TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM4: Ashes to Ashes support

Need help with Ashes to Ashes

I don't mean to come off like a simpleton but after getting in to the hole (under the tree) at the beginning I can't seem to find the second opening.....all I can see is that darn smoke. Could someone give me a clue of where to find it? North south east west....high low ?

thanks

Look again

You have sommething from previous mission that you have to use in order to proceed.Search the temple like structure in the middle of the cavern.

Well,

I've started this one now, but I'm gonna have to do it in stages.

Too much of that idiotic bobbing up and down when walking in that "museum" is making me seasick!

Well yeah, that was slightly disturbimg. However, brilliant ambient sound makes it great anyway.

Well, personally , that

"whee wooo whee woo" is adding to the up and down and though not giving me nausea, threating to do so!

Oh christ! I'm gonna have to come back to this one after a while! JHC! FOUR MORE trips back and forth between the well and the rose!
    Where the heck did he ever get the idea that THAT = fun?
    Seems more like a chore for a gardener than a task for a thief!
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 14th Dec 2009 at 01:49.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett's Shadow View Post
    Oh christ! I'm gonna have to come back to this one after a while! JHC! FOUR MORE trips back and forth between the well and the rose!
    Where the heck did he ever get the idea that THAT = fun?
    Seems more like a chore for a gardener than a task for a thief!
    This is another thing that is not necessary to be done in order to compelete the mission. It seems that you always turn to the most frustrating side of things

No,

it's actually more along the lines of I like to do all the things that I can do within the difficulty level that I am playing at!

I feel that if something is meant to be done, even if not strictly necessary to finish the mission, I should do it. Otherwise may as well just race through every mission as if I am doing a speed trial!

On this one though, if he was gonna have you do this, he should have had the well much closer to the rose, not halfway across the whole museum!

Great song.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    From a very talented but FREAKY DEAKY 3 dollar bill!

Tho I don't catch the relevance, other than the title that is!

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    This video is not available in your country due to copyright restrictions.

SS,

I guess Bowie's just TOO Freaky Deaky for your country! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by SinisterShadow View Post
    Are they kidding? Just google for it.

How ironic that I google my name today and find all this... Golly!

I've recently fired up my T2, and started replaying those missions. Yeah... I sorry about the few missing scroll refs. I still haven't found some good software to try to salvage anything off my dead hard drive. What I lost included all the new additions, and 3 other missions (Two BEFORE Mines of Margroth and one after Ashes to Ashes).

Now that I'm divorced, maybe I can get some time to extract what I can of the faulty HD.
    Last edited by YcatX; 15th Dec 2009 at 15:28.

Hey, look who is there!

Since you're in the neighbourhood, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Ruins of Originia - I just finished it. Very original areas, story and ideas.
    Did you lose all of the other missions, or are some of them still on your computer?

Y Cat,

you are one sadistic man ya know! LOL!

Actually tho, RoO has been a cool ride, though a few bumps in the road have smashed my head into the rides cieling a few times!

And why did you do the museum's floor like that, up and down, up and down, up and down, need Dramamine just to walk in there!
    (and, if the Rainbow Rose needs five trips, ya know, woulda been nice to not have so far to go back and forth!)
    (("um, doctor, gonna need a double dose of that Dramamine, please"))

And why did you do the museum's floor like that, up and down, up and down, up and down, need Dramamine just to walk in there!
    I actually didn't mind. The way that floor was designed reduced my fear of being attacked by some guard in the actual museum itself. I thought: 'The floors wouldn't be designed that way if there were AI in the hallways itself. That would make things to weird when you're chased.'

OMG!

URK!

RUNNING AFTER TAKING A SPEED POTION, IN THERE!!!

new exhibit, exhibit #31:

Master Thief vomit
    (contains bits of bread,cheese,deer leg,apple, in a broth of speed potion)

or:
    (little girl with mother visiting museum)

"Mommy, what exhibits are those?"
    (pointing at the walls next to a few of the pictures)

"Um, those are'nt exhibits sweetie"

Quote Originally Posted by YcatX View Post
    How ironic that I google my name today

and find all this... Golly!
    Hey, now it seems to be a rare chance to say thank you for RoO! It is definitely a remarkable FM pack. However, I think I broke my vision while trying to see anything in the dark, why on earth have you turned ambient brightness down so much?

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGuy View Post
    Since you're in the neighbourhood, I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed Ruins of Originia - I just finished it. Very original areas, story and ideas.
    Did you lose all of the other missions, or are some of them still on your computer?
    Thank you
    No I think I lost all of them. I put the HD away until I can blow a $100 or so to TRY to get any of the material off it.

you are one sadistic man ya know! LOL!

(and, if the Rainbow Rose needs five trips, ya know, woulda been nice to not have so far to go back and forth!)
    (("um, doctor, gonna need a double dose of that Dramamine, please"))
    Sadistic and silly...

Well... The ancients didn't have legs, they floated. I originally wanted Garrett to float through the Museum, but the zero gravity thing just didn't work correctly. It was like finding out there wasn't a terminal velocity in the game engine. And yes, if I would have to do it over, I would remove them (or make them smaller). I broke the pathfinding database with those, and I should have removed them. What can I say, but I like jumping around a lot in Thief. I can't help it, I'm twisted... um.. er.. Mostly twisted.

I was actually showing my missions to my daughter, and she got a kick out of it. And, yes, I made the Mines of Margorth TOOOOOOOO long. 4-6 hours is too much for one mission.. Someone should have stopped me... LOL...

No one ever saw the penguins I added to the burrick mission in Fire and Ice. Sad...

Quote Originally Posted by d'Spair View Post
    Hey, now it seems to be a rare chance to say thank you for RoO! It is definitely a remarkable FM pack. However, I think I broke my vision while trying to see anything in the dark, why on earth have you turned ambient brightness down so much?
    Thank you.

Yeah... I'm kicking myself now.. Its much too dark with this video card. It looked perfect on my old system, but what can I say, but I'm an idiot. LOL...
    The black fog in Ashes to Ashes was also a bit too much too.

The black fog was a godsend to me!

I could hardly see anything so I vamoosed the hell out of there asap, thereby not even alerting any of the big fuglies!

They floated huh, well no wonder, bloody ancients, just like all the hoity toity "higher" beings. Never thinking of the little guy who has to actually walk on the blinking roller coaster ground!

(and that "whee woo whee woo" sound, kept makin me think the bloody place was comin on to me like some ethereal street corner "workin girl")
    Last edited by Garrett's Shadow; 15th Dec 2009 at 17:58.

Making those missions was sheer joy!

Yeah... Making those missions were sure fun. I guess you could say it was like ecstasy. I miss it.

OH!

Yeah... Making those missions were sure fun. I guess you could say it was like ecstasy. I miss it.
    So the "whee woo" was just you breathin hard!

ROO rawked.....nice to see you back Terry

-Simon-

The black fog in Ashes to Ashes was also a bit too much too.
    There was fog in there? Damn nVidia, I'm going to buy a new ATI card as soon as possible to see it.

I think

He means the black smoke from the shadow demons.
    (could be wrong though!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast