TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Garrett's Revenge on Expert?

Garrett's Revenge on Expert?

Does an expert walkthrough of Garrett's Revenge exist? I'm playing it and am stuck. I've already seen the Normal walkthrough but an expert one to help me mast the sticking points would be really nice.

Thanks.

I don't think that an Expert level walkthrough exists for this one. I also don't believe anyone has ever found enough loot to complete it on Expert, at least not that I've come across. If you get too frustrated, abandon it and go load up Errand Boy, which is the T2 version of the same mission, but MUCH improved. It's better lit, much more "finished" and you can get it a lot more of the buildings.

edit: I replayed this mission and have found plenty of loot ot complete it on Expert. I have a loot list, now, that includes enough to finish on Expert, though not all the loot available. If anyone wants it, just email me.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 22nd Jun 2003 at 16:39.

Frustrated

Well, I tried it again but still wasn't able to finish. I wasn't able to complete the Bank objective, the Exotic Dealer in Docks Objective, and the loot one. So I just bagged it and moved on to the Death of Garrett. If anyone has any hints on Garrett's Revenge on Expert I'd be happy to hear them though. I'd still like to give it a shot in the future after the frustration wears off.

Originally posted by Nightwalker
    I also don't believe anyone has ever found enough loot to complete it on Expert, at least not that I've come across.
    I was able to finish this FM on expert with a good bit more loot than was required, but not without your spoilers on locating a couple of keys. I played the better lit gold release first and then the darker original release. I obtained the same loot on both.

Do you realize the number of FM's that would go unfinished for alot of us forum members if it weren't for your vast amount of useful info? Thanx, and don't let ANYTHING eat into your Thief playing and forum time. Too many of us are counting on you to bail us out.

Why thank you! I don't suppose you kept a list of where you found the loot in Garrett's Revenge, did you? It might come in handy because it's difficult to find. I've never really tried all that hard, but I'm not much of a loot hound, so I probably wouldn't do all that well.

I didn't make a list of loot locations, but actually
    spoiler:
    the only loot that's sorta hard to find is at the start of the mission and it's behind the door that only opens partway initially. If one keeps bashing it with the sword (probably BJ too), it eventually opens far enough to be slipped past and there's a gold nugget in there behind the overturned table. I guess the two rings (I hate those) are hard to spot, they always are. One's in a closet on a shelf with other various loot in the building I accessed through two tapestries while coming from the bank and the other is on a windowsill on the 1st floor of the building containing a corpse upstairs and overtuned furniture on both floors. The rest of the loot is out in the open or found while completing the other objectives.

And your welcome.

I've finished this fm at expert not soo long ago but like nchw68 said if you bash everywood door you find and use ropes on every edge that is under a window ther shuoldn't be any problem .... just put the gamma corection up and keep you view on the walls (don't forget the wooden doors only them can be bashed) If i were u ( rignes

) I would retart and what nchw68 and me advice you .... but is up to you cose in fact we din't tell you much probaly nothing new but the fatc that you should keep you eays on everythin twice should help

I'm playing through some of the older missions and right now I'm stuck on this one. I have all the loot and objectives except for the Keeper Mission I'm supposed to complete. I've read through all the notes and books I've come across including the one on the level you have to rope arrow up to where I knocked out a keeper/thief. Reading the other posts I get the impression it's related to a dealer who I though was the guy I knocked out standing in front of the fire place with the safe in it. I can't find the objective I need to complete to make it tick off. Any one know what it is? Thanks in advance.

I'd also like to know what the Keeper's mission is. Something to do with the bank?

You have to kill the Innkeeper. He's the person who betrayed them.

Thanks a lot.