TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: WildBill: Gather Ye Taffers!

WildBill: Gather Ye Taffers!

The RLF would like to scrimage you on Bourgeios on Sunday at 2PM EST (9PM Greek Time). The map time will be 20 minutes and there is room for a total of three thieves. Gold will be 800 for thieves and 1000 for guards.

If you wish to assemble a ghosting team (no KO's) then we may be willing to NOT use firebolts in exchange. I think it would be a pretty tough map to ghost, but it might be a good exercise. (I'll talk to the men about dropping firebolts in exchange for ghosting)

Anyways, letme know what you think.

Can I take on all of you guys on my own?

Originally posted by Omega
    Can I take on all of you guys on my own?
    I like this idea

(wants to see omega die a horrible death) hehehehe

<puts differences aside to fight a bigger foe> Yeah Omega GO TO IT- blast those RLF campers off the face of the forum

Supplies order for the game:
    One Redeemer
    One Supershockrifle
    One Gerbil proof shield belt.

Greetings Mad Gerbil,

One of our members Killsw!tch~TuF~ has expressed an interest in your challenge, with your permission he would like to take part. PM us or post here to let us know your decision. Thank you.

Regards

The Keepers.

The Unforgiven – The dark brotherhood of thievery.

The_Keepers,

Are you requesting a match for your guild vs RLF? Or are you asking if Killsw!tch can join WildBill in the scrimage?

If you would like a match it might be a couple more weeks, but MG will let you know on that. If you are asking to join the scrimage you should get with WildBill. He is putting together a team to scrimage us. The Scrimage will not be an officail match more of a practice since WildBill is not part of any organization.

Dang. Not sure if my skillz are up to playing Borgeois with RLF (frikkin' tuf map to ghost). I'm interested (and I can make the time), but if there is someone better, please step up.

At the least, I'll be there spectating.

Be sure to record a demo!

Demo... That is a good idea. We should of done that for our practice. Thanks for the idea!!

Ok, Sunday is rolling nearer.

Do the thieves have a team organized? There is only room for three. I'll restate here that I will play if need be, but I do not think I am the best ghoster for the job. I would like to suggest Omega, PhaeThorn, LaughingRat, ModeTwo, and Frantic.

Once the thieves have been agreed upon, I would suggest a private meeting where strategies can be discussed. I myself want to memorize loot locations throughout the city of Bourgeios and the most efficient way to cover them all. *checks the IMPORTANT thread on map guides* *doesn't find anything*

Also, Mad Gerbil, what server this be hosted on? Is there a pre-meet 30 minutes beforehand?

Originally posted by Buho
    Do the thieves have a team organized? There is only room for three. I'll restate here that I will play if need be, but I do not think I am the best ghoster for the job. I would like to suggest Omega, PhaeThorn, LaughingRat, ModeTwo, and Frantic.
    Huh? Me? No, count me out. Aside from some RL obligations on Sunday, I'm not going to play as guard-friendly a map as Bourgeois already is, and agree NOT to use the only tactic thieves have to be successful on it, namely, eliminating guards.

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Huh? Me? No, count me out. Aside from some RL obligations on Sunday, I'm not going to play as guard-friendly a map as Bourgeois already is, and agree NOT to use the only tactic thieves have to be successful on it, namely, eliminating guards.
    LR:
    I picked Bourgeios because we are a new guild. Yeah, it's an easier map for guards but I wanted to start with something that wouldn't automatically hand it to the thieves like 90% of the maps out there.

As for the ghosting, that is Bills choice, not mine. In return for his offer to ghost I have mandated that no flamebolts will be used. He didn't ask for that concession nor did I ask for his ghosting.

They may choose whatever stragety they like.

LOL! A new guild, yes! But not of new players.

I predict a total thief slaughter in that match, firebolts or no.

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    I picked Bourgeios because we are a new guild. Yeah, it's an easier map for guards but I wanted to start with something that wouldn't automatically hand it to the thieves like 90% of the maps out there.
    Do you ACTUALLY believe this?
    Last edited by LaughingRat; 9th Jan 2003 at 13:47.

LR:

I'm not sure why the parameters of a scrimage you aren't playing is such an issue with you. Perhaps when CTG sets up a scrimage I could mock the event before it happens?

This is the first time I've seen this, sorry if it was posted earlier, I've been busy (exams). I'll start working on it tonight. I don't have any time now, but I was wondering if we could do a map besides Bourgeios? It's a bit guard friendly, and a wee bit hard to ghost.

And Gerbil, I have no problem with you using firebolts. I thought it would be fun to try ghosting against a dedicated guard guild, I'd rather they not cripple themselves. There should be a bit of a challenge involved. ^_^

Anyone who wants a part in this, PM me, I'll be looking at it all tonight when I have time.

Originally posted by WildBill
    This is the first time I've seen this, sorry if it was posted earlier, I've been busy (exams). I'll start working on it tonight. I don't have any time now, but I was wondering if we could do a map besides Bourgeios? It's a bit guard friendly, and a wee bit hard to ghost.

And Gerbil, I have no problem with you using firebolts. I thought it would be fun to try ghosting against a dedicated guard guild, I'd rather they not cripple themselves. There should be a bit of a challenge involved. ^_^

Anyone who wants a part in this, PM me, I'll be looking at it all tonight when I have time.
    If we pick a different map we'll have to put it off for a week so we can study the new choice.

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    If we pick a different map we'll have to put it off for a week so we can study the new choice.
    I don't see how three days would not be enough, and I think most of the RLF has played enough Thievery to be at least passingly familiar with all the maps. Hopefully the thieves will be able to have one practice, Saturday maybe, before this -- I think the RLF will have the advantage of preperation.

I'm not sure what a good map would be, I'd even be more willing to do Aquatone than that evil map. Any suggestions, from lurkers? Again, I don't really have time now, I'll be looking at this seriously when I get home.