TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TH-Payback. Preview and Release

nice pictures...but most I like the visibility thing :E

Originally posted by tisfulakistakagela
    nice pictures...but most I like the visibility thing :E
    http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=62748

Originally posted by BrokenArts
    Hey those screenies sure look good DP. Looking forward to playing.....*23* speed potions huh?
    I bet he has 5 invis potions, and 17 health potions!

Originally posted by MrEricSir
    I'm betting on 25 and 25 myself....

no i had 20 . you're both losers

Originally posted by The_Dan
    I assume you mean teleporters, not portals. Never mind

Anyway, I've got a level somewhere on my hard drive, where it has several teleporters that are "invisble", and when you look through them, it looks like you're just looking directly into the destination area.

I'm hoping I will be able to work out in UED how it was done, since that way I won't have to worry about rats spending 5 mins getting to the right part of the level so they can enter the arena.
    actualy they are really called portals

I know them, i know how to make them, i used them ... and well .... i dunno if you should use it. It just doesn't feel right

Originally posted by DarkProject
    no i had 20 . you're both losers
    Loaded gives you 25.

Who's the loser now, eh?

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Loaded gives you 25.

Who's the loser now, eh?

ya but maybe i drank some

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
    actualy they are really called portals

I know them, i know how to make them, i used them ... and well .... i dunno if you should use it. It just doesn't feel right
    not always...in the editor i used to use for another game portals were considered zones. you add portals to zone the map. so you're not 100% correct there

Are we talking about thievery or what? If not, SU DP!

I am always right, even if i'm wrong.

Originally posted by PhaeThorn
    Are we talking about thievery or what? If not, SU DP!

I am always right, even if i'm wrong.
    i am a man that lives in the present...that makes me 100% right all the time.....never made a mistake yet. did nothing wrong.

Originally posted by DarkProject
    ya but maybe i drank some
    You know, you could just say "That would be you, then."

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    You know, you could just say "That would be you, then."
    ya but maybe i didn't

I'm too late to get the zip, but it looks nice. The Special Lit surface tag and light property might improve the look of the windows by separating their brightness from the surrounding walls, but the extra lights might cost you FPS.

Originally posted by The_Dan
    Anyway, I've got a level somewhere on my hard drive, where it has several teleporters that are "invisble", and when you look through them, it looks like you're just looking directly into the destination area.
    Warp zones, which are a subclass of zoneinfo. You can do some really freaky things with them (Like have people walking on the ceiling and the floor), and there are plenty of tutorials which will warn you about the common but nonetheless initially baffling pitfalls.

They're used in DM-Fractal (UT), and Radikus (Unreal), as well as bigheapmany custom maps.

(question posed to anyone)
    Have you played constantines mansion from Thief1 ?

(if your answer was "no"...)
    There is a corridor that spirals, a full 360, i have tried making one similar with warp zones... to no avail... yet. With warp zones you could make a REALLY fruity constantines mansion. I think i might try it for my map.

Warp zones are great fun. I made a map once that had people running around on the ceiling above you, quite insane , infinite corridors and small boxes that were giant caverns inside. They aren't used much, and are very moody creatures to get working perfectly. But soo much fun

Magic mirrors anyone?

One pitfall which could have a major effect on thievery maps is that sounds are not transmitted through warpzones (Depending on the proximity of one destination to the other: so someone on the other side may look like they're yards away from you, but if the room they're in isn't they'll be silent).

Originally posted by Nachimir

Warp zones, which are a subclass of zoneinfo. You can do some really freaky things with them (Like have people walking on the ceiling and the floor)
    Ooh. If I could figure out that, I could make that map in a hypercube I've been thinking about....

Link doesn't work on TearsOfBlood. In fact, it's not even in the directory listing (/maps). Really really wanna try this thing out!

Originally posted by Buho
    Link doesn't work on TearsOfBlood. In fact, it's not even in the directory listing (/maps). Really really wanna try this thing out!
    because the map isn't done and that link was going to an old old zip that has almost none of the map complete... so it's better you don't get it. it barely has any geometry done

DP, has it occured to you that the final map is probably going to be smaller than the screen shots on the first page of this thread? You had OVER 6 MEGS of screenies! Ever heard of "compressed JPGs"?

DP, has it occured to you that the final map is probably going to be smaller than the screen shots on the first page of this thread? You had OVER 6 MEGS of screenies! Ever heard of "compressed JPGs"?
    nope..sure havn't. anyway you don't have to look at them if you don't want.

now all io need to do is add furniture to about 4 rooms, add the AI and objectives, doors/windows, and some secrets...then test and we are all ready. expect it in a few days..

oh and you can get hte map about 6 hours before anyone else!!!! if you can figure out what site will be the first to host the map
    ~DarkProject-=:ToB:=-{Leader of the Tears of Blood}www.tearsofblood.com
    Kill the spiders ...and save the butterflies... It's rational until you realize that by striving for it, You become a spider yourself...

re: DP

now all io need to do is add furniture to about 4 rooms, add the AI and objectives, doors/windows, and some secrets...then test and we are all ready. expect it in a few days..
    ....wow! all that to go in a few days?! .... thats fast!!

lokkin forward
    Last edited by StephenD; 2nd Jan 2003 at 15:08.
    ....be rid of thievery? ...then be rid of the worship of material things!
    - SiLeNt_NiGhT (ex-hammerite)

Secrets! More secrets! Hidden passageways, frobbable pictures, trap doors, buttons that open things across the map, hidden Dr. Peppers, giant rodents, ugraded bow.... You writing this down?

Every map needs more secrets! (I just found a hidden passageway between two areas in Folly. Suh-weet.)

Re: re: DP

Originally posted by StephenD
    ....wow! all that to go in a few days?! .... thats fast!!

lokkin forward
    dang...i just noticed how long it takes to do this stuff..i don't know how hard the objectives or AI will be but all i need to do is build 2 bathrooms and add furniture to 1.5 rooms

than just work on secrets and add decorations like food and cards and paintings and stuff