TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

spoiler:
    Yep... I can hit it on about 3 trys..Place yourself Directly UNDER in the center cloud (where the crystal is) and AIM Directly UP...

Yea.. that extra loot is a toughie...

Stuck in a new spot now. I've pushed the various buttons. The door has opened,

"The air currents will suck you up into the antechamber of the throne room."
    I climbed up onto the wooden platforms and frobed the metal grate with a key, but when the grate went up, i stayed on my little wooden platform. I'm not getting sucked up. I'm pretty sure I've pushed all the necessary buttons, but is there one button which turns on the suction?

New problem. I'm in the throne room. Used about seven rope arrows. Not enough health or air to swim through the icy tunnels. I lose health steadily and I'm at less than half to start. I found the one air pocket, but I'm soon dead anyway and I have no health or anything to eat. There is no cheat that I know of, so the only thing I can think to do is go way back to the aquarium and try to rustle up some fish. Is there another way to get to Bantar and his amulet?
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 18th Jan 2003 at 21:46.

It's because you used a key on the grate. That functions as both a translating door and a button. If you try a wrong key on an unlocked door, it's equivilent to frobbing it. But If you try the same with a button, nothing happens. You need to frob it normally for it to work properly.

As for problem 2, don't touch the walls. They're margrothian crystal, and they burn you.

Ah. Okay. Now I go up fine and I've since survived the water. That was awesome in a really painful, suffocating sort of way. Hadn't noticed it was just the walls doing that. Thanks. Now I don't have to start from scratch.

(Frob means right click. Been awhile since I've played.)

Bug? I never new that....

Help with Ruins of Originia!

I'm playing Mines of Margroth, a very great mission! But now I have a problem. I don't want to restart it. I killed Bantar and want to escape, but unfortunately I have only one slowfallpotion to jump into the escape shaft and die everytime. Have anyone of you a savegame after the fall??Please!!
    Christa
    Last edited by Christa; 2nd Apr 2003 at 13:23.

After the fall all you have to do is cross the etherial cyclone (or something like that). Just press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+End

Thanks Yametha, when nobody has the savegame I try this.

Ruins of Originia hint needed

I've walked left from the entrance to the area with the bar, and there's this door which I can't frob. Is it supposed to open somehow?

I've searched the forum but couldn't find anything.

I can't remember the answer to your question but there is an excellent walk-through (I think Yametha did it) for this mission pack. Try looking at www.ycatx.com

There are no unfrobbable doors in that area... this is odd!

Actually, there are no doors behind the bar full stop!

Whistling Stoni in MoM

Where is it? I dropped a rock into the well and it's still not there!

spoiler:
    inside the well at the very bottom is a button you have to get the rock on it, and when you do the whistling stone appears on the well top looking from inside the well that is, its blue,

Hmm... The rock is in the little hole at the bottom of the well, but still no whistling stone. Exactly where should it appear?

On the underside of the wellcover.

I believe the whistling stone only appears on expert though.

Ohhh... I was playiung on normal.

BANNED
    I think I got it on hard, actually... its red, not blue.

Margroth -- the hidden button??

I am playing Mines of Margroth on the easiest difficulty level and have found a hidden button whose function I cannot figure out. It is located
    spoiler:
    in the ceiling between the two buttons which open and close the way to the throne room tunnel. ( I had to frob the ceiling panel to reveal it).

It does not seem to be mentioned in the official walkthrough. So what did I miss?

It causes traps to detonate around you. That's why I didn't mention it, becuase it does not help you.

ok, embarrassing question... I've played and completed this level, but am replaying now. I'm stuck on how to hit switch 4 on Mines of Margroth. I've thrown the gem at it at a thousand different angles. Should I just keep trying, or am I doing something wrong?

Never mind, I found the reason switch 4 was not revealed (I didn't hit switch 3 just right.... ). Finished now.
    Last edited by bassmanret; 2nd Jun 2003 at 13:46.

Is one supposed to be able to jump into the Well of Sorrow? Have tried over and over again and can't even get on the ledge.

Never mind. Got it.

I take that back. Thought a rope arrow would do it but still can't get in the well. Is one supposed to get in the well and, if so, why can't I get in there?

I must admit that I've never finished these missions and what I've played of them, I don't remember well because it's so complicated to figure out. There's a walkthrough here that may be of help.

Thanks, Nightwalker. The walkthrough does say to jump in the well. Does anyone know if you are supposed to stand in a certain spot or what the heck is the deal that I can't get in there???????

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 ... LastLast