TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Taunts!

Most importantly, I'd like to say, keep the voice actor consistent with any set of voices. That goes with guard taunts and thief taunts. Many people like the "Joel" one, but it sticks out like a sore thumb from the other guard taunts available, and IMO, blemishes the Thief universe, especially with the W word.

If Thievery Beta 1.3 will have more characters to choose from, I'd suggest a single voice pack of taunts that can be optioned in Player Setup. You don't get all of the taunts, but only the ones in the pack you chose.

I like DP's suggestion of more ethnic groups. How about a black guard from Morroco or Ghana and a voice set with an accent from there? How about German guards with accents?

The thief voice taunts are OK, but is it just me or does the voice actor sound a little like Butthead from the MTV cartoon?

I'm all in favor of adding more taunts to the AI. Recording more and telling the AI to use a more varied voice pallete is always good!

Also, more comments from the peanuts gallery, courtesy of Paz! He's hilarious! Vampire Lesbians? LOL!

Here's my contribution:
    Guard: "My schwartz is bigger than yours."
    Thief: "Size matters not, pea-brain."

Can't wait for Beta 1.3! When's it coming out?

The thief voice taunts are OK, but is it just me or does the voice actor sound a little like Butthead from the MTV cartoon?
    YES!! finally someone else noticed that! They sound like big wimps.

Black jack whore sounds ok to me since it has an irish or scottish accent. I think they say the word whore a lot! =)

I think the AI guards should say "Thief in the ____" or "I need help in the ____ ."and fill in the blank with whatever room they are in so we know where to run. at least some sort of generic like what floor they are on ... or if they are outside or inside.

errrm irish/scottish? errm I didnt think so

what are u talkin about ? it has a definite irish/scottish accent.. especially when he says "Ya black jack whore" that has Scrooge McDuck written all over it "aye laddy"

I agree about the thief voice, and consistency, and variety.

Originally posted by Buho
    How about German guards with accents?
    They're already in. It's French guards we need. Remember that.

Guess I don't know my accents. I thought I heard a French guard ("What ees thiees? Eet ees notheeng.") I don't hear any gutteral Geman accents.... Ok, well then. How about a Sweedish accented guard? ("I am Hans, this is Frans, and we are here to PUMP you up!" "I'll be baaack.")

(Note: I am not suggesting those quotes at all.)

Actually.. "I'll be back" is Austrian.

I think "My Feet, ze ache" and "Ze say zings are happening, have you heard anyzing" is German isn't it?