TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help with Burrick's Head Inn

Help with Burrick's Head Inn

A really great mission, I'm enjoying it tremendously! I'm a big fan of classical music, and this one is literally music to my ears!

But it seems that I'm stuck.

spoiler:
    Just where in dickens is that gem? I've searched everywhere to no avail! I've opened the gate on top balcony, but don't know what purpose that serves. I seem to recall a note mentioning it as an escape route, but I might be wrong about that. I've been unable to access the first balcony of suite 6. Help!

- Mika L

The readme mentions that the lower balcony wasn't meant to be accessed and that you shouldn't try, as you'd only get stuck.

From the various notes and hints around the mission

spoiler:
    Look on the top floor of Suite 6 close to where the fight happened

If you still can't find it . . .
    spoiler:
    It is incredibly tiny and very hard to see, so don't feel bad

and
    spoiler:
    Look for a tiny (size of a coin) white disk . . .

Final hint
    spoiler:
    Look near the desk
    on the wall
    hidden in the pattern

This is definately my most favorite mission so far Kudos to the author, this is one polished mission. I really love all the books and titles (Poetry by JC Van Damne - what a riot! and "Princess Bride" refrences are always fun ). The whole mission runs very smooth (except for the rope part, but that is a minor thing - maybe a crate should be added to the pantry in that room so that it is easier to get to the rope? Might not actually help, but it's a thought). The music was superb and it is very nice to find a mission which actually labels keys and other important objects! I was also quite impressed by the lighting. That took a lot of work and was pulled off very nicely. The story was interesting and dynamic, fitting well with the feel of the level.

Good job to the author! You made a masterpiece
    KFort

I'm having so much trouble with the rope, I've stopped there. Any tricks, other than the look up and jump one the author gives?

If you go into your Options, game settings, you can set Ladder climbing to "touch". I think that helps with ropes, too. It seemed to make the rope easier to catch for me, but it still took a lot of tries.

I'm stuck on this one too . I've cleaned out suites 1 through 5 and still see no way to enter suite 6 .

bdkl, did you find the key to Room #4? You need to head down to the lower level of the Innkeepers private rooms and read what you find there.

Yep . I've been in rooms 2,3,4, and 5 .
    spoiler:
    The wall safe in room 4 is cleaned out . I was assuming there was a rope arrow to find or a route from balcony # 4 to room 6 , but i can't find anything .

spoiler:
    There should be a dangling rope already in place between the 6th floor upper balcony and the fourth floor balcony. It hangs down to about chest level in the middle of the fourth floor balcony. If it isn't there, then something's not right. It can be really hard to get onto the rope, but eventually you should be able to.

spoiler:
    I may have to play this one from scratch - I don't see a rope . I probably shouldn't have black jacked that bloke in the basement .

Yeah, I think we all should show more restraint towards that bloke in the basement.

spoiler:
    Who is that guy anyways? I mean, I thought the thief guy was upstairs robbing the place not downstairs exiting to the sewers! There was kind of a reference to "someone in the shadows" in one of the books, but I don't get how he fits with the rest of the story.

Hmm, never tried knocking him out . . . . followed him into the sewers once - no need for a sewer key! (just don't close the door while you're on the wrong side )

He was supposed to have tested the exit and then gone up. The guy in the shadows is you.

Oh! I must have missed that when I read through the journal.
    Now it all fits nicely I really like having a plot which is interwoven and consistant. Makes the gameplay so much more immersive.

Thanks!

Kfort, thanks for the tip!

spoiler:
    That was the most devious location for the switch! Truly well hidden. I thought I'd combed everything, but there it was. I'm a dolt.

I've finished it now. This is a highly entertaining mission. Everything's in perfect balance in this one. It has an interesting story, great setting, the architecture suits perfectly, there's a touch of humour, drama, elegance, and challenge. A brilliant effort!

And I love the music. It really helps set the mood for the mission.

- Mika L

I may have posted this elsewhere, too, but...

Burrick's Head was a fine mission. I haven't played all of the top tier C4 Missions (I don't have time to play every one of them.), but I wouldn't be surprised if this one carried the contest home. Not as good as Hightowne Museum, but few missions are. That aside, this was just a great mission. Just really great.

Though, didn't Embracing the Enemy have an easier rope to use?

And, what does it say about me if I
    spoiler:
    correctly guessed at who K (In Abigail's Diary.) was before going downstairs and reading the letter to K?

The music was a nice touch although the Pogues mixed with Vivaldi was a trifle discordant.

spoiler:
    Loved "Death of Ase" on the Victrola just after I'd put an arrow through Ms. Lindstrom

can anybody tell me where
    spoiler:
    the slow fall potion is? it was mentioned in the thief's diary - but I couldn't find it. And I'd love to go down via this backyard!

in my despair I even grabbed
    spoiler:
    the green wine bottles at his desk and - suprise - they gave me some loot points! wished I had known this earlier - all those guards are alert now!

really loved this great mission - fine story, superb details - and the music (especially mozart) was chosen nicely!
    My favourite part was
    spoiler:
    the struggle for the light buttons in the first floor

Originally posted by trix
    can anybody tell me where
    spoiler:
    the slow fall potion is? it was mentioned in the thief's diary - but I couldn't find it. And I'd love to go down via this backyard!
    spoiler:
    It's on the 4th floor, in the bedroom (where the other thief climbed up the rope). Look VERY CLOSELY at the frame of the window left of the painting.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Originally posted by Eshaktaar
    spoiler:
    It's on the 4th floor, in the bedroom (where the other thief climbed up the rope). Look VERY CLOSELY at the frame of the window left of the painting.
    In that same location you'll find
    spoiler:
    a gas arrow
    which makes the no-kill objective on expert quite a bit easier....

I've noticed with both of the
    spoiler:
    secret buttons in room 4 and room 6
    that they're much easier to see
    spoiler:
    with the lights ON... which is tricky since most taffers never like turning lights on if they can help it...

Indeed, this is a stupenedous mission. Many people reported having difficulty with the rope. I found it very easy to get on the rope if you tried it from the right side of the balcony (your right if you are looking out onto it from the bedroom). I hope that small bit of information will alleviate some frustration.

I agree with you all. This is a very very good mission, with just a few unpolished edges. The trouble with the ropes is mentioned in the author's notes in darkloader, or am I the only person who reads that stuff?

For some strange reason, the phonograph in the main parlor is the only one that played any music for me, even though all of them highlighted in the game. The music did however follow me though most of the game, and it was unique I must admit. This is probably a problem with MY game.

The climax on the top level was fun to watch. I saw both sides of it since I saved my game just before going in. Someone else reported a strange occurance with Garret's broadheads not hitting the survivor and I witnessed this oddity as well. I don't really see this as a downer, I see it more as a prompt to change my way of thinking.

spoiler:
    A gas arrow on the survivor works better than all of Garret's broadheads.

All in all, a very well balanced mission. Thank you to the author for creating something I personall has never seen before.

I can confirm that the first time I played this mission,
    spoiler:
    there was no rope on the 4th floor balcony.
    I restarted and this time it was there, plain as day. Bizarre. I hadn't
    spoiler:
    blackjacked the guy in the basement who runs to the sewers.

Great mission even with this one strange issue.

About the rope, I just make a short run for it, then jump. No problem at all.

BTW, excellent mission! Very well crafted story, and just as well executed. Moody, fun and challenging! And also the architecture is great... and all the little things...like that dramatic music when you
    spoiler:
    enter room 4 and find the dead guy (the innkeeper?)
    Never mind the burricks!

Beautiful mission! Lovely levels, lovely decorating, beautiful music. Nice touches like the re-sized lost city lights for the wine rack, the light that goes on in the food closet (mediaeval fridge?) etc. Lovely, lovely mission. The rope was a bit annoying for me as well, but after 5 or six tries, I attached to it. I think sufficiently backing up before your run and hop helps. It's a pity about the dreaded Death Stage 12 bug with the arrows, but that's only a small thing. I think this one and Thief Noir are two of my top favourites so far.

This mission is a pure gem. (no pun intended....hummm err on second thought )

I'm going have a go at ghosting this one or a least as much as I can. Did anybody have the lady (forgot name) win the fight? I did the second time around.
    spoiler:
    I helped her out with a well placed arrow shot

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast