TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

Replaying Mines of Margroth now and using the walkthrough.
    I'm in the mushroom area and went into the critters part .... opened all buttons, but WHAT does it open??????? I've been everywhere, it should open a secret tunnel. Where is is?? I'm walking around here far too long, I'm afraid.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    Replaying Mines of Margroth now and using the walkthrough.
    Well, since it's difficult even if you use the walkthrough a lot, it doesn't count as a major sin to look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I'm in the mushroom area and went into the critters part .... opened all buttons, but WHAT does it open??????? I've been everywhere, it should open a secret tunnel. Where is is??
    So you found a secret entrance in the room depicted in figure 14 of the walkthrough, went through it and are now in the corridors beyond. You should at first travel through corridors looking like the one in fig. 15. Dark walls with an "organic" look, as if these were made of plants, or if you were still in the Maw (where Thief 1 ends).

If you found and pressed two buttons in that area, you should have gained access to some different-looking passages. There should be tiles on the walls there, just like on the left wall of fig. 15, and on the wall you can see at the end of the corridor in fig. 15. A larger room with a fish tank in it should be easy to find. I think it's the large room which is partially displayed in fig. 17 in the upper left part of the picture.

You can collect some treasure now by following the "Fish Food" and "Secret Treasure" parts of the walkthru, but you can skip that as well unless there's a hefty loot goal you have to fulfil (I don't remember if there's one).

To advance further and finally meet Bantar, you have to continue with the "Escape Route" section of the walkthru. Look at fig. 17 again. You need to enter the passages and rooms with all these blue numbered dots. One entrance is on the left end of the partially displayed "fish tank room"; there should be some large heaps of sand or dirt there, which partially block the passage. But you should be able to climb through it. You will enter the small corridor between the "fish tank room" and the room with the dots labeled "1" and "4".

A second entrance to these passages should be a bit beyond the upper right corner of fig. 17. It should be possible to enter the long corridor which runs left of the room where the dot labeled "2" is located. I think there's some stair climbing involved there as well.

If you entered these passages with the tiled walls, you should find the buttons near the labeled blue dots. All buttons except for no. 6 should be pressed; several of them require either an arrow or your throwing skills (as mentioned in the walkthru). Button 6, however, should be a green button, and the only thing it did for me was shooting a fire arrow into my face. Ouch.

When you're done with all this button pressing stuff, a passage to Bantar should have opened. This should have happened in one of the larger rooms; I think it's the one to the right of the dots labeled "5" and "6", left of the three runes in the lower right corner of fig. 17. The passage is above you, in the ceiling. Climb up, and there should be a metal grating mentioned in the walkthru in the "Open for Me" section. This is your free ride to Mr. Bantar. Go there and kick his butt. He deserves it.

Thank you, I found it!
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

WOW, this may well be the biggest and craziest mission I have played!

There is so much to like:
    - ambience: sometimes creepy, sometimes cozy
    - the thief attack. Feels like it could have turned out in several ways - great for replayability.
    - lots of little optional loot-focused side areas. Loot object on Expert could easily have been cranked up to 9k or so, though. Now you do not even have to find half of what's available.
    - huge arsenal of weapons
    - interesting enemies. (I played this many years ago, and the mechanical headless beasts were SO scary for me, especially since I had to sneak in those areas because I knew of no way to destroy them.)

Needed the walkthrough in some areas (even more so than last time I played, many years ago. I actually solved the button puzzle in the fish tank section back then, but had forgotten that this time). Also, I can easily say I would never have figured out the 'Viper VI mad dash' by myself. There is indeed a hint scroll but that did not help me much (yeah, sometimes I am dense).

Even with the walkthrough help, I still missed 255 loot.

I never figured out what those 'powered coal crystals' were useful for. In my experience, in the places where you need to blow stuff up, a mine or a fire arrow works just as well. Or did I miss something? I even lugged around two explosive charges that I never used.

Things that could have been improved upon:
    - move that wooden ceiling beam in the chapel a little more towards the hole so the rope arrow shot gives a little more margin for error
    - in the area where you can hunt loot in chests after climbing the magically spawned tree, make a bigger part of the ceiling accept rope arrows, so you can fire them when you are up there, instead of having to hit those tiny holes (THAT YOU CAN'T SEE because of fog!) from down below. Would have saved me a lot of frustration and like 15 or so save/reloads.

Really looking forward to Guilded Rivalry now. Back when I played last time, once I had entered the guild area, the game crashed every time I tried to save, and it eventually also crashed when I tried to load a save I had just before that place. So I have only seen a small part of that mission (and nothing of the next two). My computer was much weaker back then so I am pretty sure it will work fine this time.

I need to get Sunburst Device, where can I find it? I mean version for Thief 1 of mission Mines of Margroth.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    As far as I can see, there's no Sunburst Device in the T1 version. You can open the doors mentioned in this thread using a switch

My question is - how to open the crypt of XaraX with Thief 1 version?

I'm quoting fortuni

We need to get the gate overlooking the pit opened, so now head back to the catacombs as it's time
    to collect the loot from the Hall of Lost Hero’s. You may have discovered that you can pick open 6
    of the crypts on the north side to collect 6 x golden skulls but you can not access the crypts on the
    south side. This is because you need to pull a switch at the other end of the catacombs and run to the
    crypt of Viper V1 before the gate shuts again. The switch is in a room in the east area of the
    Merchants tombs and there is a speed potion hidden behind a skull near the doorway between the
    Merchants and Commoners (where the water is dripping down from the ceiling). Pull the switch and
    run, with 1 speed potion you will just make it, but make sure you access the Hall of Lost Hero's via
    the south entrance as you will not make it in time going via the north entrance. Once inside collect
    the golden skull then pull the switch on the wall to open the next crypt 'Apache', then do the same
    for 'XaraX', 'shadowspawn', 'Datoyminaytah' and finally 'Questorus'.
    You can get his walkthrough here
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145680

I need to find and click 1 switch to open 1 or more doors I understood. I see only one switch - enable/disable lights, are there any other switches?

Thank you for your mini-review jiansonz! Played this for the first time a few years back and absolutely loved it. I never ventured beyond the first mission though, so can't comment on the rest of the campaign. Mines of Margroth is a masterpiece in my opinion. Such a unique mission. It's the mission I am most tempted to attempt a ghost run of. I know it can't be ghosted, but I'm sure there are so many cool little challenges in there, especially for supreme ghost.

It's strange, my last save shows max loot, but my own loot list is 300 short. I must have forgotten to enter a few pieces. I might just revisit this one soon.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Step by step, how to open these crypts?

Quote Originally Posted by Xmodule999 View Post
    I see only one switch - enable/disable lights, are there any other switches?
    This is the switch you're looking for. It's connected to a bunch of lights and will open the crypt of Viper V1. But you need the speed potion.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    This is the switch you're looking for. It's connected to a bunch of lights and will open the crypt of Viper V1. But you need the speed potion.
    Not works with this speedpotion and this "lights" switch, what's wrong?

It's timed. Run faster. I just tested it and it's working.
    Maybe you should check the way to the tomb first.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    It's timed. Run faster. I just tested it and it's working.
    Maybe you should check the way to the tomb first.
    Exactly, now it works. It must be really fast from switch to crypt of Viper VI.

just replayed mission set ,we need more missions where you have to travel distance so much fun

also there needed to be at least one of those eyes weapons you could have found for mine area with the red and blue burrick sounding unbeatable creatures

bantar is a great evil guy

and in last mission have to get more of those colored balls to open the different area's,would have been better that balls wernt lost on opening each one,so much time lost just running though those halls for no reason reason,not like there were any enemys making it worth the reason to get more balls

but for its time wow,one of the best sets ever

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    and in last mission have to get more of those colored balls to open the different area's,would have been better that balls wernt lost on opening each one,so much time lost just running though those halls for no reason reason,not like there were any enemys making it worth the reason to get more balls
    In the power cells exhibit you get a reusable transparent ball you can use to open all the others

ohh yeah forgot about that,ty for info

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 38910111213