TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: SUGGESTION: Throw a bucket on that flamer :idea:

SUGGESTION: Throw a bucket on that flamer :idea:

Okay i know a lot of ppl are mad about fire arrow spamming...here is my super sexy idea:
    When a guard has his fire arrow out and ready to shoot (at which thieves can tell because of the yellow glow on the armor) a thief would be able ot shoot the guard with a water arrow cauing the flame to die and the fire arrow becoming a normal bolt.

I like it
    Signatures? We don't need no stinking signatures.

I wouldn't do it... less you want to feel the wrath of a guard who just lost 100gold!
    I predict... pain!

you can always drop the price to 75 or so

Or make them relightable again, by walking up to a torch or by crouching over a flare.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."

oh, I get it, this is a trick to drop fire bolt prices...shh...

YEAH, NOT LIKE DROPPING PRICES WOULD AFFECT THE GAME OR ANYTHING. IN FACT, I BET THAT WOULD CAUSE A DECREASE IN FIRE SPAMMERS.

heh heh...they won't even know what hit em when we all start spamming...

YEP...A DECREASE IN SPAMMERS...YESSIREE...GOOD FOR THE WHOLE GAME.

boy, you guys sure are smart coming up with a plan like this...shh.

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
    Or make them relightable again, by walking up to a torch or by crouching over a flare.
    Virus, your just an endless abyss of cool ideas!

How about getting rid of fire arrows alltogther from the loadouts, and give guards the ability to turn any bolt into a fire bolt by lighting it on a torch or flare! The bolt would have to be fired then and there (I can't see how a guard can carry around 7 flaming bolts in his pocket really, can you? - Especially when guards can dive in and out of water as they can)

If the bolt isn't fired then nothing is lost, tho possibly you could argue that he should loose the bolt he lit.

This could slow down the rate at which bolts could be fired, and stop ppl just whipping out the crossbow and firing them like rockets. It would require preparation or teamwork (one guard could light a flare and light the others crossbow bolt).

On the original idea, I like it, Fire bolts should act like flares when equiped and hit by water.

Cool ideas. I don't know if I like the idea of making any bolt into a firebolt since they can restock. A better way would to be for it to only work with tag bolts or something like that. Or taking away the ability for guards to catch fire could balance it.
    Signed,
    Richard M. Nixon.

I want to be able to jam a flare on a reg bolt and turn it into a flare bolt (aka tag bolt).

It's hard for me to humor any ideas about nerfing guards until something is done about the damn bj.

Just today I was beating on a thief with a mace and he turned around and bj'd me.

BJ = really sharp short sword.

This idea is similar to the crossbow in Timesplitters 2(which is where you might have gotten it from ).If you had the crossbow equipped,and pointed it into a torch,the bolt would catch on fire.I have another idea to add that might make it balanced.Imagine to make it a firebolt,you would need some cloth soaked in gas and you only have like 5 or so per map.Or they can make it buyable in the loadouts.That way,you have to conserve it,and not just go crazy with replenishible bolts.Let me know if this sounds like a ok idea.

Originally posted by Grey_Fx
    This idea is similar to the crossbow in Timesplitters 2(which is where you might have gotten it from ).If you had the crossbow equipped,and pointed it into a torch,the bolt would catch on fire.I have another idea to add that might make it balanced.Imagine to make it a firebolt,you would need some cloth soaked in gas and you only have like 5 or so per map.Or they can make it buyable in the loadouts.That way,you have to conserve it,and not just go crazy with replenishible bolts.Let me know if this sounds like a ok idea.
    Hmm, that sounds a little too confusing, buying stuff so you can make stuff using other stuff...

I did like the idea of guards not being able to catch fire though, that would balance it...
    Also, if a guard lights a bolt on fire, he cannot switch weapons, or he'd lose his fire arrow, and if a fire-arrow is carried longer than a minute, it fades and becomes a normal arrow again.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..."

Originally posted by -=V12US=-
    Hmm, that sounds a little too confusing, buying stuff so you can make stuff using other stuff...

I did like the idea of guards not being able to catch fire though, that would balance it...
    Also, if a guard lights a bolt on fire, he cannot switch weapons, or he'd lose his fire arrow, and if a fire-arrow is carried longer than a minute, it fades and becomes a normal arrow again.
    have you played home alone for sega genesis?

hmmmm i like this idea
    Assassin-=:ToB:=-
    Peirce me with steal Rend me with claw and fang but as i die a ledgend is born for another generation to follow

I only see one problem with this. Guards have an infinite supply of flares and bolts from the chest, so they have nearly an endless supply of fire bolts. Even if they could only make/carry one at a time, imagine a team of four guards, one lights a flare, and the guards all light up their bolts on it. That's 400 loot worth of fire bolts right there.

Scoth

Yes that may well be so, but the bolts would only last for 1 minute before deminishing, and they'd take a while to light (I think as long as a normal torch does would be suitable)

Most of the time, a thief would see that the bolts are being prepared and make a run for it, unless the guard decides to partrol the level with his crossbow out. (Which would make him slower and therefore more vunerable)

And if a team of 4 guards can co-ordinate like you say, then more power to them! good teamwork!

How about if a guard goes under-water all their firebolts are ruined...

...I like the water arrow idea too...

My LVs helped me XD

The complete Nerf List to make every muddafukka happy:

Thieves:

Blackjack = Now fourty pounds heavier and KOs with the slightest tap of the mouse.

Sword = Now ten feet long so you can hack anonamously from the shadows!

Short Bow = Now with a nightvision 20x scope. Great fun for all sorts of shennanigans!

Broadhead Arrows = Now tipped with razorblades!

Water Arrows = Using the latest Antimatter technology, these powerful vortex generators can be used to put out tag bolts, candles, streetlamps, even an entire gaurd if shot in the back of the head. Why the back of the head? Why, thats where he keeps his twinkies of course.

Vine Arrows = Now equipped with automatic noosing action to hang that pesky gaurd following you.

Moss Arrows = Good enough when given time to cover a hundred square feet within thirty seconds. This magic moss also has the ability to stick to gaurds if fired at them and suck their life force out and turn them to stone! Neat!

Footstep Arrows = Now with portable holographic matrix generators (copyright Flabbybastard Corp) they can quickly generate a realistic taffer on the spot to fool even the sharpest of mead guzziling wanker gaurds.

Crack Arrows = Utilizing a Temporal Champaign Immersion Chip, make any gaurd drunk on the spot, or sit back and have a festive evening with these delicious arrows. With or without the Morning-wow-who-are-you-and-what-are-you-doing-in-my-bed subprotocols.

Meh. Gaurds, i dont feel like it for you guys. Not like anyone will find this amusing anyway

LazerMane

You forgot...

Firebolts: Now equipped with 40 pounds of plastic C-4, to give you more bang for your buck.