TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM1: Mines of Margroth (Oct. 27/2002) support

I'm really having problems with this mission.
    First of all, I cannot get rid of the "fiends". Only occassionally will one disappear with a poof when hit by a broad arrow. Hitting them up close or wherever when they are not aware of my presence does not do any good.
    Secondly, in the area where one stands on a blue light and clicks the switch up above it, what does this switch do? I have clicked it so many times I now don't know whether it is "on" or "off".
    Have resorted to a walk through because of so much content in this mssion. After clilcking on this blue light and collecting the blue shard, wt says under "monkey business" to go east and the north and then east again and find a picture of a dead guy on the south wall. Cannot find this picture no matter which direction I go.
    Please get me out of here!!!!!

ok joanie either you go look at the walkthrough or ctrl+alt+shift+end to skip this part of the mission, since i suppose you in mom you will load into guilded rivalry, you wont miss too much if you already killed bantar, cause you basically back track a long way to get too where ya need to be next.

Thanks for the advice. However, I got rather tired of having so many things to fight with so I quit. Am immersed in A Winter's Night which is just what I enjoy. May go back to the Mines, but not for awhile. Too hyper for me.

Help please

i gave up on this mission a couple of months ago in the mines....now i am back...have killed off all the fiends and the burricks....but cannot find my way out or to bantar....i have looked at the walkthrough...and am ashamed to say....i still cant get out!!!!! i crossed that ice and lava place only to end up back in the town......cant remember if that is how i got here in the first place cause it has been so long...am i supposed to go back through town? i think i have been through the entire mine..."think" being the operative term! i do not want to skip ahead with so many objectives unchecked!!! got the gem......heeeeeeelllllllllllppppppppp

the walkthrough says something about "the tricks area" but i do not know what that is!

which objectives do you got left nil8hate, it'll give me a start point, by the sounds of it you only completed get the stone. either post here for what objectives you got left, and i will help you back on your way. by the sounds of it you still need to kill bantar, find the books, get loot, deppendin on skill level find whistling stone, objective you shoulda got by now is (stone that floats around and goes to and from the vault), well considerin you got stone from vault and wistling stone, you need to look at the walkthrough to get you to the tombs with the maze area, when you find the right one and considerin you have an explosive device left your on the easy side., put explosive in front of the correct tomb then flick all switches, in the last one that opens look for a tiny button, which will open the next part you gotta go to.

i think i did that

i need to find bantar...his book and another exit from the mines...been all through the mines...killed off the fiends and the shadow burricks...(arrows work on fiends) and i cant find my way out....went across the ice and lava....and ended up coming out at a door with rocks in the way, which i blew up and ended up back in town! dont think that is the way to go!

i think i got it going on....thanks anyway
    Last edited by nil8hate; 22nd Jun 2003 at 01:32.

The Ghouls?

How do i get rid of them?

Re: The Ghouls?

Originally posted by coreyb2
    How do i get rid of them?
    Are you talking about Bantar's demon-things ?

spoiler:
    use light- flashbombs work really well. Try to get the demons to bunch together before setting them off, though. There are a lot of them in there.

ghoul?? do you mean those ai without heads and clank when they walk around, then flashbombs, or if you get them one on one, sword works swing and back up siwng and back up, and on last hit they blow up. yes when they blow up it can hurt ya.

arrows will work also, takes 1 or 2 more then sword fightin them.

Demons and Fiends

At first I was asking about the demon things but I really had the same
    ? regarding the headless fiends.....they are killing me dead..and talk about
    alert they hear me coming a block away. I finally made it to the shadow burricks in the
    Realm and only had to whack 2 of them, got out of there and now the Fiends are chasing me thru the caves and they are rentless, they just won't give up. There are atleast 5 after me and I only have 1 lightbomb thingie, no time to use the arrows and I've tried to whack them with the sword and they just keep coming...I have all these bombs and I'm sure I hear laughter and it's not me laughting!!!!!!***###.
    Thanks Barb

I made it thru, had to use 1 speed and 1 invisible but got to the South
    exit and back to the Tricks section....what now????? I laid the beast thing
    out with my sword but whats around the next corner? Hope to find some
    more portions soon.

Great Mission by the way!!!
    Last edited by coreyb2; 26th Jun 2003 at 19:53.

spoiler:
    well depends on if you killed bantar, and all you have left for objectives is find another way out of the mines, then smask the glass in front of tricks section. and look round lots to find in there, from switches to a fabled seed, and do not go into the opening that bantar opened till you put an arrow in the target you'll see elsewhere in the tricks section,
    oops told a little too much hehehehehe. gl lol

Out of Tricks Section

I finished the Tricks section for now but have to return to Merchants tombs
    and flip the switch (which I did) and the undead guys are after me. Trying
    to reach that Viper VI tomb. I have all this money and no potions. Is it possible to just to get to Bantar without all this chasing me crap???? I don't need so much gold, do I?
    For what?
    HELP

Getting into the Viper VI tomb: -

General
    In one of the embalming rooms is an explosive device

More Specific
    The south room. There are buttons to open the containing closets

Give Away
    Look on the side of one of the benches the bodies are lying on.

Been there done that!

I found the big bomb and so-forth a long time ago. I'm at the point now
    where you have to flip the switch and speedracer to the gate. How much time
    do I have? I don't have the speed potion and I'm running straight to the gate but
    it won't open. There is a secret passage that I need to use on the tomb opposite
    Viper VI's. Trying to reach Bantar to kill him.
    Can anyone HELP me?

spoiler:
    coreyb use the big bomb, place it in front of the door to vipers tomb and shoot fire arrow at it, when door opens run in and hit switch inside tomb, this be the easy way, instead of all that runnin from switch beside machine and then runnin to tomb to flip switch inside, just use the bomb. its almost impossible to run from switch to vipers tomb without speed potion,

Using big bomb!

I'm on my way to blow that sucker apart!!!!
    Thanks

Margrothian Crystals

Back again and really need some help here....trying to swim thru the crystals and
    keep hitting the walls which suck the life out of me real fast. Have
    trouble seeing in the crystal tunnel need a little nudge as to which
    direction I should be going?????
    Thanks

HELP

Need some assistance please.
    I'm standing in the water surrounded by crystal walls at the point of the gas arrow. Is this the exit?

When you reach the exit, you'll know it.

Do the tunnels end?

Standing in the Water

Yametha since you are the only one trying to help me with my little problem, seems everyone else has played this FM some time ago (last 2 years) and I've just discovered FMs (real new at this but love them) my plea for HELP is being ignored. Thank you for trying to help me. Could you be a little more specific and give me a big old Spoiler at this point. I really want to complete this 1st mission and move on without skipping to the next one. I read on one of the moderator's post that this site was open to all and it didn't matter if the games was old but that hasn't been my experience.
    Thank you again for your help.Barb

Update!

I did it!!!!! I did it!!!!! I finally made it thru the crystal, killed Bantar and got
    the stuff.. I'lllllll be back
    Thanks

Actually, it wasn't released all that long ago. Maybe for some reason people don't read this thread.

Feel free to ask any questions you wish, or make any complaints regarding the walkthrough. In future editions, I intend to colour code certain parts of the text according to what the hope to acchieve (eg: loot, expert only, essential)

Did you release an early thief1 beta?

I downloaded 300+ thief1,g,2 missions over a year or more ago and have been playing them with darkloader off and on since then.
    I've been playing all the thief1 missions first for the most part except for maybe 3 or so thief2 missions I've played. I'm now to Mines of Margroth which I'm playing on expert. I decided to look for help or a walkthrough when I finished with the opening chamber, the market, and the hammer area. I then found the switched door in the last remaining area across from the caved in thieves guild and made my way into the tomb or mines.
    Reading through the forum it seems as though I may have an old copy as there is stuff missing from this mission I have that I see in the walkthrough.
    The filename is: minesofmargroth_oldbeta
    and the text info says it's version 6 with a release date of april 6, 2001.
    I'm not sure where I downloaded it from but I'm pretty sure I got it either from keepofmetalandgold or from 3dactionplanet. If not those two then the thief.math.uh site that seems to have died long ago. Has it been enhanced or updated and included into a mission pack officially now? Should I delete this "oldbeta" and download "Ruins of Origina" which seems to be a thief2 mission now not a thief1? Was Mines of Margroth sucked into thief2 after this release I have? Sorry if I could find this out reading further but I just want to know if I'm wasting my time with this beta. If there's a fuller finished version nonbeta out there or if it was deliberatly put into a mission pack with the intentions of not being played seperately from guilded rivalry and others?

@coniptor:MoM is part of the Ruins of Origina campaign. You can get the current version from http://thiefmissions.com. I have played it recently and noticed no bugs, but it is very hard...

Thanks. Given that I only had the early beta and it's 6-7Megs and the Ruins of Origina mission pack is 209Megs with four missions. I think I'll grab it and put it at the end of the list. The beta I've been playing is pretty hard in some places so I imagine I'll want to wait till I've gotten through most of the others seing as how this will be a VERY HARD and VERY LONG mission.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast