TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nostalgia on the Brain

Originally posted by Buho
    Mad Gerbil, you want to drop banked loot for the Sunday skirmish to 80% originally-posted values? Please clarify on the correct thread. Also, as far as Sunday's skirmish goes, dropped loot will always be 100%, since the thief team will be full and any thief that does not respawn drops all his loot.
    Please contact ME with the loot drop information soon, as this requires a .ini file modification I have to make if it's not going to be 50%.

WBill and Gerb, contact me individually with your respective passwords for your admin access to the server for the match.

WBill, contact me about setting up a practice time on Saturday for your team. The server is off limits from 13:00-15:00 CST (GMT-6:00) for CTG practice, but any other time that day is probably do-able (afternoon or evening preferred).

Phaethorn:

If the team decides as a team that they wish to use there life pool in that way to win, then it is fine with me. It isn't a bug, IMHO, it is taking control of ALL the resources you have to win the map instead of using lives willy nilly.

It's okay if we disagree, but a thief team that thinks in the terms I've expressed is more likely to win. Once they set self imposed rules aside and see each and every thing they are given as a resource they are well on the way to coming up with new and unbeatable strategies.

Originally posted by LaughingRat
    Please contact ME with the loot drop information soon, as this requires a .ini file modification I have to make if it's not going to be 50%.

WBill and Gerb, contact me individually with your respective passwords for your admin access to the server for the match.

WBill, contact me about setting up a practice time on Saturday for your team. The server is off limits from 13:00-15:00 CST (GMT-6:00) for CTG practice, but any other time that day is probably do-able (afternoon or evening preferred).
    I'd be satisfied with 80%, but the thieves seem to want 100%.
    Any value 80% or higher is fine by me.

Let's go with 100% if WildBill and his band of merry men are okay with that (which they seem to be)

*sigh*

Don't post. Confer, decide, THEN let me know.

How about killed people only drop one random potion?

Originally posted by Deep Qantas
    How about killed people only drop one random potion?
    Yeah.

Nice idea, DQ.

Rat's "No such thing as lame" article could easily excuse cheating. Furthermore, the way the writer of the article excuses a ban on Akuma in SFA3 in a pathetic way compared to the endless lambasting of the word "lame" showing the obvious double standard and weakness of the entire argument. In fact, the idea that something out there COULD be lame completely decimates the article.

Furthermore, he applies Sun Tzu's "The Art of War" to repeatedly and endlessly hitting Crouch + Strong Punch in SFA3 in another article, so he isn't really credible.

I've spent the past hour or so poking around on Nostalgia, it wasn't a map I was completely familiar with. From what I saw, though, respawning loot is going to be an issue. It's not like can be prevented, and it seems silly to ask thieves not to pick up loot that's there just because it respawned for whatever reason. On the other hand, I think camping loot spawns is a bit lame, anyone else care to comment on that?

The bugged sewers are also going to be annoying, but they can be worked around. I've also seen a couple other potential problems for ghosters, but I'm not going to share those here for obvious reasons. ^_^

Originally posted by PhaeThorn

- It's using a bug. And bug-using is lame. ( the bug that you can kill yourself for extra items )
    This was in reference to Gerbil's idea that a thief could kill himself to give items to the other thief.

PhaeThorn - to clarify, this is NOT a bug. A bug is where software doesn't work as designed.

When a thief dies, he drops all his potions, so anyone may pick them up. Therefore when a thief suicides, his team-mate can get the potions. The game is working as it was designed. No bugs here!

However, it is a design flaw.

I propose the following design change - you only drop potions/items when you are killed by another player. Since friendly fire is off, that means you were killed by a member of the opposing team, and most likely, he will get your items. Of course this will still allow Thief #2 to pick up Thief #1's items, but it requires a guard to have killed Thief #1.

on the lootdrop debate: I used to think that 100 % lootdrop should be used because of the horrible "respawning loot" thing. However, I don't think it will really help much. A thief can still find a place with no guards, and continue grabbing the same loot over and over - with 100% loot drop, he will just loot the same object more times than he would if lootdrop were 50%. This really needs to be fixed by the devs, so that it remembers which loot each thief took, and respawns only those loots ONCE. Or, an easier solution may be to prevent any given loot from respawning twice within 10 (or 5, or whatever) minutes.

Originally posted by OHHDEAR
    Rat's "No such thing as lame" article could easily excuse cheating. Furthermore, the way the writer of the article excuses a ban on Akuma in SFA3 in a pathetic way compared to the endless lambasting of the word "lame" showing the obvious double standard and weakness of the entire argument. In fact, the idea that something out there COULD be lame completely decimates the article.
    Don't be ridiculous. The author very specifically condemns cheating. He also admits that there are some grey areas in some games. Regarding the Akuma issue, the character in that particular game is UNBEATABLE. However, the thief tactics that receive the most whining here in the forum as well as ingame are NOT unbeatable, as evidenced by the fact that every single one that's been complained about has someone who's stood up and said "Oh, that's not so hard. I've countered that in thus-and-such manner."

He says akuma is unbeatable because nothing can counter the flying fireball..... when in fact Ken and chun-li also had flying moves just they where not ranged attacks and so anyone who went akuma had something he could effectively "Camp" behind since, how can you beat a ranged when you only have melee to use........ i think it is also flawed, especially in terms of multi user games. However some of the ethics behind it are true to form never the less......

Anyway this is a loot spawn bug and im told its now fixed, after extensive testing i got onto Dalai about it and he fxed it... alls we do now is wait.....

As for loot drop percent on a match i would say EITHER 0% dropped (since dead thieves dont add to the objective anyone you kill cant win) or 100% since that takes away the time and effort that partivcular thief spent getting the loot. There is one thing though each time a thief loses loot it starts to buildup in banked loot (for the map0 to be respawned), its simply upto the guards to not camp and actively check each loot location in turn to listen, watch and kill anyone taking it...... on nostalgia this is quite easy imo

Thank you and GOODNIGHT!

ThieveryUT