TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

View Poll Results: Who do you want the leader of the U.S. team to be?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nemesis#3

0 0%
  • Ghostly

8 36.36%
  • Biohzard

2 9.09%
  • Firetiger5

9 40.91%
  • Unstoppable

3 13.64%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: :weird:

Ok, I have said this before but i am going to say it again just so everyone here knows.
    My comp is kinda busted and it will get a new OS (windows 2000) mabye wednesday at the latest (wednesday is January 15). It shouldn't be a problem unless you are planning to do something within that time. It would be cool to be a leader tho, if I get enough votes that is. Also, does anyone know if TUT works in windows 2000? I've heard people saying that they are having problems with games in 2000.

You might consider XP for TUT, it's really much better for gaming compatibility than Win2k ever was.

Honestly, I don't think there should be a "Team USA." In fact, I think it's a terrible idea -- there are far too many US players for it to work.

So what I'm saying is, don't even think of recruiting me, okay? I'm not interested.

Originally posted by MrEricSir
    So what I'm saying is, don't even think of recruiting me, okay? I'm not interested.
    He really wants to play. He's just using reverse psychology.

Originally posted by MrEricSir
    You might consider XP for TUT, it's really much better for gaming compatibility than Win2k ever was.

Honestly, I don't think there should be a "Team USA." In fact, I think it's a terrible idea -- there are far too many US players for it to work.

ditto what mrericsir said
    go with win xp you'll be much happier with game compatibiity

Well, xp would be great, but i dont want to do it for 4 reasons:

1. i can get windows 2000 for free

2. i dont have enough money to buy xp

3. if i bought xp i would want to get professional version which is even more money

4. if i bought the upgrade, which is still expensive in itself: i have heard many bad things about upgrading to xp.

Originally posted by Firetiger5
    Well, xp would be great, but i dont want to do it for 4 reasons:

1. i can get windows 2000 for free

2. i dont have enough money to buy xp

3. if i bought xp i would want to get professional version which is even more money

4. if i bought the upgrade, which is still expensive in itself: i have heard many bad things about upgrading to xp.
    I personally think Windows 2000 is a horrible choice for gaming. I think XP is a bad idea too, unless you LIKE your computer sending info to Microsoft. My Windows OS of choice is 98SE (WinME crashed on me in the first 6 hours more times than 98se crashes in a month).

Anyways, I just got my friend interested in TUT, and he's played it a few times on Windows 2000 without any problems (one time he loaded it up and had no sound, but a reboot fixed that).

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    One of these days, I'm going to learn to save all the pages he posts in for future reference....
    I'm not used to speaking harshly, so there I'll go --

That was fucking moronic of you, Unstoppable.

Originally posted by Slappy
    I personally think Windows 2000 is a horrible choice for gaming. I think XP is a bad idea too, unless you LIKE your computer sending info to Microsoft. My Windows OS of choice is 98SE (WinME crashed on me in the first 6 hours more times than 98se crashes in a month).

Anyways, I just got my friend interested in TUT, and he's played it a few times on Windows 2000 without any problems (one time he loaded it up and had no sound, but a reboot fixed that).
    I'd have to agree w/ Slappy here. Win XP is a realli bad choice, I have it and its constantly causing problems for me in game. Sometimes its little things like, pushing shift too many times causing it to return to windows saying u have a "stuck key". Its jus a bad choice if your going to run games on it, I'm not sure about Win 2000 tho, haven't tried it yet. Win 98 seems to work very nicely tho...
    !i>"A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sense"<i!

Leayh.

Whee. Wait, this mod's in a different country? AAH! Damnation! The satanic anti-patriotism! *kills all with daisy cutter bombs*

So, yeah. Ghosty, you got my vote. Cheers.

LM

Originally posted by !i>\/iktoria<i!
    <snipped>
    This is the PC equivalent of sticky keys, it's a feature, not a bug. Under accesability of whater it's called in Windows, there is an option to disable it.

I've been staying out of this conversation, as I'm a mac/nix guy, but I have to say the only real choice for Windows is 2000. Anything that isn't based on the NT kernel just sucks, XP is evil, and 200 is -barely- tolerable. On good days. And I've also had no problems with games on it.

I didnt' say it was a bug, I was jus highly annoyed by the "sticky key" thing. When I'd be messin' around in TuT and I'd jump repeatedly, it would get out of TuT w/ the message "you have a sticky key". I didn't know it could be disabled, but I was jus stating that it was a problem for me in game. Not anymore tho, thx for the info!
    !i>"A High IQ Doesn't Make Up For A Lack Of Common Sense"<i!

Originally posted by Lurox
    I'm not used to speaking harshly, so there I'll go --

That was fucking moronic of you, Unstoppable.
    No, it was moronic of me not to have saved those pages.