TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

Good luck getting back down... You'll have to use one or two slow-fall, depending on how good you are with slow-fall potions.. Make sure you save it...

BTW

The Mines of Margroth (FM1-2) (WHOLE THING) was the flagship dungeon of my TABLETOP years... Parties of 8-10 players would be scared to enter... Would rather take the long way around it (MOUNTAIN CLIMBING)

An 11 leveled Death-trap with all the fixin's. Funny thing is that NONE of my players made it through... (Which is one reason I made it SOOOO HARD!)

Can't get out of a well

I jumped into a well that went deep with various potions at the bottom but can't get out now (the edges of the well are too high). Is there another way out?

Also, I downloaded the big file and have noticed other posts referring to mission 1, 2 etc. Am I still in mission one? I was in the various rooms with Halls of Ancients, Immortals etc just before the dodgy well

Top mission, can't wait to get home to play some more!

There are two things you need to do BEFORE jumping into the well:

You need to
    spoiler:
    place a rope arrow into the beam that spans the well. To get perspective step back and you can see a light above the beam and it helps you see the outline of the beam. Just make sure the rope hangs down into the well.

The second thing you need to do is
    spoiler:
    grab the rock near by and DROP it straight down into the well. If you are lucky the rock will fall into the hole at the bottom of the well with the button you can't get close enought to to push and a light will come on which would make it easier to place the rope arrow but it didn't work for me. Then dive in get your reward and put the rock in the hole. When you resurface the light will be on revealing a jem that satisfies an objective.
    I told my husband that I was downloading the patch for Thief. He said, "Good! It's about time you kicked that addiction."

Re: Can't get out of a well

Quote Originally Posted by DG1
    I jumped into a well that went deep with various potions at the bottom but can't get out now (the edges of the well are too high). Is there another way out?
    spoiler:
    Nope... You MUST secure a rope arrow to climb back out... I stake one in the posts of the well.. to climb out of the water...

If you have problems getting out of the Well... You will most likely need the walk-thru

Quote Originally Posted by diana50322
    The second thing you need to do is
    spoiler:
    grab the rock near by and DROP it straight down into the well. If you are lucky the rock will fall into the hole at the bottom of the well with the button you can't get close enought to to push and a light will come on which would make it easier to place the rope arrow but it didn't work for me. Then dive in get your reward and put the rock in the hole. When you resurface the light will be on revealing a jem that satisfies an objective.
    If and only if you play on EXPERT... The gem doesn't exist on other difficulties and will not do anything if you activate the button...

Quote Originally Posted by DG1
    Also, I downloaded the big file and have noticed other posts referring to mission 1, 2 etc. Am I still in mission one? I was in the various rooms with Halls of Ancients, Immortals etc just before the dodgy well
    Yep... One of four for this small group here is what the whole series is going to look like:

FM0: Hook line and sinker (in next release)
    FM1: Mines of Margroth
    FM2: Guilded Rivalry
    FM3: Fire and Ice
    FM4: Ashes to Ashes
    FM5: Thinner (in next release)
    FM6: Rock and Darkplace (in next release)
    FM7: DarkWood (in next release)
    FM8: Sacrifice (in next release)
    FM9: Eye for an Eye (in next release)
    FM10: Crossing Over (in next release)
    FM11: Deadmen Walking (in next release)
    FM12: Knock Knock (in next release)

Types of unusual transportation means in the series:

• Getting sucked up a shaft (vaccumed)
    • Falling through a Ethreal Vortex
    • Getting shot out of the water
    • Sliding down a 89 degree ice slide
    • Getting sent back in time by by a race that has been dead for centuries
    • Falling down a shaft to the center of the world
    • Getting chased off a cliff
    • Getting blown-up

Re: Re: Can't get out of a well

Originally posted by YcatX

Types of unusual transportation means in the series:

• Getting sucked up a shaft (vaccumed)
    • Falling through a Ethreal Vortex
    • Getting shot out of the water
    • Sliding down a 89 degree ice slide
    • Getting sent back in time by by a race that has been dead for centuries
    • Falling down a shaft to the center of the world
    • Getting chased off a cliff
    • Getting blown-up
    You missed one out there!
    Hint: it involves a statue
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Re: Re: Re: Can't get out of a well

Originally posted by Yametha

You missed one out there!
    Hint: it involves a statue
    Okay.. Inter-planar transportation too...

He's a bad bad man!

I'm stuck at Bantar and could very much use some tips.

I'm playing on Expert and have the walkthrough.

I knocked out the two monkeys and ignored the Tricksterling. Went in to Bantar's chamber and doused the two torches and the bon fire while the conversation continued.

The walkthrough says to try and distract Bantar so the thieves can do some damage. However, everytime I move, the thieves shoot at ME. So I waited until they were dead.

Now I'm hiding behind the pillar in the far right corner (the one opposite the place where the bonfire burned). I can lean out and hit Bantar with fire arrows and adjust so his shots hit the pillar. But the fire seems to do no damage, and eventually the Tricksterling comes and finishes me off.

So I loaded an earlier save and tried to get the Tricksterling. Holy water doesn't do it. Neither do fire arrows, or mines, or flash mines (I'm out of flash bombs).

How do I kill these things?

Thank you!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Re: He's a bad bad man!

Thats odd:
    spoiler:
    Bantar can be killed with holywater, fire, broadhead, blackjack, sword, flashbombs... Normally I'll sneak up behind him, and kill the wisp and beat him senceless with a blackjack...

Bantar the immortal?

Hmmm...

I haven't found any way to sneak up to him, let alone behind him! Is there a tunnel I'm missing? I've walked directly into his chamber, and even if I hide in the darkness, he knows I'm there.
    Your mileage may vary

spoiler:
    Don't sneak up on him, run up to him, use your sword, and make sure you stay close to him all the time, that way he wont' have a chanse to send his fireballs at you

I'm not usually like that, but in this case I felt it was called for

Don't worry... you'll get used to it...

If I only find a way to get F&I started I might too

I'll have a look at directX, if that doesn't do it I'll reinstall. Your mission is worth it

Even though I wish you had included a bit more hints - like the scroll in the library that explains all about the tablets! That would have been very handy earlier on in the mission - no complains though!

Oh... The deity talismans... That gets explained (somewhat) in Ashes to Ashes..(FM4)...

THANKS!

Pleae help :(

Okie doke.

(1)
    I have tried everything I can think of to kill the Tricksterling. Holy water, flash mines, fire arrows, broadheads. I even tried whacking him with my sword. He just says, "oh, that tickles!" and laughs at me before finally killing me.

(2)
    Ditto for Bantar. Further, I can't jump in the water. It damages me for some reason. Just swimming does damage. Finally, I cannot for the life of me figure out how anyone got to the ledge where Bantar stands. If it's through the tunnel in the water, how do you go through there without the water doing damage? It has nothing to do with being able to breath, as far as I can tell.

Sorry to sound slightly whiney, but I'm anxious to move on already to the next mission in the pack and I seem to be stuck at the end game

Thanks, everyone!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

You need to get through the tunnel

spoiler:
    Just swim slowly, I didn't venture on picking up too many of the weapons found down there in dead ends, I just concentrated on keeping alive.... take a first turn to the right, then try to get up, and try not to get close to the walls of the tunnel. The walls made of crystal is draining your life.

Lucky you, you might get to play Fire & Ice

I don't know how to take care of the tricksterling - I just avoided him (it)

Tricksterling:

spoiler:
    Holy water, flashbombs, and normal weapons..

They have about 200 Hitpoints so it's an ammo drainer.. 6 or 9 flashbombs will kill it quickly...

Thank you!

After finding out it was the walls and not the water that was killing me, I stopped panicing and have made it to the hall of mirrors.

Question: I never did find Bantar's book, yet the mission ends, albeit with a red circle and line for that objective. Did I miss something?

Cheers, and onward!
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Nope... It must be on the other side... (IN Guilded Rivalry...)

Re: Re: One Scary Lady

Originally posted by raetsel

heh..i have to agree with Yametha on the scare-factor thing..
    nothing in the first level is too scary-seeming..later
    PLEASE tell me you are taffing us.

I'm in the mines now, and I got so scared playing tonight I had to quit and jump online instead. This mission is starting to make The Inverted Manse look like an episode of Sesame Street.
    (by the way YcatX, that's a compliment...this mission is phenomenal!!!!!! Just the customization alone...where are my heart pills? Oh ya, they flew out of my hand when that fiend blew up in my face)
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

I'm not taffing you, sorry.

well, yeah... fiends are pretty scary (i quit for a while on my first encounter with them too, hehe), but... i'm still scared of something.. that umm.. comes later
    (heh, i used to be scared of haunts too.. geez, i had to quit inverted manse the first time i tried to play that... and you're right.. this does make it seem like sesame street )

cheers,
    the big chicken

Wow... Me compaired to Sledges works? Maybe I should apply at Ion Storm?

I've been thinking the same thing, YcatX...either that or they better invent a Platinum hammer rating for you...I haven't played enough of ROO to say that in all fairness, but this mission is really OUTSTANDING so far.
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Personally, I think it rivals TDP in it's complexities.
    As you said Ycat, it'll be like Thief 2.5

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast