TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ruins of Originia FM4: Ashes to Ashes support

Ruins of Originia FM4: Ashes to Ashes support

OMG, this mission is absolutely astounding! It's got so much new stuff. It has atmosphere at every place you go, it has a bizzarre plot line, and all the missions are huge! Thank you, this is now one of my favorites. Right now I'm on the Ashes to Ashes mission (I hate those black smoke things... and those damn explosive fish!). Love the constant creepy atmosphere. The new beasties make the game much more... interesting... and the level designs are very unique. There have been so many great missions coming out of the wood-work lately, but your batch really stands out YCatX. This pack was well worth the download time, and it had a similar affect on me that Calendra's Legacy did when that came out. Heh, is there an Easter egg I should know about? I'm good at finding those is you tell me which level to look in... Great missions!
    I did have a problem upon installation, though. It kept crashing when trying to extract a bugbeast.sch in Darkloader 4.1, so I went against the sacred code of fan mission extraction and unzipped it manually *gasp*. Didn't overwrite any essential files though . When I'm done, I'll have to go through it again just to get to all of those hidden areas I never got to before!

by the time i get to those fish.. i like SOME of them
    spoiler:
    some heal you

those "black smoke things" are scary!!!

Originally posted by Xious
    Right now I'm on the Ashes to Ashes mission (I hate those black smoke things...
    Shadowbeasts:
    spoiler:
    To make a Shadowbeast visable Drop a Soul Stone near it (Oldorf or any of the 5 stones)

I'm not worried about seeing them. I can see them just fine, but how the hell do you kill them without dying in the process?
    spoiler:
    I know that they are somewhat vulnerable to flash bombs, swords, and explosives, but they are too damn fast! It's hard enough with one of them, but one area had 3 (the picture-portal leading to mechanist excavation).
    Aside from that... I loved the warped sense of surrealism that permeates every mission. All those bizzarre structures and designs, not to mention enemies that fit right into the mess, except for those weird guys on the way to bantar's chamber and after the craymen. Those guys were so weird. They have no eyes, they speak crazy fast gibberish, and they are quick as hell! The first time I came across each of these... unusual... enemies, it was a "What the... holy *insert obscenities*" moments (or at times, "Builder with pantyhose, what is that?!").

A single fire arrow will take down a shadowdemon.
    Those headless things are fiends Created with fire and metal instead of water and celulose.
    Just a girl wishing for the old days

Quote Originally Posted by Xious
    ... Aside from that... I loved the warped sense of surrealism that permeates every mission. All those bizzarre structures and designs, not to mention enemies that fit right into the mess, except for those weird guys on the way to bantar's chamber and after the craymen. Those guys were so weird. They have no eyes, they speak crazy fast gibberish, and they are quick as hell! The first time I came across each of these... unusual... enemies, it was a "What the... holy *insert obscenities*" moments (or at times, "Builder with pantyhose, what is that?!").
    hahahaha... Thanks... I'm getting rather mixed reviews... currently.. People approach it like a normal FM, but it is by far so LIKE and UNLIKE them that they don't know exactly how to approach it. It completely disarms them...

ok.. .I'm stuck...

Where's the book that belongs to the dark one? In the museum..? And why doesn't room 19 check off as visited after I've been in there..? Something I should do in there first....? Can't find a sensible thing to do though

I rather not to use the walkthrough, knowing me I'll end up reading a lot more than I have to

Really scary sound the shadow beasts make

Fun fun fun - I got one of them though !
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 6th Nov 2011 at 14:09.

Its the SAME book you got from Bantar... You SHOULD start with it.. (SAME book Garrett planned to SELL BACK to the HAMMERITES... I guess he'll have to lose his prize, all in the name of world saving.. eh?

Is Exhibit 19 the Mech Mines? If so I couldn't get two map pages to light up at the same time...

Did you use the Gems of fight the Shadowbeasts...?

I was thinking about having an improved Trickster.. One with tenticle arms instead of normal ones... I dunno.. that is quite a time away...

hrm, well... for question 1:
    spoiler:
    it should be in your inventory... (book of darkness)?

and 2:
    spoiler:
    yes, a lot of the rooms don't seem to check off properly on the map, but no worry, the objective will still tick off if you've been to them all

[edit]heh...you weren't here a second ago when i started this reply.. or i'd not have bothered! [/edit]

YcatX said:

Its the SAME book you got from Bantar...
    Duh......

Thanks

spoiler:
    I flashed him/it! uhmmm ... with flashbombs!

Some interesting...

Here is an email I just recieved:

Mr. Head, I have played many fan made thief missions over the last couple of
    years. Some I have liked and some I have disliked. I usually let the ones I
    did not like just blow away in my memories. The good ones I write the author
    and praise him or her for their accomplishments. I have never made a fan
    mission but I am sure they are an incredible amount of work. I admire anyone
    who undertakes a challenge like that. But I'm sorry to say that your mission
    called orginia was absolutely the worst fan mission I have ever played.
    Believe me I'm not trying to be a jerk about it but I felt bad after all the
    time you put into this mission. I mean it was out there! Please let me
    explain my point. The level of disbelief in this mission was 5 times higher
    than that of Thief 1. And the disbelief portion of Thief 1 was when the game
    was at its worst. That's why you don't see much of that used in Thief 2. You
    amplified the worst parts of Thief 1. Anyway good luck to you and I hope you
    do get some positive responses to your mission. I'm sure you will.

Wow... people either love it or hate it... Golly...

Don't listen to that moron. Wouldn't know excellent atmosphere if it came up and kicked his arse.

Yea.. I stretch reality in mine...

I push the envelope...

You can't please everybody, that's something every creative person will experience. You plased the majority, take that to heart, and leave the others to theire misery.

now, I'm not going to be very pleased if you gonna tell me I'm stuck with nowhere to go but back to an earlier save YcatX

I'm in an exhibit with a pond at the bottom, craymen and kamikaze fish. So here I am, standing on a ledge looking up, waaaaay up. I thought I was clever this time, shot a rope arrow into a pole at the top before going down and all. But the rope arrow is at an angle, so I can't get up on the ledge! And I can't for the life of me see how I can shoot another arrow into the post from where I'm at.....

Help?

Hmmm... What I always do is shoot the moss from above it. or stand on the post lean forward and plant one..

You found the climbable vine right?

i didn't know level of belief was something supposed to be paid attention to in a fantasy game thing that already has zombies and other odd things in it
    (the person seems to down thief tdp...they're obviously insane (tdp is my favourite)! )
    take the email as amusement... i mean, it is funny since it's so out-of-touch or something, ha!

and McEve... yeah, the ledge gets in the way depending how you shot it from up top...
    sooo.. i think really the only way is to either shoot another (and hope you can hit) from the edge of the ledge where you get on the vine... then to get up, mantle onto that wodden post (that's what i had to do...saving before i shot the thing since it was my last one, heh).

There will always be trials and tribulations.

*popping the champagne* I'm throught it!

12 hours 16 minutes and 50 seconds of horror, glee and confusion 39705 loot, great fun, I could buy anything I wanted, which was all the items, 2130 damage dealt, and 78 recieved (yeah, I do save often!)!

I enjoyed (almost) every bit of it , Thank you for this mission YcatX !

I never could have done it without Yametha's walkthrough though, that's the one and only thing I could put myt finger on in this mission - there wasn't enough clues as what to do next...

Didn't matter too much though, I guess it would be the same if you played a french mission

BTW.... When's L'Arsenne beeing released in english? I want more

Thanks again

(ops, one smiley too many there! *edit*)
    Last edited by McEve; 17th Nov 2002 at 17:05.

If you could email me some points that you thought was too hard, I'll see if I can adjust them to make it more enjoyable.

Remember this is only the first 4 of 12 missions... Many of which are half-way written...

Please don't think I didn't enjoy it - I did! Immensly

The only thing I missed was scrolls and books with clues, diaries so forth. It's probably just me being slow

If you could point out some of them I would be happy to improve them for the mega-release of all 12... (and maybe some new additions as well if need be...)

Muck Tyrant - Argh

To the individual who wrote the walkthrough (I think Yamentha?) I salute you, and I beg you for help!

I'm in mission four, on expert, trying to clear out exhibit 26. The walkthrough says:

I should warn you that there is a Muck Tyrant in there, but he can easily be taken care of with your sword.

Um. How?!

spoiler:
    Dousing the torches doesn't do it - he sees in the dark. He sprays either flaming eyeballs or deadly flies or webs. When I whack with my sword, he's very difficult to hit, and even the time I managed to score five hits I died before he did.

Help, if you please!

Thank you!

Cheers,
    -M
    Your mileage may vary

Re: Muck Tyrant - Argh!

Here is how I take them out:

spoiler:
    Fire a fire arrow before it sees you... When making that room and testing it in Dromed, I could never take it out before I get shot a dozen times. I could never get close enough to it to wack it with a sword... I used FIRE arrows and leaned (which will make it see you..)

DRAW FIRE ARROW
    LEAN
    SHOOT
    STOP leaning..
    CROSS FINGERS

I'm going to have dozens of them in the later missions..

Yes, I wrote the walkthroughs. It's the first time I've ever written one, so I'm sorry if they were a bit too vague.

I find that if you stick very close to the central support column, you come round the corner right on top of it. It'll never know what hit it.

Fm 4 Ashes To Ashes

O.K. So I know I'm going to sound whimpy and stupid but... I never play a mission like Ruins of Orginia or C.L. etc... on anything but normal my first time out. I figure the people that make these missions put a whole lot of time into their work and won't make it that easy to complete. That being said...HELP!!

I'm in mission 4. The mines of Montserrat, I've been into the workshop and found all the things that are listed in the walkthrough EXCEPT the explosive devices. On normal difficulty are they in this room or someplace else? I need to know before I go running around taking out all the mechs in this area. GOD!, I can't go anywhere without them hearing me and tracking me down and killing me! Man these things are smart! Even the Original Thief 2 game I could get past them better than this!

YcatX you really trained them well!
    By the way....what does YcatX stand for?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast