TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Speaking of New maps: Th-eTomb

Speaking of New maps: Th-eTomb

<cough> been a while since I played, just went to Florida for vacation tho
    ...ANYWAYs, Flitch and I have been working on a thievery map for about 2 weeks now and may have a release by the end of January (hopefully before).

It's a rather small level but it should be good fun with secret passages and areas for theives and guards. I hope it will be fairly balanced, but if the thieves can reach the "Uber Secret Room Of Doom", it will be much easier for them. Don't worry, it will be fairly difficult. It may have a spider named "Ancient Spidey" that will help thieves plus other stuff. (Not done that room yet)

Guards get their own stockroom with guard only pickups (including +75 hp Health potions). Thieves can get special potions with 3 times the effect of the normal item (only one of each, and no breathing) This will allow for 30 inviz/speed seconds, 60 second catfalls and a 75 health potion. There is also a "homemade cookie" which will give you 100 or 125 health (depending on if you are guard or thief)

There are 8 spiders "for effect" that do not attack anyone plus 5 "Evil Spiders" which attack everyone. (don't worry, the evil spiders are in the spider pit) There will be Ancient Spidey SomeWhere in the level.

I know I've talked alot so far, but here are objectives:

Thieves: Steal 1800 of about 3000 loot, 3 of 6 ancient scrolls, and escape
    Guards: Stop Theives, you want the loot for yerself.

There are and will not be screenshots until later if at all. Trust me, this should be bound to be fun (despite it being my first map and Flitch's 1st thievery map)

Beware of disco lights in the "corpse room" (1000 loot in there).... hehe
    The 28.8 strikes again!

sounds great!!
    will our guild get to test it first?

Acually, the first people to download it will probably be testers. Flitch may set up a server, but it wont be usable until early february. If someone puts it on a "new maps" server with low lag (ex: Mog's) then that would be ideal. It also could let people find secrets by tracking me, maybe.

Hm.... When it is playable, who thinks they can find the secrets with using ANY cheats OR using Thievery UnrealEd OR tracking me? I don't think many will find it, but that's just my guess. With me saying that, everyone will look for em. By the way, my level will contain "Magnesium Flashes", sort of like (Very)-Short-Term Flares for Thieves. This is because the level will (probably) have a low level of ambient lighting.

Wheee...

spoiler:
    You will need two keys to get into the UberSecretRoomOfDoom. Believe me, they're hidden well.
    The 28.8 strikes again!

Sounds pretty sweet

I look forward to being the first to find yer uber secret room of doom Naa NAA I cant wait keep up the good work man!

Da 56k stikes agin!

Wheeee, go Katra, tho you already have an idea where it is cuz you saw the concept map! But you'll still need the (see spoiler, if you want, ya cheapo).

The guards keep chasing the spiders, but cant kill them..... (Don't even try. They have over 90000 Hp each, with the exception of ancient spidey.) HAHAHAHAHA....errm.. never mind that...

On another note, the "corspe room" hosts a neat stick figure skeleton with dr.pepper, wine, and SUGARRRRR ( /me goes hyper ), all worth loot (except the skeleton.)

Any comments on the level? If so post them here.
    The 28.8 strikes again!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Zidane{AYL}
    [B]Wheeee, go Katra,

Yeee-aaaHHH!

WOW! A spider with over 90,000 hp!!!!!

Sounds balanced.
    Signed,
    Richard M. Nixon.

update

More spiders that don't attack anyone have been added. One (see spoiler) has been made. It is very difficult to find, and the second should be even harder to find. Guards have 3 whistlers, 10 flares (not more, because you get them in supply chest anyway), 12 mines, and over 20 caltrops in the stockroom (plus a bed). The 2 secret passages in existence have doors covering them. One [non attack] spider is about twice the size of the others and **floats** hehe. Guarding the corpse room is easy now. Do not open the coffin tho, . All your base are belong to us. Hmm, this sounds like a disclaimer. (/me slaps himself)

All thieves objectives are completable with the exception of escaping. It doesn't work for some reason and I don't know why. If somebody has a solution, post it on this thread. Beware of the 5 "an evil spider"s. Loot expectantcy is 3000, with 1000 in corpse room. If a thief doesn't go there, he/she will have to grab nealy all the other loot. 6 scrolls per level play, 3 are needed, and they make cool pickup sounds. There will be 2-3 exits from the level. Pet spiders may be given to guards, to equalize the level more.

Put any comments, questions, or insights to me on this thread. By the way, is anyone looking at it besides the people that have posted on it ? It doesn't seem that way.... well, i've got to get back to real life.
    The 28.8 strikes again!

Got an idea (an addendum to last post)

Ok, this may sound weird, but I'm thinking of having a guard-life-pool room in Th-eTomb where there would be about 5-7 guards in room openable ONLY by guards so that DMing would be harder to do. I mean, I discourage using DMing tactics all the time but sometimes ya just gotta blackjack that guard that's in a vital place... but that's that. I discourage DMing in my level when it will be released... and if I don't make a guard-life-pool room, I may make some guards immune to BJ if possible... but that's a story for another day.

Insert comments, questions, spiders, and/or constructive criticism on this thread. I will try to answer all comments/questions.

By the way, does anyone know how to make the exits work?
    The 28.8 strikes again!

Re: update

Originally posted by Zidane{AYL}
    Loot expectantcy is 3000, with 1000 in corpse room. If a thief doesn't go there, he/she will have to grab nealy all the other loot.

Re: Re: update

Originally posted by The_Dan
    You think that's bad, you should see the loot totals on DP's Payback....

Re: Re: Re: update

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    You think that's bad, you should see the loot totals on DP's Payback....
    15000 and counting...but i'll drop it down...maybe