and the sounds and music borrowed from TR made it a really fun experience -- TR in first person!

And thank you for not putting a breath potion before that long swim, it made it alot more challenging (like TR).

Yan

I still think it's more fun to watch Lara drown!

Refresh my memory - which one was St. Francis' Folly?

I think my favorite is Venice.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I still think it's more fun to watch Lara drown!
    Heh heh heh.... I second that.

Refresh my memory - which one was St. Francis' Folly?
    It's fairly early on in TR1, before The Cistern I think.... the one with the incredibly tall structure and rooms dedicated to Neptune, Atlas, Damocles and Thor. You had to get keys from all four rooms to open the main door at the very bottom.

I may just have to work on a simple version of it sometime, as a diversion from my main FM, probably once DEDx is out. Of course that means dragging out the old TR1 game and finding the level skip code so I can get to it without 5 hours of gameplay.

As for Venice, I really like that one too, although my favorite TRII level is definitely the Himalayan one where you ride the snowmobiles. I must have played that one a hundred times.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast