TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TH-Payback. Preview and Release

TH-Payback. Preview and Release

okay my first map i ever made with UED) will be done in the next week. It is called TH-Payback (-=:ToB:=-Payback: Paying Sins).

The map takes place in a small town. In this town a man (landlord) owns a big mansion..but that's not all...he owns all the property in town. Everyone ether works for him or the money they earn goes to him. It's about time to collect the bills, and the town's people are low on cash.... so here is the brilliant idea: break into the bastard's mansion and rob his arse...onc complete run back into the town and when it's time to pay the bills...you pay with the money you stole!

The mansion holds many people. It has: bars, gardens, many rooms, 3 stories, a servant/guest house, pool, stage/theater, library, offices, and big long hallways, and dinning rooms. This place is heavily guarded so watch out!!! (or at least i hope it will be...didn't put the AI in yet). Find a way into the mansion and don't freak out when you hear those damn rabbits sqeek... try avoiding the rats because they may just get curious and follow you sometime...

Rumor has it that the 'bastard' (didn't give him a name yet ) has found a new artifact that fell from the small red planet near the moon. He called it the 'Tear of Blood' ..anyway...that should sell for a nice price in the market so it may be in your interest to grab it and help you complete the loot objective .

Died?? Full of bordom?? Spectating?? or played it too many damn times?? look around for the dr. pepper cans, see if you can find them all. OR go mess around in the rat arena. OR maybe you rather try finding your way through the rat maze. OR you just wanna look for some good ol' secrets... the secret places aren't hard to find...it's getting there that will be the problem...you'll need to go and find the keys laid throughout the map. Make sure to read what the people wrote in thier letters and books..may give you some valueble hints

Some Screenshots: (NOTE:what you see is likley to change or be modified. These aren't final shots you know!)

~DarkProject-=:ToB:=-{Leader of the Tears of Blood}www.tearsofblood.com
    Kill the spiders ...and save the butterflies... It's rational until you realize that by striving for it, You become a spider yourself...

==============
    remember it's the first map i ever made.....so of course it won't be the best looking/greatest map ever.....
    ~DarkProject-=:ToB:=-{Leader of the Tears of Blood}www.tearsofblood.com
    Kill the spiders ...and save the butterflies... It's rational until you realize that by striving for it, You become a spider yourself...

Hey those screenies sure look good DP. Looking forward to playing.....*23* speed potions huh?

Originally posted by BrokenArts
    Hey those screenies sure look good DP. Looking forward to playing.....*23* speed potions huh?
    i'm such a cheater ..haha i use 'loaded' when testing my maps so i don't run out fo vine/water arrows and stuff...also use 'god'

Nice big screenshots

Looks/sounds promising. I hope it will be slightly (if not a lot) better then desert kings. I didn't like that one.

Hey DP whats this file called "Factory" that Payback (d/led off tob site) asks for?

OR go mess around in the rat arena
    WHAT!?!?!?!?!?!?! A rat arena is one of my maps most closely guarded secrets and here is another map with the idea also every good idea I have appears on the forums a week later :'( its not fair I tell ya Now which beta tester is letting the map ideas out
    Last edited by [NAUC]Chief; 29th Dec 2002 at 21:40.

I've seen the prelims of this map. Don't let DP's modesty fool you, it's a nice looking map. Warning, though, the polycounts and other resource drains are fairly high in most of the areas shown in those screenshots. Low end machines might have some problems.

Originally posted by [NAUC]Chief
    Hey DP whats this file called "Factory" that Payback (d/led off tob site) asks for?
    damn it...you weren't supposed to download it!!! you loser!!!!...now i'll have to add a script to make sure you'll never be able to play it again MWHAHAH... actually the file is a texture file. i used some custom textures in the map that are included in the zip (those make the zip like 1.5 megs bigger).

and yes like LR said...the polys in some areas can reach to the high 200 low 300 but they are usually 125 and below.... but if you don't have any problems with DE than this should be a piece of cake

hmmm there wasnt a texture in with the zip-just the map and in UED there was no map even oh well im red/ling it anyway i d/led it before i saw this thread

hmmm there wasnt a texture in with the zip-just the map and in UED there was no map even oh well im red/ling it anyway i d/led it before i saw this thread
    pfff..you wish..the zip is going down so all you damn wanna be lazy hackers won't get it :P

there wasn't?? you must have got a damn old zip :P.... which part of the site directory did you get it from?

Oh well if link is going down then I guess it doesnt matter me posting the url anyway map is around 4.82mb unzipped (approx 1.53 zipped) so u can say if its an old one or not. and if you're taking the url down it doesnt matter me posting it-right? (ill let u reply first before sending it to those who want )
    here it is
    btw this is no use unless u bug.....i mean ask DP politely to send u factory textures
    Last edited by [NAUC]Chief; 29th Dec 2002 at 22:17.

~jaw drops~

That is an awesome looking map. I cannot wait to try it out.

Beware of Gods who do not laugh...

ThieveryUT

Rat maze? Haha, cool idea! What's at the end of it, a giant piece of cheese?

Cool looking screenies.
    Project Lead,
    Thievery UT.

Originally posted by Dalai
    Rat maze? Haha, cool idea! What's at the end of it, a giant piece of cheese?

Cool looking screenies.
    damn it dalai! stop giving away my plans! ...but really....ya....or maybe something more O_O..well..it's the challenge that counts

Oh well if link is going down then I guess it doesnt matter me posting the url anyway map is around 4.82mb unzipped (approx 1.53 zipped) so u can say if its an old one or not. and if you're taking the url down it doesnt matter me posting it-right? (ill let u reply first before sending it to those who want )
    here it is
    btw this is no use unless u bug.....i mean ask DP politely to send u factory textures
    this would be the very first time i even uploaded it LOL..... omg....this was from like 4 months ago. anyway ya i didn't even know i had custom textures at the time so when i tried to have someone check it out they couldn't join... anyway right now the zip with textures is about 2.4 megs i believe... maybe more. i still need to add texturing/lighting/ furniture to about 6 rooms. then add doors AI objectives and secrets.

Drat! Oh well guess i'd better go searching ur site for a better version unless you wanna send me it or give me your ftp pass? oh well it's gonna take a while but im making my own factory texture pack (with names given by cannot find this etc) ah nm just send me it
    Last edited by [NAUC]Chief; 30th Dec 2002 at 09:22.

Drat! Oh well guess i'd better go searching ur site for a better version unless you wanna send me it or give me your ftp pass? oh well it's gonna take a while but im making my own factory texture pack (with names given by cannot find this etc) ah nm just send me it
    okay...i'll hav it up for you to download in ohhh...maybe a week or so...

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Low end machines might have some problems.
    /me repeatedly hits head on nearest wall

No seriously, nice looking stuff. I mentioned the idea of a rat arena a few weeks ago though, on the Merc forums. However, I don't know if I can be bothered to create one in my map.

Originally posted by The_Dan
    /me repeatedly hits head on nearest wall

No seriously, nice looking stuff. I mentioned the idea of a rat arena a few weeks ago though, on the Merc forums. However, I don't know if I can be bothered to create one in my map.
    it will mostly be a simple room where teh rats can go and 'fang' out together ..with a few ramps nd stuff maybe to make it more interesting

Originally posted by DarkProject
    it will mostly be a simple room where teh rats can go and 'fang' out together ..with a few ramps nd stuff maybe to make it more interesting
    What about the AI rats? Is that where they'll be? (I only ask, because I want to know where to find myself in that map.)

You know, i din't know you wanted to add an rat area in the map ( neither did i know you had an map ) but a friend of mine suggested to add an rat area in a map i'm someday gonna make. You stole my idea!!!!

Anyways, dp, im gonna kill you personally if your map runs with lag on my computer. I warn you.

The map looks awsome btw

Originally posted by DarkProject
    Well, as much as I hate spilling my secrets, I was thinking of having several Tom-&-Jerry-style mouse-holes on the level where rats could pass through & be teleported to the arena.

From the arena, they could be teleported to any of the major points in the level, or just stay & fight. I might even throw in some traps.

Originally posted by The_Dan
    Well, as much as I hate spilling my secrets, I was thinking of having several Tom-&-Jerry-style mouse-holes on the level where rats could pass through & be teleported to the arena.

From the arena, they could be teleported to any of the major points in the level, or just stay & fight. I might even throw in some traps.
    Even you stole my idea!!! Hmm, wait a minute ... you and dp are working together, right ?

Pfff ... stealing my mouse holes idea :/

( btw, portals and stuff aint a good idea i think. Dunno why exactly, but i still think it's an bad idea. The traps might be fun though

I assume you mean teleporters, not portals. Never mind

Anyway, I've got a level somewhere on my hard drive, where it has several teleporters that are "invisble", and when you look through them, it looks like you're just looking directly into the destination area.

I'm hoping I will be able to work out in UED how it was done, since that way I won't have to worry about rats spending 5 mins getting to the right part of the level so they can enter the arena.