TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: Secret Weapon

Secret Weapon

I just played this one and quite enjoyed it
    spoiler:
    I especially liked turning those hammer reinforcments into spiders

It reminds me of something from one of the previous contests, not sure what though...

I thought it was a lot of fun - well done to the author!

Yeah, I agree. It was fun
    spoiler:
    Here, Hammer, Hammer, Hammer! I have something for you . . . . . boing! . . . . . eeeh! eeeeh!

I did find the lightning at problem at times (no shadows?) and those marble stairs were killer!
    The scene
    spoiler:
    with the woman in the test chamber was rather humorous (Dark humor, at leat!)

The voice acting through out the mission was quite good. I'm always very impressed when people do custom voices and these were done very well.

Congrats to the designer!
    Good Job

This one was good and tricky. Timing to get the AI was tricky and a challenge, and the mission felt as though you were accomplishing a real Thief type task. This was a good one for driven game play. Hey! Did you find the
    spoiler:
    coin in the angel statue's butt
    ? Great stuff! A good mix of ominous and humourous> Loved this mission!

I liked starting a fight between the Hammers and the Mechanists at the beginning. It's too bad that the Hammer reinforcements won't fight the remaining Mechanists!?

Cool! Magic arrows! Loved this one! The legend of the spider was cool too! I like it when people write stories with mythology in them. Also, it was funny that:
    spoiler:
    The Mechs are so rich they have money coming out of their asses! (statue)

The use of the magic arrow was GREAT!
    Excellent voice acting as well!
    Challenging, but not frustrating, just perfect. Good objectives. Interesting story, interesting gameplay.

BANNED
    Some of the doors and textures are solid blue, I don't mind the textures, but because the doors are blue, I can't frob them! Or open them. Can anyone tell me what to do?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I had that too... it's because there are textures missing from the ZIP file (probably DEDx textures that got left out, that's happening quite a bit). Luckily, it also means that those blue "doors" are just textures and not real doors.... you couln't open them even if you could see them.

Has anyone else figured out that at the beginning if you climb up on the crate and jump, the two hammers will go running inside to investigate and take out some of the mechs for you?

Where is the loot and 3 secrets?

Playing this one for the first time. I only have 450 loot. Where is all the loot and the secrets?

From a (probably faulty) memory, I recall a banner, a crate and a bookcase ie. a clue to each!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    From a (probably faulty) memory, I recall a banner, a crate and a bookcase ie. a clue to each!
    Got the banner and crate. Is the bookcase in the 2nd floor library? Can't seem to find a switch,but I am sure the crate in there plays a role. I have close to 900 loot and 2 out of 3 secrets.
    Albert

I thought it was in the 2nd floor library. Is it a frobbable book? If you are still struggling I will look over the w/e.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    I thought it was in the 2nd floor library. Is it a frobbable book? If you are still struggling I will look over the w/e.
    I can not find a frobable book anywhere in that libary. I found a coin on top of one of the bookcases.
    Albert

kfort,
    spoiler:
    Turn the lights off.

Abert,
    spoiler:
    Secrets, 1) The room with the masks - check the posts holding up the stairs.

2) First floor, The statue on one side of the entrance doors on the first floor has a button on the front of it.

3) Check under banners.
    Last edited by The inscrutable po; 22nd Oct 2005 at 00:28.

I give up. How do you get into the library? I'm looking for the pagan book.

Quote Originally Posted by The inscrutable po
    I give up. How do you get into the library? I'm looking for the pagan book.
    Did you get the Red key? That should get you in.
    Albert

Thanks. I thought I tried that key a half a dozen times, but I guess not. The first time I tried it today it worked. I'm still missing loot and I am in possession of a mysterious object...

spoiler:
    Seems like the "unused" magic arrow must open something. What is it? If I'm wrong about that, where is the additional 600 loot I'm missing?

Thorin is quite adept at hiding loot right in front of your eyes. If you list what loot you already have, that would help us to know what you don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by The inscrutable po
    Thanks. I thought I tried that key a half a dozen times, but I guess not. The first time I tried it today it worked. I'm still missing loot and I am in possession of a mysterious object...

spoiler:
    Seems like the "unused" magic arrow must open something. What is it? If I'm wrong about that, where is the additional 600 loot I'm missing?
    I am sitting at 865 loot so far out of 1635 loot on expert. I have not used the arrows on anything, so not sure if they lead to more loot or not.

uncadonego - I did not make a list of what I found, but I found the most obvious loot including the coin in the library.
    Albert

spoiler:
    First Floor
    Frob switch on hammer of hammer statue (SECRET!) opens up door under first floor staircase to find a ring 100 (100)
    coin in angel statue's ass 90 (190)
    between second floor and first floor on staircase landing look up at pattern on second floor panelling _coin on one of the florets 45 (235)
    Second Floor
    outside balcony left side lean forward towards far window frame -ring 85 (310)
    cut down mech banner near stairs and reveal a necklace 200 (510)
    Third Floor
    purse on table 100 (610)
    coin on top of last banister post 45 (655)
    Library Fourth Floor
    coin on top of bookshelf 5 (660)
    Book of Woodsie Mythology
    Hard to find on bottom shelf of one of the bookshelves-small air brush carved out with a gem that is hard to frob 450 (1110)
    Fifth Floor
    lost city jar 20X3 of them 60 (1170)
    mask 50X6 of them 300 (1470)
    (SECRET!) switch in pillar under stair landing moves vase
    -gold nugget 165 (1635)
    Sixth Floor
    unlock crate (SECRET!)healing potion
    Top Floor
    Journal of Brother Kruesi
    magic arrow

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego
    spoiler:

between second floor and first floor on staircase landing look up at pattern on second floor panelling _coin on one of the florets 45 (235)

Library Fourth Floor
    Hard to find on bottom shelf of one of the bookshelves-small air brush carved out with a gem that is hard to frob 450 (1110)
    Still can't find these two loot items. I guess I am just being too picky.
    Albert

Okay, finally found the library one. Now that one on the floorette. Maybe it is because I am not sure what a floorette is. :-)
    Albert

Quote Originally Posted by uncadonego
    spoiler:
    First Floor
    Frob switch on hammer of hammer statue (SECRET!) opens up door under first floor staircase to find a ring 100 (100)
    coin in angel statue's ass 90 (190)
    Second Floor
    outside balcony left side lean forward towards far window frame -ring 85 (310)
    cut down mech banner near stairs and reveal a necklace 200 (510)
    Third Floor
    purse on table 100 (610)
    coin on top of last banister post 45 (655)
    Library Fourth Floor
    coin on top of bookshelf 5 (660)
    Book of Woodsie Mythology
    Fifth Floor
    lost city jar 20X3 of them 60 (1170)
    mask 50X6 of them 300 (1470)
    (SECRET!) switch in pillar under stair landing moves vase
    -gold nugget 165 (1635)
    Sixth Floor
    unlock crate (SECRET!)healing potion
    Top Floor
    Journal of Brother Kruesi
    magic arrow

Thanks uncadonego! Found all of it.
    Albert