TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

Quote Originally Posted by Clock
    I only just started this level and already I'm laughing too hard to continue.
    Laughing as in :
    haha, you understand the humor..
    or
    as it being way too silly to be serious?

I was in the bar? when I frobbed a phonograph and it played Monty Python, which was funny enough. Then I turned around and witnessed this dude dancing to "The Ballad Of Sir Robin" and I burst out laughing...to myself as I was alone at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX
    Funny thing about the series... THERE IS NO ORIGINIA in the GAME... hehehehe (Just comes from my "originia" stories..) I didn't think about it untill now.. That like naming the a telephone book "Purple Noises" or something abstract like that...

No matter... In the original storyline the land was called Originia..
    I thought originia was a sort of slang for "the way things once were", like "the old days".
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

I was in the bar? when I frobbed a phonograph and it played Monty Python, which was funny enough. Then I turned around and witnessed this dude dancing to "The Ballad Of Sir Robin" and I burst out laughing...to myself as I was alone at the time.
    I was afraid that people wouldn't think it was funny..

I sure did...

Oh... my... gods...

First, what an absolutly incredible mission pack... I am only on the first one, but have been scared breathless several times already... Wow!

spoiler:
    I nearly screamed out loud when that freakin jewel thing attacked me in the hammerite place... this is kick ass!

So, thank you very much for keeping me up nights!

Re: Oh... my... gods...

Thank you...

Have you seen the Ghouls? The Shadowbeast will scare you too...

You think that's scary, Ethne? You've go another thing coming!

To me, Mission 4 had the scariest moments, but Mission 3 was scary throughout.

What's the story with the gem in the vault? I tried frobbing it, clubbing it, etc. but it only attacked me. How do I "aquire" it? Unless of coarse, that isn't the gem mentioned in the objectives. There was nothing else in the vault, other than silver and gold coins.

Nope... Thats the Gem of Oldorf... You need it...

Little note for the SURE-SHOTS: Fishing is allowed, and encouraged... The white Margrothian Fish may really help things...

Enjoy...

What's the story with the gem in the vault? I tried frobbing it, clubbing it, etc. but it only attacked me. How do I "aquire" it? Unless of coarse, that isn't the gem mentioned in the objectives. There was nothing else in the vault, other than silver and gold coins.
    You need to read the note about the gem, and find out how the hammerites caught it.

I'm up to the part where i have to flip a lever, take a speed potion and get to Viper VI's tomb, but i don't have speed potions. Do i have to start again?
    Thanks,

No.

You can blast open the door to Viper VI's tomb with an explosive charge.

One Scary Lady

Tell me, please that Evil Bug Vomiting Woman with voice of a two year old is susceptible to SOMETHING. I've tried every kind of arrow I have, holy and unholy

She scares me!

Cheers!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Thanks Yametha!

Re: One Scary Lady

Originally posted by Melissa
    Tell me, please that Evil Bug Vomiting Woman with voice of a two year old is susceptible to SOMETHING. I've tried every kind of arrow I have, holy and unholy
    well, to fire, gas & regular arrows... blackjack & sword...
    She scares me!
    heh..i have to agree with Yametha on the scare-factor thing..
    nothing in the first level is too scary-seeming..later

I hope no one has any heart conditions...

Quote Originally Posted by Yametha
    You need to read the note about the gem, and find out how the hammerites caught it.
    spoiler:
    Also responds to Holywater and Fire Arrows....

I didn't have a heart condition before I started this fm but I think I feel one coming on. I get so scared that I feel myself running outside just to let the knots in my stomach loosen up.
    Loved the music on the gramaphones.......very cool..hehe.
    I'll post again later...IF....I live through the mines.

Hey Nightwalker................You know McEVE and I will wait for you.............NOT

Open Eyes, to what's yet to come... :)

The first 3 missions IS STILL the "mines"...

Just you start getting to parts of the Under-city that are still "open"...

FM4 you actually hang-out outside of Margroth and meet living people who have have been dead for centuries...

I actually forgot I posted this problem. I figured it out about 30 mins later.

Man, these guards have sensitive ears !

The guards are scared "poop-less". They are strangers in a strange land with a madman causing earthquakes... "Wouldn't you jump at ANY noise?"

FM4 you actually hang-out outside of Margroth and meet living people who have have been dead for centuries...
    YcatX................are you the Stephen King of Thief? We have 3 generations in our family that watch or play at the same time. When it gets scary, my grandkids scream and run outside into the big house..........my daughter just screams.................you've caused havoc here and it doesn't sound like it is going to get any better . Thumbs up to you and your gang

The guards are scared "poop-less". They are strangers in a strange land with a madman causing earthquakes... "Wouldn't you jump at ANY noise?"
    Speaking of which, I almost had to change my underwear when I encountered a certain boulder. Took me 10 mins to calm down. Only to encounter some disturbingly frightful spectres? I need a break....

Love the music btw.

A few things.....am I supposed to endure the damage done by 2 white orbs floating around just before entering the mines...or can they be dealt with ie) destroyed.

There's a button at the bottom of a well....couldn't frob it, but I'm assuming it's for later on anyway. If not, please advise

Slippery stairs.....nice touch

Oh... you liked the boulder? eh? Those earthquakes really screwed up things...

Evil Wisps:
    spoiler:
    They are evil spirits without form. Some can possess corpses, and other nasty things... They have weaknesses just like every other UNDEAD. BTW: You can wack them with a sword, or arrows... The little buggers are just so hard to hit. Fire arrows, holy water, and similar methods..

Well of Lost Souls:
    spoiler:
    Well... This is for Expert level... "Frobbing" that button is the key to the Whistling Stone. Too bad you can't reach it, eh?

Yea... I made it TOO hard...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast