TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: About Messageboards

About Messageboards

People:

I'm afraid some of you aren't familiar with messageboards so I'm gonna throw this concept out there for you to chew upon. I've been cruising messageboards for over 5 years now and I used to have some of the same difficulties I see expressed here.

FIRSTThe purpose of the board)
    Messageboards such as this are for the expression of ideas and opinions. If you don't like other peoples ideas and opinions...even if they are expressed as a gripe, then you should stay away from messageboards.

SECONDDon't read into a message)
    Too often on messageboards when a person expresses a gripe (BJ's SUCK, for instance) the readers assume the poster is unhappy. Well, I don't know about anybody else but I think this MOD is GREAT. I've spent over 30 hrs. thinking about and building a website for a thievery team. This is something I've never done for any other game. Just because I gripe about one tiny aspect of the MOD doesn't mean I don't think the game rocks.

THIRDIt isn't personal)
    Just because I disagree with you about Firebolts or BJ's doesn't mean I think your an idiot or dislike you. I think that LaughingRats opinion on adding time to the maps is pure balogna but I like LaughingRat as a person and enjoy gaming with him. Just because I rake your back over an issue on this board doesn't mean I don't like you or anything. Don't take this stuff personally. I'm not fighting, I'm expressing opinions and nothing more.

Once again, this is a freaking GREAT MOD. I can rattle off 1/2 doz things or so that I love about it without even thinking, here is the list:
    1) Love the different maps, guard maps and thief map variety is great.
    2) Love the voice packs.
    3) Love the variety of ways to do stuff.
    4) Love the sound effects (creaking floors, breaking glass, splashing water)
    5) Love the spiders.
    6) Love the team effort it takes to win.
    7) Love the cool people I've met.

That list took about a minute to type, I didn't even have to pause to stop and think because there is SO much to like and I like the people as well.

Anyways, I've said all that to say that if you are new to messagboards, relax. Don't read bile into a message that has none. Allow people to rant without thinking they hate the game or anybody here.

Peace dudes.

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil
    DAMMIT, I WANTED THE POST WHORE AWARD!
    I've been posting pure drivel for months, often repeating myself.
    I've been posting pure drivel for months, often repeating myself.

AND I STILL DON'T GET THE AWARD?

I GUESS I'LL JUST HAVE TO TRY HARDER THIS YEAR.

JoO AskEd FeR iT

I think i'm going to believe you now....

You will always be a idiot , but anyways ..... if you ment me, of one of the persons who doesn't understand the board . . . . well your wrong.

I just hate to see 4 threads, when it can be reduced to only 1, good organised [ spelling ?!? ] thread.

You've written out some good points there.
    word up MG.
    And to speak it out just once: I love you.

RLF!!1

Wow, maybe Beo should join the RLF.

Re: About Messageboards

Originally posted by Whine_Gerbil
    5) Love the spiders.
    He came around!?

THIRDIt isn't personal)
    Who called me a cockroach?????

You will always be a idiot
    hey y did u have the joker sign there

Re: Re: About Messageboards

Originally posted by Poseur
    He came around!?
    Oh yeah. A long time ago, when he found out some of them were friends.

Dude, I wish you would have told me to read this before I made my last post........

Outrider........Buuuddyyy...........I'm sorry man............I........i went off. I didnt MEAN it.
    All that shit I said was wrong man.............I feel bad now.

Unless I took it the right way. If thats so then STFU !!!!!!! MUUWAAAHAAAHAAHAHA

OH YEAH BABY I STILL GOT IT.........WOOOO HOOOO ME !! HAPPYDANCE BABY !!

And my doctors tryin to tell me "I'M" BIPOLAR......Yeah WHATEVER DOC....friggin quack !!

Of course memme I am wrong I dunno I'm goin to lay down now.

Yes, message boards and written communication are exceptionally hard concepts to grasp.

I am so happy you share your five years of experience with us.
    Don't be afraid of the dark.
    Be afraid of what it hides.

Re: About Messageboards

Originally posted by Mad_Gerbil

I think that LaughingRats opinion on adding time to the maps is pure balogna but I like LaughingRat as a person and enjoy gaming with him. Just because I rake your back over an issue on this board doesn't mean I don't like you or anything.
    and rakeing LR's back is fun...don't ge tme wrong...but i rather rake than scrub