TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UnFortunate Formulae

UnFortunate Formulae

help i cant find the key to get into the rom in the attic

and also i found:

spoiler:
    2 buttons on the fireplace in tobias's room. one big grey one inside and a small red on the side to garretts right. but i cant find whut they do? any clues?

Re: UnFortunate Formulae

Originally posted by ShadowWolf421
    help i cant find the key to get into the rom in the attic
    spoiler:
    Check the statue in the garden.

and also i found:
    spoiler:
    2 buttons on the fireplace in tobias's room. one big grey one inside and a small red on the side to garretts right. but i cant find whut they do? any clues?
    spoiler:
    The button in the fireplace activates the lift in the kitchen.
    Cartographer's Note FM: in production.
    Download Old Comrades, Old Debts FM or Mistrz Effects demo and see my old projects!

thanks bukary!

i got it

one more question tho :

spoiler:
    i ofund the switch in the kitchen andthe one in the bedroom where was the 3rd secret?

Originally posted by ShadowWolf421
    thanks bukary!

i got it

one more question tho :

spoiler:
    i ofund the switch in the kitchen andthe one in the bedroom where was the 3rd secret?
    Hmm... I found only two secret when I beta tested this FM. I don't know what the third secret is...

i havent passed it, because i dunno how to do the objective mix the elixir of silence

to make the elixir you need three things: Water from the Greay Mtns. A rat's tail, and soem grass.

the water is
    spoiler:
    on a shelf in the attic, its in a yellow vile. The shelf aslo has a book and a skull on it, if that helps.

the rat is

spoiler:
    in the little building outside where all the bodies are piled and where you found the blackjack look in the fall corner under the shelf behind a crate

the grass:

spoiler:
    ok got out the building where you got the rat and turn and face the stone wall. now look down and look around and you should be able to frob like four blades of grass

to make the elixir
    spoiler:

ok now go back to the attic, and go to the machine by Tobias's body. frob the lever and a little door will open it. put the rat, the vile of water, and a blade of grass in there and frob the lever again. in a few seconds the little door will open at the bottom and there you can get the elixir

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

Cool mission...

The detail and time that the author put into making the grounds overgrown, as well as the overall feel of the house, is really outstanding in this one. It really reminded me of OC,OD for some reason, although I know you didn't one this time bukary.... unless you're just saying that to make us not suspect you!

Re: Cool mission...

Originally posted by yandros
    The detail and time that the author put into making the grounds overgrown, as well as the overall feel of the house, is really outstanding in this one. It really reminded me of OC,OD for some reason, although I know you didn't one this time bukary.... unless you're just saying that to make us not suspect you!
    Thanks in behalf of the author.
    But I only beta tested this FM. Of course, I suggested some changes during beta phase... And some of my remarks were included in the final version...

thanks ShadowWolf421

hey bukary, are you starting a new fm?

Originally posted by bukary
    Hmm... I found only two secret when I beta tested this FM. I don't know what the third secret is...
    All Secrets:

spoiler:
    Kitchen: Under the "room-separator"

spoiler:
    Bedroom: Right side of fireplace

spoiler:
    Working room (1. room with desk) between room-separator and book shelf

Nicely done mission and hidden switches, though not as "devilishly" as in Burrick's Head Inn, IMHO.

Originally posted by ploso
    hey bukary, are you starting a new fm?
    Yes... Check my signature...

As for "Unfortunate Formulae: there are three secrets:
    spoiler:
    1) The switch in the kitchen (under the table),
    2) the button in the bedroom (on the fireplace),
    3) the button in the room with the arches.

Good luck!
    Download Old Comrades, Old Debts FM or Mistrz Effects demo and see my old projects!

Sneaky1Kenobi
    Great mission! I am guessing the author is MaJiC. He authored a previous FM called Father's Pride that has a picture of his sons in it. Did I notice a resemblance to the
    spoiler:
    secret picture in this mission entitled Father's Pride???

I liked the movie intro ala Frobber's Hallucinations and the level of detail was very nice. Very atmospheric and polished. I just love missions with windows!

Suggestion: the gold pen holder on the desk needs its location/rotation fixed as it falls through the desk in game. I kept seeing something gold shining under the desk and as I am 5 bucks short of the loot total I went into DromEd to see what it was - lol! I still can't find the missing $5!

Bukary, thanks for the hint about the key. I had not found the key and got into the attic by:

spoiler:
    hitting the switch on the outside attic area with my one broadhead to get the rope and busting down the door! Not very thiefy, eh?

there is another switch.....

spoiler:
    outside if you hop on the statue's head, you will see it on the roof. but I have yet to figure out what it does. I JUST found it.

Originally posted by dkessler
    there is another switch.....

spoiler:
    outside if you hop on the statue's head, you will see it on the roof. but I have yet to figure out what it does. I JUST found it.
    Far as I can tell, that switch opens the main gate to the estate which in turn opens upon a blank wall. There is however a niche with a flower, a candle, and a plaque that reads "Pamieci L.S." which I suppose means something to someone that knows Polish.

Originally posted by Norman Druart
    Far as I can tell, that switch opens the main gate to the estate which in turn opens upon a blank wall. There is however a niche with a flower, a candle, and a plaque that reads "Pamieci L.S." which I suppose means something to someone that knows Polish.
    It means "In memory of L.S.". I suppose (or now I know) that author dedicated this mission to the person that died recently...

Another very pretty mission. The recipe for the elixir reminded me of making the equipment in Sabotage at Soulforge. This author really has a beautiful sense of interior architecture. It felt like I was really in a little Hobbit's or wizard's cabin in the woods or something like that. I started from the attic with a well aimed arrow. Very good mission.

I seem to be coming up a little short on gold for this one (ok...alot short. I have 695 and need 850). Maybe someone could point out the harder to find loot for me.

Thanks

Er...I guess I should mention that I have found the secrets. The loot objective is the only thing I have yet to complete.
    Last edited by Doomed_Fool; 5th Feb 2003 at 06:29.
    "I laugh in the face of danger...then I hide until it goes away"--Xander

Did you find the ring and coins in the bottom of the little well in the courtyard? The purse tucked in beside the armoire in the first room? A small hammer lying on the floor beside the mechanism that makes the potion in the attic?

Thank you. Maybe next you can send me some new glasses.

spoiler:
    I had found the hammer, but missed the coin bag. As for the stuff in the well...grr. I jumped in and still managed to miss what was in there. Got 920 out of 920, so at least I had found everything else.

Thanks again.
    "I laugh in the face of danger...then I hide until it goes away"--Xander

Don't feel bad. I was wandering around the "No More Clients for Monty" contest mission, totally lost, because I couldn't find anything I needed. I checked the thread and it was talking about a "painting room" After some more wandering around, it turned out I'd missed seeing a dark staircase that lead to a whole other upstairs section! I never would have finished that one without some help.

I just finished this one and wanted to add my praise. MaJiC really put a lot of effort into the scenery detail. I normally hate ghosting, but in this mission it was a lot of fun -- although, the most fun I had was in killing everyone, including the spider.

Originally posted by glennicus
    I just finished this one and wanted to add my praise. MaJiC really put a lot of effort into the scenery detail.
    MaJiC?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I think he's making an assumption based on the "Father's Pride" references. I personally don't enough confidence about any of the C4 FM's to guess who did them... except for mine, of course!

OK I found the lever for the 3rd secret (in the first room). But where is the secret itself? I hear something open, and it seems to be quite close, but for the life of me I can't find where it is?

Check the end of the wood "display" counter in the next room. The one with all the bones, etc. on it. I had a heck of a time finding that, too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast