TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

Originally posted by paulben
    I KNEW that Dark One was trouble...I mean, just look at that talisman, come on!!

Thank you for the heads-up...I mean, I love surprises, but I think I've got quite enough of those without one of them being a fainting spell from coming around a corner and bumping into one of those things unexpectedly!
    Tell me about it... I couldn't test it because I would get to nervous when the shadowbeasts got past my parameter and past the gem. When it got too much I would exit and then do it again...

Did you mess with the Tricksterling? I'm going to use alot of them in the final mission, but you are not going to fight them...

Originally posted by YcatX
    Tell me about it... I couldn't test it because I would get too nervous when the shadowbeasts got past my parameter and past the gem.
    So, YcatX, do you ever use the "AI_aware_of_player" command to make yourself unseen while moving through the level - or do you feel that gives you an inaccurate view of the gameplay? Just curious. I know there are times that I just want to check a specific thing and not worry about the AI when I'm testing a level. Also, it can be kind of fun to turn the tables on those dang shadowbeasties! *Who can't be seen now, yeh!* Might be a good way to blow off steam after a close encounter of the invisible kind.

Have a good night and happy testing (when your computer starts cooperating)!
    Kfort

Actually I used that quite often... However it can interfer with some links (AIWatchObj) for example will never see Garrett..

I got some rather sinister AI's up my sleave...

Originally posted by YcatX
    Did you mess with the Tricksterling? I'm going to use alot of them in the final mission, but you are not going to fight them...
    Yeah, I fooled around with him for a while...I enjoyed hearing him say, "I will smash you...and smash you...and smash you again!" hehe Actually, I spent quite a long time positioning a gas mine directly between the apebeasts so that they couldn't hear it and it was placed just so, and got the Tricksterling to walk right over it...and it did NOTHING!! AAARRRGGHHH!!
    Got him eventually though.
    Interrogation Technologist,
    Clan Larcenio Haul
    "We Haul Assets"

Need Some Help With Ruins of originia

I'm playing the Mines of Margroth. I've completed all the objectives except the 2 that relate to Bantar. I don't want complete spoilers here, but more like some hints.

First of all, where should I be looking for Bantar, and what does he look like? Is he a human? Is he a guard, or what? And where should I be looking for his book? Do I really have to go down into the mines where all the undead are? I'm guessing the book is down there?

My other main question is how do you deal with those headless metallic beasts? I tried Fire arrows and they don't seem to work, nor did an explosive mine. How do you stop them?

I also used up that 1 Sunburst device blowing the rocks away to get to the door where the headless metal beasts are. Am I going to need that explosive device later on? If so, I can still easily go back to a saved game and use all mines to blow the rocks, I haven't progressed much past there yet. And what about the red crystals mentioned in a note Garrett found. I haven't come across any red crystals that I'm aware of?

And last, what are those blue rocks to be used for? I shot one with a fire arrow and now it's an energized coal crystal. I'm sure I'm going to need it for a specific purpose, am I not?

Sorry for all the questions, but this is a very different and confusing mission. Nevertheless, it's very good and most enjoyable. I don't usually like missions with the undead in them, but this ones an exception. So I'm eager to play on with it. Thanks

Taking a break
    It's been a while since I played it
    but here's a couple of clues:

First of all, where should I be looking for Bantar, and what does he look like? Is he a human? Is he a guard, or what?
    spoiler:
    Bantar is human, looks
    similar to a Hammer priest. When
    he sees you, he shoots eyeballs at
    you!

And where should I be looking for his book? Do I really have to go down into the mines where all the undead are? I'm guessing the book is down there?
    spoiler:
    Yes you have to go where the
    hungry spooks are hehehe

My other main question is how do you deal with those headless metallic beasts? I tried Fire arrows and they don't seem to work, nor did an explosive mine. How do you stop them?
    spoiler:
    The metal beasts can be smashed
    with flashbombs. But I would
    use them EXTREMELY sparingly
    since they are hard to come by!

Special thanks to YcatX for such a great
    set of missions! I found them to be difficult,
    but extremely cool to play! Lots of abstract and unique
    artwork too!

Quote Originally Posted by John D.
    Special thanks to YcatX for such a great
    set of missions! I found them to be difficult,
    but extremely cool to play! Lots of abstract and unique
    artwork too!
    Thanks...

Still working on the prequel and the next group (FM0-FM9)

Quote Originally Posted by paulben
    Yeah, I fooled around with him for a while...I enjoyed hearing him say, "I will smash you...and smash you...and smash you again!" hehe Actually, I spent quite a long time positioning a gas mine directly between the apebeasts so that they couldn't hear it and it was placed just so, and got the Tricksterling to walk right over it...and it did NOTHING!! AAARRRGGHHH!!
    Got him eventually though.
    Hehehe... I need to make the melee version of him..

Actually you can sneak behind both the apebeast and KO them each. (The other wouldn't notice the other fall normally..) Then toss about 10 or so flash bombs at him..

Tricksterlings are like demonic clay golems... With spells... (Some of the Mech prests that were enslaved by Bantar..)

Quote Originally Posted by BadArm
    And last, what are those blue rocks to be used for? I shot one with a fire arrow and now it's an energized coal crystal. I'm sure I'm going to need it for a specific purpose, am I not?
    spoiler:
    The energized coal crystals just work as explosive devices. They're not for any particular purpose, so have fun with them.

Quote Originally Posted by BadArm
    spoiler:
    If you catch a fiend alone just use your sword. They take physical damage. But be sure to back up right before the deathblow . . . . they blow up! But just a little. If you are backing up, you should avoid taking damage.

I think I need some better hints, alright maybe even a spoiler. I have no idea where Bantar or his book are. I've been down with the spooks and didn't find much. I was with the headless Mechs and killed most of them. Now I'm just wandering around aimlessly in the area with the headless guys are. I really need some guidance here. Someone please point me in the right direction.

spoiler:
    try poking around in those jail-cell-sort-of-things down by those spooks

I'm trying to remember but I think I recall there was a rope involved.

I'd honestly suggest checking the walkthroughs here when you get stuck. These are very difficult and complicated missions that are very hard (if not impossible) to finish without a bit of guidance, for most people at least. I know I've consulted them a number of times and I haven't even finished the second mission yet!

Really Nightwalker? I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX View Post
    Hehehe... I need to make the melee version of him..

Actually you can sneak behind both the apebeast and KO them each. (The other wouldn't notice the other fall normally..) Then toss about 10 or so flash bombs at him..

Tricksterlings are like demonic clay golems... With spells... (Some of the Mech prests that were enslaved by Bantar..)
    The Tricksterling is hilarious. I literally fell out of my chair laughing when, after several flash bombs, he said "Stop it! You are really kicking my ass!" The campaign was really cool, except the ending...

Originally posted by tarvis79
    The Tricksterling is hilarious. I literally fell out of my chair laughing when, after several flash bombs, he said "Stop it! You are really kicking my ass!" The campaign was really cool, except the ending...
    I had alot of fun recording that voice... I'm going to make a club version of them, where they beat things to death, instead of leveling a room with one attack...

BTW: the ending?!? What do you mean? It really just the beginning...
    Were you referring to the end of MoM or the Cutscene after Ashes to Ashes?

I'm referring to the Ashes to Ashes cutscene, and I thought that was the end, period. I'm glad to know its not, and I eagerly await the rest of your missions.

No.. That is only missions 1-4.. I have mission 0, and missions 5-12...

Seeking help

How do you guys deal with those little floating light ball in the tomb, shooting light bolts like that possessed gem of oldorf?
    Thanks for your help

BadArm, killing the fiends...

spoiler:
    Regular arrows work quite well.

A very direct spoiler on finding Bantar...

spoiler:
    You need to go to the catacombs, in the southeast part. One of the rooms has a switch that leads down, (although it may take some doing to get in -- check the walkthrough here -- although I would suggest using a explosive charge rather than a speed potion, because the speed potion helps make a part in the level after this one easier) and from there you can find a secret button to head to the lowest section on the map. (It's labelled as 'tank'. It's actually possible to translate the inscriptions although they're fairly blurry.)

fak, killing the floating thing...

spoiler:
    Holy water + water arrows.

For those that have begun "Ashes to Ashes:" Does your existing equipment and ammo supplies continue to rollover into "AtA?" I have just begun "Fire & Ice" and was wondering if I can go all out because I'm playing on Expert and have that burrick extermination project to complete.

Perhaps the answer is somewhere in the numerous Ruins of Originia posts; I've searched but haven't found it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Druart
    For those that have begun "Ashes to Ashes:" Does your existing equipment and ammo supplies continue to rollover into "AtA?" I have just begun "Fire & Ice" and was wondering if I can go all out because I'm playing on Expert and have that burrick extermination project to complete.

Perhaps the answer is somewhere in the numerous Ruins of Originia posts; I've searched but haven't found it yet.
    No... You get to spend all the loot from FM1-3 on FM4... The ammo and loot only carries over from FM1 to FM2 and FM2 to FM3... Only the loot goes to FM4 where you can resupply are leaving Margroth...

Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by jbd
    (It's labelled as 'tank'. It's actually possible to translate the inscriptions although they're fairly blurry.)
    FYI: The font I used was Klingon...

I couldn't show all the map pages due to a cealing of 10 pages max (Page 11 is just a copy of page 10, or is it page 9 and 10.. Hmmmm)

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX
    No... You get to spend all the loot from FM1-3 on FM4... The ammo and loot only carries over from FM1 to FM2 and FM2 to FM3... Only the loot goes to FM4 where you can resupply are leaving Margroth...

Good luck...
    Cool, thanks YcatX! I've got 57 fire arrows, 42 broadheads, 36 water arrows, 11 flash bombs, 9 mines, 7 frog-beast eggs, and 3 invisibility potions to use up. Too bad the coal crystals and explosive devices don't carry over. I'm betting that my 12 gas arrows will be useful only as fire extinguishers though!

By the way, has anyone put together a definitive bestiary of the custom creatures in the series? I'm not sure what most of the creatures are named much less what they're vulnerable to and with whom they are and aren't allied. I was surprised in "The Mines of Margroth" to find that one of the gray-colored humanoid whatsits apparently attacked and killed two craymen and the bugbeast before dying itself while I was busy button hunting in another section of the area.

Actually I've been working on some Books of Legend to buy that talks about all of them. But I can name them all (or most of them.. and you haven't even seen the 10 or so new ones in FM:4)

MoM:
    Thief Archer
    Thief H2H
    Thief Wizard
    Thief-Ramierez
    Margrothian Fish (eatable)
    Regular Fish
    Puffer Fish
    BugLady
    Bantar
    Fiends (Red and Blue)
    Shadow Burrick
    Cyclops (They fight craymen)
    T1 Tailed-Ape beast (Resurrected- Undeadlike)
    Tricksterlings
    AI wisps (3 types)
    Dwarven Haunt/Wisps
    Skull Zombies
    Ghouls

GR:
    Guild Crawlers
    Zilfin

FaI:
    Frost Burrick
    Fat Frost Burrick
    Huge Frost Burrick
    Giant Frost Burrick
    Lava Burrick

AtA:
    ShadowBeasts
    EyeBeasts (Lesser Muck Tyrants)
    Mini-cons
    Olmec/Aztec Swordsman
    Olmec/Aztec Spearman
    Olmec/Aztec Archer
    Olmec/Aztec Priestess
    Fire Puffer Fish
    Essence Puffer Fish

(Comming Soon)

FM0 Hook Line Sinker:
    ScorpionTurret (I hope)
    Tricams (I also hope)

FM5 Thinner:
    ShadowCultPagan Singer
    Simon (BloodMechs)
    4 types of Bloodmechs

FM6 Rock and Dark Place
    Darklings-Swordsperson
    Darklings-Bowperson
    Darklings-Noble
    Darklings-Priestess
    8 or so different Shroom AIs

FM7
    Burrickmen (I hope)
    Lizardmen (When I import)
    Ogres (When I import)

FM8 - FM12
    ----I don't want to spoil the suprise on people faces

Can't get rope arrows into tiny targets

A climbable tree will grow, but don't climb it yet. Stand under the holes in the ceiling, and fire rope arrows into the centre of the gas clouds. When you have rope dangling from all four, ascend the tree and jump off to the sides. You should find two chests (600 - Total 10131).
    I shot fifty rope arrows up there and I haven't been able to get one to stick and drop a rope. I've aimed for the center and all over the place. You'd think one would have hit by accident. I did see the much smaller hole from the upper level and I got a rope arrow stuck in the edge of this upper hole, but it didn't drop a rope. Is there some trick to this like where you stand or something?

I'm playing on easy. Is it really possible to stick the arrows into the center of the smoke holes in the ceiling?

I spent a lot of time looking for that gem at the well that never appeared only to find out that it only appears on expert.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast