TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

I couldn't stop laughing at the guys who were "falling down drunk."

Now I'm in the mines and I aint laughing.

I used 2 land mines on the moth spitting woman. I figured that was a fair deal since I got 3 back in the next room.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX
    Well of Lost Souls:
    spoiler:
    Well... This is for Expert level... "Frobbing" that button is the key to the Whistling Stone. Too bad you can't reach it, eh?
    Regards the Well Of Lost Souls....I'm not sure if you're hinting or not, but that button looks like its resting on a column that will rise so I can frob it later. Am I on the right track, or am I supposed to struggle with it until it engages or I drown.

Are we mechs or Mice?

Quote Originally Posted by diana50322
    I couldn't stop laughing at the guys who were "falling down drunk."
    Yea... It needed some comic relief...

I'm going to have a bunch of Mechs chasing mice in the next group of missions...

Should be comical... Expecially when they compain about the rats...

Now I'm in the mines and I aint laughing.
    Join the club , I'm just racking my brain wondering how to get around all the undead .

Originally posted by Clock
    Regards the Well Of Lost Souls....I'm not sure if you're hinting or not, but that button looks like its resting on a column that will rise so I can frob it later. Am I on the right track, or am I supposed to struggle with it until it engages or I drown.
    Neat idea... I wish I thought it of... But really, I had a similar idea. However that was in buried city called Glamish (using my old(non-thief) storyline)

STORY: You had to jump into a pillar of water (rushing upward) swim down and use Bantar Amulet to open a cealed chamber on the side of the tunnel (underwater)... The tomb of Talis. But all that changed with I "thief"-ized my storyline...

As for the Button:
    spoiler:
    Perhaps dropping something one it? Some objects are heavier then others, and some are useless "junk or rubble"...

BANNED
    I wasted 4 hours of my life trying to download this, its too hard for me, the rest of you love it probably but its too hard for me

Well... You could grab a whole bunch of ammo and loot and jump to the next mission, but I understand it is VERY hard. The first one is more like an endurance test. I made the other somes not as hard.. Just the loot requirement is stacked. So if you don't get enough loot from mission1, that is carried over to mission2, you may not be able to get the required loot.

Sorry about your troubles..

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX
    As for the Button:
    spoiler:
    Perhaps dropping something one it? Some objects are heavier then others, and some are useless "junk or rubble"...
    Well....that was cute. I can honestly say it would have taken a LONG time before I figured it out on my own.

Yametha figured out that one could simply lean forward and drop something into it.

TREE

About the big tree grown from a mana seed. I resorted to the walkthrough when I kept falling out of the tree and it suggested shooting rope arrows into the 4 gas clouds. When I try this all I get is a metalic clink. There doesn't seem to be anything for the rope arrows to hold on to. HELP!!!

spoiler:
    There is a small hole to anchor rope arrows... Vanguard managed to anchor one. You have to shoot for the exact center.

Use the tree on the southern end of the room. Climb up the tree after you anchored those arrows. Climb back down with the rope.. NOT the tree.. Jump back on the tree and do the same for the opposite hall...

(Just Bonus Loot... That all... But introduces the Player to the Mana Seeds... That will be needed to be used in later missions..)

hmm...saddened at not seeing name in credits...LOKNARA WILL NOW PUNISH!
    "if I throw up a cat what will you throw up?"
    -DarkViper

Mr. Cat, sir .... why exactly do I need to look at the picture in the dining hall of the barracks? What am I looking for/at?
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie Dough
    hmm...saddened at not seeing name in credits...LOKNARA WILL NOW PUNISH!
    Sorry... Cookie Dough I ended up using Raetsel's voice for Loknara. She sounded a bit more sinister... I would still like to have your voice too

Don't worry.. I still have all those conversations for FM5... And more..

I feel really bad about not including you in the credits...

I'm going to redo it for the complete series...

Quote Originally Posted by diana50322
    Mr. Cat, sir .... why exactly do I need to look at the picture in the dining hall of the barracks? What am I looking for/at?
    Nothing... Just a pretty picture... Its a picture of a "Fiends of the Ohio" that I made long ago...

It actually of picture of the Ohio River when it was extreamly low and I was standing out on a jetty. I photo-chopped it and plugged it in...

The "original"...

(before I change the name to White Squirrel Productions)

Oh cool!!!

I stared at the picture. I wacked it with my sword (sorry). I squinted my eyes trying to figure out what I was NOT seeing. I even thought I could see a ghostly image of a hammer in the foggy mist. Now you tell me I am JUST supposed to look at it? Why didn't you say so? Oh that's right - you did.

ycatx.

I haven't gotten the scripts onto my pc yet, but hopefully I'll have them by tomorrow.
    thanks.

Originally posted by diana50322
    Oh cool!!!

I stared at the picture. I wacked it with my sword (sorry). I squinted my eyes trying to figure out what I was NOT seeing. I even thought I could see a ghostly image of a hammer in the foggy mist. Now you tell me I am JUST supposed to look at it? Why didn't you say so? Oh that's right - you did.
    I have more... I was going to make a whole series of new painting... I got rather bored with the standard ones...

Yes new art is definitely good! But speaking of art ... did you ever notice that there is one picture of a woman and it looks like she is holding a black-jack?

Originally posted by Haunt-of-DOOM
    I wasted 4 hours of my life trying to download this, its too hard for me, the rest of you love it probably but its too hard for me
    it is very hard... and is not something anyone is going to whip through (even the 8th, 9th, 20th?! time around! well, maybe Yametha and YcatX )

Originally posted by raetsel

it is very hard... and is not something anyone is going to whip through (even the 8th, 9th, 20th?! time around! well, maybe Yametha and YcatX )
    Well.. By MY original story-line.. Bantar was the Master of Margorth, and could observe all who are in his domain. It was sheer madness to attempt to cross the borders using Margroth. In a way it was somewhat similar to Moria.

I even toned it down.. No undead dragons, or instant death..
    (Well I did leave one instant death... but sofar no-one has located it...Very obsure trap... )

When I was making Mines of Margroth I tried to cram the whole thing (and Thiefize my time-line) into one FM, then I discoveded stuff like OBJECT COUNTS MAX. Ooops...

Yes new art is definitely good! But speaking of art ... did you ever notice that there is one picture of a woman and it looks like she is holding a black-jack?
    The frobbable "art" comes later at the start of Guilded Rivalry...

Oh cool!!!

Sorry, It's just that you'll meet the things in red later on. I though you might appreciate an art show.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Met 'em, killed 'em, got the t-shirt.

That's it! Fiends of the Ohio T-shirts!

GOLDMINE!

Fiends of the Ohio T-shirts!
    Featuring the snazzy-white squirrel logo..

(ooh.. ahhh)..

Yes, you to can be the first one on your street to have one..!

Cool! We'll model them for you.

Great release so far YcatX, I can be certain of that because I gave up trying to ghost Mines almost immediately and at the moment I have NFC where I should be trying to go

I've got the map and cleaned out the HQ in the process - including getting all the fire arrows, nice to see Fire Elementals again.. I didn't check down the hole near the disabled combatbot though, perhaps I should do that now.. I've hit the switch that triggers the gate to the mines and then gone over to the mining town. I looked around for a while and then all hell broke loose in the bar, so I decided to leave everyone to kill each other and went over towards the mine entrance (avoiding the bug-spitter - why kill something that'll take out guards for me? ) Now that the pandemonium has calmed down I suppose I should go back to the town... although I may just start again because that gem Ethne mentioned earlier appeared at one point but I reloaded my game and it hasn't turned up again.. should it have by now?

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast